Relic w/proc from Fabricator

So i got the relic from HM fabricator and im not sure i inderstand why this is good.

The description reads like this.

"Damage dealing effects have a 30% chance to deal an additional 168 internal damage. This effect can only happen every 4.5 seconds."

Why would this be good compared tothe Columi power or crit relics. 168 every 4.5 secs isnt much unless im missing something

So i got the relic from HM fabricator and im not sure i inderstand why this is good.

The description reads like this.

"Damage dealing effects have a 30% chance to deal an additional 168 internal damage. This effect can only happen every 4.5 seconds."

Why would this be good compared tothe Columi power or crit relics. 168 every 4.5 secs isnt much unless im missing something

I have Dark Energy Surge from nightmare mode, and it does not ever hit lower than 180ish. Crits hit for around 320.

Also, internal damage is not mitigated by armor.

For fights with distinct burn phases (Soa, P3) the on use relic is nice. I keep my proc relic on most of the time, simply because I don't have to remember to trigger it. For burn phases I'm already hitting an adrenal and inspiration (sentinel buff) so one less thing to use is welcome.

I have Dark Energy Surge from nightmare mode, and it does not ever hit lower than 180ish. Crits hit for around 320.

Also, internal damage is not mitigated by armor.

For fights with distinct burn phases (Soa, P3) the on use relic is nice. I keep my proc relic on most of the time, simply because I don't have to remember to trigger it. For burn phases I'm already hitting an adrenal and inspiration (sentinel buff) so one less thing to use is welcome.

Thats the one. I thought about that but i run Matrix Cube and Boundless Ages (Crit and Surge). I figure the 20 secs thats on is worth way more damage than 168-320 every 4 seconds. I dunno though.

Per sithwarrior.com the on use relics are roughly the same dps as the energy surge relics. However, if you hit more often than once every 1.5 seconds, which you would in a dot spec, then the energy surge will be better because the calculations on sithwarrior are from hits spaced 1.5 seconds apart.

On use relics are better for burn phases like fabricator, however I would NOT use the crit/surge relics unless you have under 69% surge and 28% crit. The diminishing returns are far too grand to use those. Instead try using the 355 power relic, you should notice a sharp climb in your dps during burn phases.

Also, the energy and kinetic energy surge relics are better than the internal relic in raids where you have many armor debuffs on the boss will get you closer to 224 and higher than 168(the internal relic dmg).

Hope this helps :D