Character Transfer Sale 5/26 – 6/5

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

As Ben mentioned in his earlier forum post, we definitely wanted to allow Guilds and players time to organize themselves within the previous Character Transfer sale. With that in mind, we are going to be introducing one more sale period before they revert to their new price of 1,000 Cartel Coins (1,500 for Regional). Here are the sale details:

When: Thursday, May 26th – Sunday, June 5th

What: Character transfers (not including Regional) will be 90 Cartel Coins

Where: Make sure that you are logged into swtor.com and go here.

Thanks everyone. Spread the word!

-eric

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As Ben mentioned in his earlier forum post, we definitely wanted to allow Guilds and players time to organize themselves within the previous Character Transfer sale. With that in mind, we are going to be introducing one more sale period before they revert to their new price of 1,000 Cartel Coins (1,500 for Regional). Here are the sale details:

-eric

How about send a mass email to all current subs and all cancelled subs. I know of about 10 people who will re sub to transfer toons and start playing this game again. You need to make this more public than asking people like me to spread the word. A lot of these people I have no way to contact outside of the game.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you eric that is very nice of you. :)

Edited by commanderwar

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you guys for doing this Eric and helping the community out. I will definitely do my best and spread the word in game, other websites, and etc. I hope everyone is able to transfer and find a good cozy home for their toons. :)

How about send a mass email to all current subs and all cancelled subs. I know of about 10 people who will re sub to transfer toons and start playing this game again. You need to make this more public than asking people like me to spread the word. A lot of these people I have no way to contact outside of the game.

cannot believe I am saying this because of the person who said (no offense but we do not agree on much)

Agreed.

Thx for the info Eric.!!

BUT!!!

Yes there is always a *but* ;) ..!

Could you please give us specific infos about the whole *Guild-Items won't transfer* problem and how Guilds will be able to use this Sale WITHOUT loosing everything.?!

Best regards

Kage

Thx for the info Eric.!!

BUT!!!

Yes there is always a *but* ;) ..!

Could you please give us specific infos about the whole *Guild-Items won't transfer* problem and how Guilds will be able to use this Sale WITHOUT loosing everything.?!

Best regards

Kage

I can almost bet that you are going to have to start over as they probably don't have a way to transfer guild and guild property intact. You have to disband and start from the beginning on a new server.

PLEASE ALLOW US TO XFER GUILD SHIPS!! Players have spent an enormous amount of time and credits on their guild ships, please please please allow Guild Ships to XFER!!!

You do understand that all they are doing is lowering the price to the promotional discount of 90cc, right?

And for a limited time only, with firm start and end dates this time.

I know of about 10 people who will re sub to transfer toons and start playing this game again.

If they are not subbed, why on earth should we care about them? I get that you do.. which is fine.. sooooooo let those 10 people know about it. Be part of the solution.... for your 10 beloved alleged acquaintances. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Yeah we've got people out of the country. We're not abandoning them to a dead server. Come up with a more permanent solution please.

Really though, I appreciate the advance notice this time. It's just not the right solution for us.

Edited by ariasfel

Yeah we've got people out of the country. We're not abandoning them to a dead server. Come up with a more permanent solution please.

Really though, I appreciate the advance notice this time. It's just not the right solution for us.

Nothing is ever a good or right solution for you people. SMH

Edited by ThomasStarWars

If they are not subbed, why on earth should we care about them? I get that you do.. which is fine.. sooooooo let those 10 people know about it. Be part of the solution.... for your 10 beloved alleged acquaintances. ;)

I know at least 10 people who quit because of POT5 being completely dead. If they were to receive an email explaining 90CC for transfers they would resub and transfer. What's so hard to figure out about that?

I know at least 10 people who quit because of POT5 being completely dead. If they were to receive an email explaining 90CC for transfers they would resub and transfer. What's so hard to figure out about that?

And you can't contact them?

I know if I had people I knew that unsub because of transfers I would contact them myself to let them know. I wouldn't wait on a company to do that if I really cared about them.

Thank you Eric. Glad to hear there is a response on this.

It would still be good to give a way to transfer guild assets. There is validity to complaints about the time and effort that goes into acquiring them as well as the problems with doing group content on servers which are now ghost towns. For reference, I started on Lord Ieldis (sp?) and remember what it was like prior to server mergers when there was no one on fleet, only a handful of people on any particular planet and trying to do group content. It just couldn't be done. That issue puts some guilds on a hard place of deciding to either abandon everything and try to start over or stay nad have no one to do anything with.