Sorc Healing

Kycen

How is Sorc healing right now in pvp? I just came back after taking a several month break and I see a lot of people complaining about sorcerer dps in pvp with all the marauders and such running around but how are they holding up as healers compared to the other classes? Thanks :)

We can get the job done and be pesky if you spec hybrid with lightning tree (20/20 healing trance + kinectic collapse).

If you play your cards right, you will never have a problem with marauders (except very intelligent rage maras, who are few anyway). Any pyrotech, be good or bad, will kill you in less than 10 seconds if you are not very geared and he is.

Other than that the game will become hell to you when the other team decides that you have to die, the combination of trash survivability and long cast self rooting heals takes a big chunk of our efficiency when we are being chased around. The lack of a defensive cd and reliable instant heals makes us very exposed to any kind of pressure.

I would recommend that you rerrol scoundrel healer, because they have their own utility (stealth, sap, close range INSTANT aoe mez, smuggle) which is different from ours but its also valuable and they overshadow us in all the aspects of PvP healing (both on the move and self rooted) and survivability.

TLDR: We can be good but we are always too fragile, we are chewed by pyrotechs (even the bad ones) and scoundrels are better than us at everything related to healing. Rerrol sawbones.

Wow, the guy above me pretty much nailed it.

Current Sorc healing strat is to run, hide, kite, cast a few heals, die and repeat.

Seems about right..

Join battle, spam a few heals (if any get through), get focused by a few marauders/power techs, die, and hope you get back to save someone before they die.

Seems about right..

Join battle, spam a few heals (if any get through), get focused by a few marauders/power techs, die, and hope you get back to save someone before they die.

Please show me a class except the op shadowtank and sentinel that can survive being focused by as you put it a few of nything, please show me a class able to survive a few operatives stunlocking it, or a few marauders doing force choke+ravage ....

Sorc healing takes a lot of skill but you can also do an effective heal/dps hybrid and put op 300-400k healing and the same amount of damage...