Make smash single target - the problem is solved

dejavy

The 9k crits aren't something ridiculous in this game coz even my commando crits 9.2k from time to time. The problem is that it's instant AOE strike which makes the tactics and strategy on the field senseless. I tried my commando and scoundrel as healers and was a bit confused when 4 smashers lowered the team's health to 5-10% in a second with the only strike. Not needed to tell you how it happens. They just leap in the crowd near a node and yeh - smash it. If there are 1-2 smashers it's more or less healable and avoidable and controlable. But 3-5 monkeys leaping everything that moves is just stupid. The class is really famous now cos you don't need to think much. Just leap n smash - 900k in the list after, end of story.

So that smash is an AOE attack it MUST be weaker than single target attack, isn't it? If everyone realizes it then why the hell it's still criting more than any other class single target skill?! Don't tell me it's all about subscribers. Are BW just so stupid that do not understand it? What's the reason?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...The problem is that it's instant 30m ranged AOE strike which makes the tactics and strategy on the field senseless.....

Fixed it for you.

Along with that, because the game is unable to determine location of players most of the time during leap, ability delay will allow even a mid flight stun to be ineffective against the monkeys. Along those lines of character movement being handled oh so well, the following attack will almost always hit no matter the distance you have on them.

Before someone claims lag, I have been in the 40ms range in warzones, my ~1/25th of a second of delay tells me that the games native latency or the mechanic is at fault, not my end.

For being an instant attack, AOE, a 12 second CD, a base ability, and finally any sort of skill curve to use, the damage output is not in line with any other ability in the game that I can think of. Turbulence, takes a full skill tree to get, I think has a higher base damage, is internal damage, single target, and has a lengthy inturruptable cast time (CD +cast puts it only 1 second faster then smash) does not compare in damage.

But whatever, monkeys threw their poo long enough to get bubble stun nerfed to being near useless and currently broken and often ineffective (not only do all melee classes have an ability that can usually break bubble from range, basic melee range is enough to far enough to break it without getting mezzed)

Smash isn't going anywhere, Bioware doesn't have the ability to add player skill into smash. Everyone else has to just deal with it.

Enough is enough, smash isn't OP in any way, If you really have a problem with it, roll a sniper. That's its counter,, too bad if you never have one. Just because someone beats you doesn't make what they play overpowered.

Pre 2.0 it probably was, but now, it's nothing special. Snipers, sages, shadows, commandos, pretty much every class has an attack that hits as hard or harder. Don't Clump up and smash isn't near as effective.

Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

Learn to counter smash, or be bad.

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

If there is more than more one smasher?

Taunt damage, hard focus switch, rinse and repeat.

This pro message and been brought to you by Caeliux The Truth Teller.

All proceeds go to noobs that need to learn to play dealing with good players.

/fin

Edited by Caeliux

Pro tip: In your premade/group spread out so aoe don't affect all of you, hard focus switch to smasher, stun/root/knockback, dead smasher.

Rinse and repeat.

/fin

This man speaks the truth

Enough is enough, smash isn't OP in any way, If you really have a problem with it, roll a sniper. That's its counter,, too bad if you never have one. Just because someone beats you doesn't make what they play overpowered.

Pre 2.0 it probably was, but now, it's nothing special. Snipers, sages, shadows, commandos, pretty much every class has an attack that hits as hard or harder. Don't Clump up and smash isn't near as effective.

It's not about someone beats someone. It's about the mass efect of smashers gameplay. A smasher is absolutely harmless himself BUT if there are 2-3-5 of them it's kind of catastrophy. Taking into account their survivability even 2 smashers become a problem. That's the point mate. Mass AOE skill that deals 8k+ damage by 3-5 players is kind of complete BS in game balance issue. THere's just no need in any other class except 1 healer and a taunting tank on the field.

So many times i saw premades of 3 smashers and oper/scound healer. More over the final result is always the same. The top of the damage list belongs to smashers. Ofcourse it's not OP. We are just whining coz someone kicked our a**.

I laugh at teams stacking smashers, because melee DPS are very easy to AOE taunt. I've fought multiple smasher teams, and I win most WZs with 0-2 deaths, regardless of if the opposite team is using smash, or sorcs. Smash isn't the strongest DPS spec in 2.0. Marksman and lethality are. Btw, demo round easily hits for over 10000 damage, and only requires the use of 1 grav round to buff demo round. Edited by TheCourier-

Or make it only auto crit the person you have targeted?

Maybe will make it so stacking a bit of crit is important because the surge change didn't do anything for gearing on that spec.

That won't work because you can technically Smash without having anyone targetted. Just make Charge/Obliterate put a 1 charge debuff on the target (stacks with other Smashers) that causes them to have 100% chance next smash on them is a crit. Make it uncleansable and last the same duration as the self buff for guaranteed crit lasts.

Edited by Astarica

As long as they make Smash gameplay less shallow so that it's actually rewarding to play, I'm all for autocrit nerfs, single-target autocrits, smash cooldown increase, etc.

Spec's focus (no pun intended) should really be moved further away from Sweep/Smash. I'd love Focus/Rage to be the caster-y spec of the Warrior/Knight. More 10-meter powers, more utility and range flexibility, less derpsmash.

I laugh at teams stacking smashers, because melee DPS are very easy to AOE taunt. I've fought multiple smasher teams, and I win most WZs with 0-2 deaths, regardless of if the opposite team is using smash, or sorcs. Smash isn't the strongest DPS spec in 2.0. Marksman and lethality are. Btw, demo round easily hits for over 10000 damage, and only requires the use of 1 grav round to buff demo round.

Demo rounds don't have autocrit mechanics, though - that's the main complaint, from what I gather. I'm stacking Power like mad on my Commando, and I get this kind of Demo crits, but they don't occur very often. I don't really have a whole lot of space for Crit because of how devalued this stat became.

Edited by Helig

That won't work because you can technically Smash without having anyone targetted. Just make Charge/Obliterate put a 1 charge debuff on the target (stacks with other Smashers) that causes them to have 100% chance next smash on them is a crit. Make it uncleansable and last the same duration as the self buff for guaranteed crit lasts.

demo round is not AOE and is not a guaranteed crit. apples and oranges...

Nerf smash, gives a 4sec stun for Warrior/Knight. Fixed, balance fixed.

Warriors don't have a 4sec stun? They have an strong atack to compensate lack of crowd control.

Force choke/stasis it's not a stun.

The forums will be flooded with stun=>ravage tears.

Also, you have enough CC as a Warrior/Knight. The only thing I'd like is a talent in Vigilance and Combat that either "freezes" DoTs on mezzed targets, or makes my AoE mez immune to my own DoTs.

Or make it only auto crit the person you have targeted?

Maybe will make it so stacking a bit of crit is important because the surge change didn't do anything for gearing on that spec.

Boom. Autocrit the single targeted target only, all others in the AOE have a regular hit.

Boom. Autocrit the single targeted target only, all others in the AOE have a regular hit.

Again that won't work because Smash doesn't require a target to use. You'd have to make Charge/Obliterate put a debuff on whoever you have targetted instead, as there clearly has to be a target for either ability to be used.

demo round is not AOE and is not a guaranteed crit. apples and oranges...

Grav round hits for over 5000 consistently, and due to the PVE set bonus, crits around 40% of the time. Rage spec literally has smash and force scream, both of which have CDs. Slash's crit chance got nerfed, by 7.5%. Masterstrike's third tick doesn't happen often in PVP. So, rage spec has smash and force scream.

Nerf smash, gives a 4sec stun for Warrior/Knight. Fixed, balance fixed.

I guess, he meant that after using a smash, warrior/knight will stun himself for a brief period of time.

Edited by Taankjr

Rinse and repeat.

/fin

best post ever, classes are balanced ... we just need new matchmaking system, new maps, x server

The 9k crits aren't something ridiculous in this game coz even my commando crits 9.2k from time to time. The problem is that it's instant AOE strike which makes the tactics and strategy on the field senseless. I tried my commando and scoundrel as healers and was a bit confused when 4 smashers lowered the team's health to 5-10% in a second with the only strike. Not needed to tell you how it happens. They just leap in the crowd near a node and yeh - smash it. If there are 1-2 smashers it's more or less healable and avoidable and controlable. But 3-5 monkeys leaping everything that moves is just stupid. The class is really famous now cos you don't need to think much. Just leap n smash - 900k in the list after, end of story.

So that smash is an AOE attack it MUST be weaker than single target attack, isn't it? If everyone realizes it then why the hell it's still criting more than any other class single target skill?! Don't tell me it's all about subscribers. Are BW just so stupid that do not understand it? What's the reason?

Problem not solved. Then it would be the gimped little buddy of the vengeance skill tree, falling far behind ANY other class in DPS.