Persons responsible for companion reactions to LS/DS - Thanks

zerobounds

Alright, whoever orchestrated the character's attitudes and how they react to your descisions with story plot needs a high five.

Mako is a pretty frilly little girl that's all about making money, being nice and doing the right thing but nothing makes her happier than beating the smithereens out of the twits on Alderaan. I collected a fat chunk of DS points there and was previously heavy light side and the story was very satisfying on Alderaan, especially the reactions of my companions - they had character!

Plus half the time they're pretty damn funny, even Khem Val was funny. I'm looking forward to playing the other story lines.

Anyway, kudos.

I was surprised at some of the nuances they managed to pack into those. Examples:

Kira may voice a pessimistic outlook on an upcomming operation, but she'll be super sad if my knight tells her "If you're not comfortable with this, you can stay on the ship; no harm, no foul." She wants to be allowed to be brave and heroic, and have other people have that expectation of her despite her misgivings. Also, as long as it doesn't devolve into going out of the way to be unnecessarily cruel, beating Sith=good. Beating and humiliating or insulting Sith? Awesome. The difficulty can be finding the line between where she thinks you're awesome for being snarky/confident, and where she disapproves because you sound like you enjoy fighting a little too much.

In talking to Doc, I found it hilarious that often, if he said something really ridiculous, I would get higher affection gains for (non-abusively) calling him on it than for listening uncritically. I think there's an element of self-aware silliness in how he operates, and that sometimes he deliberately says outrageous things to instigate conversation. The other thing that reliably turns him on is standing up for the interests of civilians or non-combattants, especially when it's Republic/Jedi authorities (i.e. your bosses) who are proposing scorched-earth tactics in their bid to disarm/disable/appropriate the planet-eating superweapon of the week.

Edited by Meira_Arirai