Announcing SWMoniTOR! - Peer-to-Peer Live Combat Parsing

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My raid used it last night and saw the same thing (Incidently im the one who posted on the swmonitor forums about it).

From the reply i got there, it seems if u dont regen the raid key shortly before u use it, it may cause problems.

Ill br trying again tonite with fresh raid key as we start, and see how it goes. Would love to use this, as it allows much greater degree of live detail than competitors.

Had a mara who was using it say numbers from their healing aura thing seemed quite strange in the healing graph (extremely high, beating both healers in 8m at times on HM Kephess) I couldnt see the graph cause of teh disconnect issue, so just taking his word for it.

He also mentioned threat oddities with vanish. Ive seen most live things have big troubles with this, so im guessin it'll just be one of those things they'll slowly get better at detailing.

We've tried multiple keys, even in the same night. You have to constantly disconnect and reconnect to see everyone or they slowly start to drop from your frame.

The changes I mentioned that we're making to the troubleshooting report should help us identify and fix any remaining problems with the connection code. In the meantime, have your guild members run the existing troubleshooting report before they join your next operation (if they do it after they register for the operation it will disconnect them and that will trigger the problem we've already identified) and let us know if there's anything that doesn't show up as "passed".

We're committed to quickly making this a solid, stable product for the community so we appreciate the help in getting this or other issues nailed down.

Edited by Gaktar

Hello,

At one point in our raid tonight, our meters (with 7 out of 8 connected) went from reading a nice DPS number (say, 1575.8) to starting at 0.0 and climbing upwards until the fight was over, like a total damage done reading, but with a modifier. I ended a fight in KP with a reading of "5.7"

All others connected at the time noticed the same issue.

Hello,

At one point in our raid tonight, our meters (with 7 out of 8 connected) went from reading a nice DPS number (say, 1575.8) to starting at 0.0 and climbing upwards until the fight was over, like a total damage done reading, but with a modifier. I ended a fight in KP with a reading of "5.7"

All others connected at the time noticed the same issue.

I haven't seen anything like that yet in my testing. A few questions to help try to track it down:

- Did you save the parse file after your raid (could be useful to try to reproduce the bug)?

- Did you notice anything else odd about the encounter like the duration or total damage done?

- Could this have been a fight that started right before midnight and glitched at midnight?

I'll start a ticket on this one and we'll see if we can reproduce the symptoms over here with an error in the total damage or duration and then try to figure out how the error occured.

Thanks for the feedback!

Can you use the Group name to connect as well as the key? or do you have to use the key?

Currently you just have to use the key. In the future, we'll be adding more options for guilds to use their own, less cryptic keys that can remain the same from raid to raid as well.

I haven't seen anything like that yet in my testing. A few questions to help try to track it down:

- Did you save the parse file after your raid (could be useful to try to reproduce the bug)?

- Did you notice anything else odd about the encounter like the duration or total damage done?

- Could this have been a fight that started right before midnight and glitched at midnight?

I'll start a ticket on this one and we'll see if we can reproduce the symptoms over here with an error in the total damage or duration and then try to figure out how the error occured.

Thanks for the feedback!

I did not save anything in the program. Nothing unusual in the fights either. We did have several members in the raid eho live on the East coast, and they would have ticked over midnight while the rest of us were at 9PM/10PM.

I did not save anything in the program. Nothing unusual in the fights either. We did have several members in the raid eho live on the East coast, and they would have ticked over midnight while the rest of us were at 9PM/10PM.

We've now got this bug and several disconnecting issues fixed. We'll be doing some testing tonight and release a new build tomorrow.

We've now got this bug and several disconnecting issues fixed. We'll be doing some testing tonight and release a new build tomorrow.

Excellent, thank you. We'll be going back in to raid tomorrow night and should be able to give more feedback afterward.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesn't this count as a "3rd party software", and a ban reason from bioware?

Just making sure before i throw out 1 year of subscription.

Here's a dev post in another thread in response to the same question:

We’ve asked our Terms of Service department, and we can confirm it is not part of our policy to ban players for using combat log parsers. If anyone feels like an action has been taken against their account in error, we strongly encourage you to contact support (http://www.swtor.com/support/form) with details. Please keep in mind that we do monitor for anything that violates the Terms of Service (speedhacking, botting, or any other third-party software that interacts with the client to result in unintended behavior). We also encourage people to be very careful about downloading and using any third-party software – remember to take the safety of your computer seriously!

I downloaded this program with high expectations. I got it running after reading the tutorials without any issues.

Ten minutes later, my cat died.

In summary, this program will kill your pets. That is all.

LOL, Frezzy, your logic is impeccable. (nothing like someone from your own guild to give you a hard time :D)

My AV suite is picking it up as a trojan - I know some s/w can be mis diagnosed - but I wanted to play it safe and report it.

I assure you there is no trojan. External scans and more info on this topic (such as false positive reports) is available from an article on the SWMoniTOR forums (Computer Safety Guide)

Had a mara who was using it say numbers from their healing aura thing seemed quite strange in the healing graph (extremely high, beating both healers in 8m at times on HM Kephess) I couldnt see the graph cause of teh disconnect issue, so just taking his word for it.

He also mentioned threat oddities with vanish. Ive seen most live things have big troubles with this, so im guessin it'll just be one of those things they'll slowly get better at detailing.

Throughout the Beta testing I haven't seen anything like weird healing numbers. I'm usually next after all the dedicated healers, but well below. My only thought is if your healers were having part of the disconnect issues you were talking about then their hps would go down and could go down below the mara's heals.

As per the vanish ... I'm not sure. I noticed a -3K threat for myself on one encounter (where I had used vanish) .. but I either had never noticed it before when i've used vanish or it was a one-off weird thing, but I'll keep an eye on it during our next raid and smack Gak if its doing something funky there.

Throughout the Beta testing I haven't seen anything like weird healing numbers. I'm usually next after all the dedicated healers, but well below. My only thought is if your healers were having part of the disconnect issues you were talking about then their hps would go down and could go down below the mara's heals.

As per the vanish ... I'm not sure. I noticed a -3K threat for myself on one encounter (where I had used vanish) .. but I either had never noticed it before when i've used vanish or it was a one-off weird thing, but I'll keep an eye on it during our next raid and smack Gak if its doing something funky there.

The large non-healer heal parses is probably related to when a mob is mezzed and is taking continuous heals for the duration that it is mezzed. The fix we have planned is to only include heals on players and not on enemies (which makes sense when you think about it afterwards :o).

The healing was on Kephess, so wasnt to do with mezz. But i know i (1 of the healers) was having the disconnect issue, not sure if the other one was. So ill wait for u guys to rls ur update and might try again this week.