Did you Like the Force unleashed? AND Dislike the force unleashed 2?

Ch_Zero

Because i thought the first one was polished, seemed to have that star wars glimmer to it.

But the second one... man was it bad, seemed to be a bad script writer, buggy game bosses and mechanics, and was very very short.

Didn't do justice at all to the star wars saga.

I even laughed near the end, because it goes through that whole Ok i kidnapped the girl now bow before me. Vader goes on his little rant, and the girl gets freed and they fight.

Seemed to be lacking the Lucas touch completely.

Agreed?

Because i thought the first one was polished, seemed to have that star wars glimmer to it.

But the second one... man was it bad, seemed to be a bad script writer, buggy game bosses and mechanics, and was very very short.

I even laughed near the end, because it goes through that whole Ok i kidnapped the girl now bow before me. Vader goes on his little rant, and the girl gets freed and they fight.

Agreed?

I hated both games. Bought the first because it looked cool. And then a friend let me borrow the second one. Had problems with glitches and bugs.

Starkiller could have been an epic character. I would have liked him more if he wasn't a whiner. Reminds me of Anakin Skywalker before he turned into Darth Vader.

I hated both games. Bought the first because it looked cool. And then a friend let me borrow the second one. Had problems with glitches and bugs.

Starkiller could have been an epic character. I would have liked him more if he wasn't a whiner. Reminds me of Anakin Skywalker before he turned into Darth Vader.

Personally I thought the story was told a lot better in the books. Though the second book wasn't as great because all it was about was Starkiller going after Juno and the whole "is he a clone or is he not a clone" deal. I thought the whole clone deal was just stupid.

Personally I thought the story was told a lot better in the books. Though the second book wasn't as great because all it was about was Starkiller going after Juno and the whole "is he a clone or is he not a clone" deal. I thought the whole clone deal was just stupid.

I didn't even know there was books on him.

I didn't even know there was books on him.

They are based on the games but the story comes out so much clearer and better than what any game can come up with. There are some differences just like there are between movies and their books. They weren't too bad in my opinion. But like I said the second one was literally Starkiller going after Juno. Every time Kota wanted him to do something for the Rebellion Galen's answer would always be along the line of "I don't care. All I care about is Juno." Which they did not translate into the game at all it seems.

I loved TFU I, but only 'liked TFU 2.

Why?

TFU I:

- Had fully story, which was fairly long, great background and progression for the characters too, etc

TFU II:

- Had a short, 1 way story: "Find Juno" that's it.

- The real Starkilller is dead

- Somehow the ENTIRE Rebel fleet attacks Kamino and wins...and this is never mentioned again...

- Vader's 'perfect clone' is no where in the end of the lightside....maybe hiding on board the Rouge Shadow?

I liked em, the DLC stuff is also pretty neat...though some cut scenes are hard to watch...<< Luke was a BA on Hoth at the final portion of the fight, where he force pushed back Darth Starkiller and walked out while using the force to close the blast door behind him that cut scene was nice. I didn't very much like the Endor DLC, for that one particular cut scene.... Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Agreed?

boring the 2 games have no true meaning in star wars lore.

i rather play kota or mace windu as main character of the game and try build the rebellion.

Both games were utter crap in my opinion, the story is actually laughably bad, and the gameplay is repetitive and boring. The only decent thing about the games was the physics. There was defo some good gameplay mechanics that made good use of the physics engine, but as I said before, it got boring and repetitive very fast.

I think there was a lot of potential for a great Star Wars game using their tech, maybe if they picked a different era in the lore, and diversified the gameplay a bit more, and spent ALOT more time writing the story and characters it could have been much better and enjoyable.

I thought the gameplay of the first one was fun but force powers were WAY WAY WAY overpowered, I mean Luke Skywalker can barely pull an X-Wing out of the mud while Galen Marek can rip Star Destroyers out of the sky?? (WITH the engines fighting against him)

The second one was disappointing to say the least...

Edited by GeneralRadex

I thought the gameplay of the first one was fun but force powers were WAY WAY WAY overpowered, I mean Luke Skywalker can barely pull an X-Wing out of the mud while Galen Marek can rip Star Destroyers out of the sky?? (WITH the engines fighting against him)

The second one was disappointing to say the least...

In the game they wanted you to feel powerful. According to the book, the Star Destroyer was actually crashing from orbit and Galen was controlling it's decent down, not actually pulling it out of the sky like the game suggests.

I liked both games, btw i don't care what wookieepedia says, starkiller in II is NOT a clone, the one thing i can't stand is any material that claims he is a clone when it should just be left unanswered.

It is answered...

The game CONFIRMS that the Galen Marek we play IS infact a clone...do all the challenge levels and there are cinamatics that depicts the training of the 'one perfect clone' that Vader has as his new aprentice...one cinematic is called "The Body" and it shows Vader, the perfect clone....and the suspended corpse of the true Starkiller in his iconic training gear from TFU I in the center of the room on the Kaminoan cloning facility.

Edited by Eillack

First game, I absolutely loved it. Dark, great story, liked the main character.

Spoilers alert

Second game, not as much. I love the fact it got a sequel, but the fact your a clone instead, the clone gets with Juno, and the canon ending where they catch Darth Vader, the dark side clone is still out there, Boba is tailing you..that's where it ends? Just..wow.

I loved the first one, story wise. And I don't care what anyone says about Starkiller being OP, I think anyone who spent most of their entire lives being groomed to be the guy to help Vader take down the Emperor should be able to smack Palpatine around his throne room for a good bit.

And yes, that's why Vader trained Galen, not to "lure out the Emperor's enemies". That was the entire plan, he just got cold feet when Palpatine found out about it. Vader and Galen together could have killed the Emperor, and Vader put some thought into that option. I think the only reason he threw the guy out into space was because he'd already crippled him with his lightsaber.

The second one took me a bit to wrap my head around. I had trouble accepting the double-saber form, the Juno obsession, and the extremely limited story. But then came the Vader fight in the Kamino cloning tanks, that was fun! And the Light Side ending grabbed me and made me start hoping for a sequel. Vader being held captive by the Rebellion and a ticked off maybe-clone Starkiller? I'd love to see how that turned out. Vader gets out, of course, but how??

Edited by Malles

• 8 months later...

I liked both of them. TFU 2 however is getting a lot of hate, so I'll focus on that.

I really like the second one, mainly because the gameplay was much better (and graphics etc) but also because of the beautiful areas you visit. The very beginning where you jump out of the window is fun, and looks great - as does the whole Kamino facility. Cato Nemodia I thought was especially cool, the aesthetics were incredible and I loved the whole arena thing, and the city hanging in the sky, very star warsy. And the space battle, and interior ships looked awesome too. Oh and the refitted Rogue Shadow is sweet!

Altogether it looked amazing and played amazing as well, I think we can all agree on that. And it looked better than TFU, although that looked great too. But it was the story that let it down. First of all the whole clone thing seemed a little bit of a cop out, maybe, I don't know. But the main thing is, it was too short. Great for replayable value, I've done it 2 or 3 times now, but I didn't have an in depth enough story. It didn't introduce any new characters so didn't even flesh anything out. The story they had was good, I don't think that can be complained about, but it had so much wasted potential. And then the ending was a bit dumb, one does not simply 'capture' Darth Vader.

I wouldn't pass up a third instalment however, anyone else wanna see TFU3? (it kinda has to happen...) I think this would greatly improve the story quality of TFU 2, if it say, became something of an interlude between TFU 1 and 3 which has a big fleshed out story like the first, perhaps this is what they are planning...