Species respec for alts in 1.2?

Snakeloki

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, BW has said they won't be letting us do that.

We're going to have to delete & re-create our alts if we want to use new Legacy species unlocks cause there will be no retroactive species unlocks because BioWare is not too smart or some other silly reason I really don't know...

So basically, those of us who came first before this feature get punished. Much sense make.

It's a story MMO.. re-birthing a character doesn't quite fit into the story. At least that's BW's take. Personally, I think race changes/Species changes should be allowed with the opening of races within Legacy. Esp in the concept of the "family" tree. Having all my characters of the same race would at least make that not seem so stupid.

if the rakata machine can rebuild my inquisitors body from scratch (class story).... then bioware can use that as an excuse saying rakata technology has been found that modifies a characters body even turning them into what ever species they choose. Here's your excuse for the LORE part BW. I expect this to be in-game soon :p

It's a story MMO.. re-birthing a character doesn't quite fit into the story. At least that's BW's take. Personally, I think race changes/Species changes should be allowed with the opening of races within Legacy. Esp in the concept of the "family" tree. Having all my characters of the same race would at least make that not seem so stupid.

So when they have paid race changes then what's the excuse there?

It's not a "story" thing it's a "This system didn't exist, i want it to actually make sense that my sith pureblood has sith pureblood children/zabrak/whathaveyou"

This is why I stopped giving EA my money for a couple of months, so I wouldnt make more alts until the full game gets released in April. If you dont like how a company is treating you like crap, then stop giving them money for treating you like crap ;)

However TBQH there arnt any extra race/class combos I care to unlock. Youd basically need to have a full server of characters to get them all unlocked anyway, and then youd have no room to make those new alts with their new races.

You know I was looking over my characters last night wondering how to best take advantage of the legacy thing. It dawned on me that nothing matters b/c almost all of my alts are level 32 or higher (no way am I rerolling). This new legacy stuff really should have been available at launch. Edited by GRINnBARRETT

You know I was looking over my characters last night wondering how to best take advantage of the legacy thing. It dawned on me that nothing matters b/c almost all of my alts are level 32 or higher (no way am I rerolling). This new legacy stuff really should have been available at launch.

I asked about it constantly on the forums when I first heard about the LEGACY unlock stuff, begging the Devs to answer & in the meantime ingame I just kept sitting on my low level alts cause I knew there was something fishy about BioWare refusing to answer mine & anyone else's questions on the forums about this.

I just knew it in back of my mind that BioWare were inexperienced & would pull something stupid like this & I knew myself & that I'd be extra angry if I ever did roll a class to 50 & then had to delete that character just so I could re-roll it again to play the exact same class the exact same way picking the exact same dialog choices in the exact same class story running across the exact same planets, you get the idea....I didn't want to do that.

So I played my main cyborg Bounty Hunter Merc to max level to get my LEGACY unlocks. I played an alt Powertech to 45, then I only played my Sith Marauder & Commando to level 13 & I really just PVP'd with them. I've got about 4 alts planned to play, so I'll be creating them & playing them when I re-sub sometime after 1.2 goes live. I'm glad that I was right about BioWare & I feel less frustration to top things off.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

if the rakata machine can rebuild my inquisitors body from scratch (class story).... then bioware can use that as an excuse saying rakata technology has been found that modifies a characters body even turning them into what ever species they choose. Here's your excuse for the LORE part BW. I expect this to be in-game soon :p

quoting this since people don't think that this should be allowed

Edited by Talsalus

Well, for that, they establish that characters are adopted by a member of a different species.

You know I was looking over my characters last night wondering how to best take advantage of the legacy thing. It dawned on me that nothing matters b/c almost all of my alts are level 32 or higher (no way am I rerolling). This new legacy stuff really should have been available at launch.

This, and to use the Legacy Species you have to have leveled a character to 50 to unlock it...

So to use Sith Pureblood, as a reb, I have to already have a lvl 50 Imp Sith pureblood...

So to unlock all the Species you need 4 rebs (think this is actually 5) and 4 imps, then you can use all the species....

Ow wait no you cant because you only have 8 slot's ???

ROFL

Pretty much sums it up.

It's really annoying having to delete a character (even more high level) to another, particularly when / if new races come, my love Zabrak level 40 but I know that if there comes a Kaleesh have to remove it to fit in my future legacy tree x.x (but only to put this kind I've more of a force to create another character hahaha) Edited by Kunitokotachi

Why all this drama about recolored humanoids? It's not like rerolling your night elf rogue into a human because some patch made the racials the difference between winning and losing arenas. Put on full armor and you'll look just like everyone else.

Why all this drama about recolored humanoids? It's not like rerolling your night elf rogue into a human because some patch made the racials the difference between winning and losing arenas. Put on full armor and you'll look just like everyone else.

Because maybe If legacy is going to be a family tree id like it to actually make sense.

Not everything needs to fit into the damn story, for people saying all that garbage. If I want to gender swap in WoW, I ain't gonna get turned down because they aren't advanced enough, what'll happen is I toss them my money, and they give me the service I wanted.

Think of it as an OOC adjustment, flow with what is.

Because maybe If legacy is going to be a family tree id like it to actually make sense.

You're absolutely right, the first-comers should be allowed this option. There was no hint, no warning of anything like this coming up, and many people take Bio-Wares 'Family tree' thing to the RPG viewpoint, as it should be taken IMO.