If you were a Jedi/Sith which Lightsaber form would you specialize in?

RDeanOU

For my characters, and the universe as a whole, I have always been more interested in force combat then lightsaber combat. Due to this, I would master Makashi, because it is relatively common to see a Makashi user fight with their lightsaber in only one hand. That way, I would have a free hand to use force lightning, force choke, etc. (Fan of the Sith here. I think the sacking of Coruscant is one of the singel greatest and most amazing moments in Star Wars history.)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niman. Why? Niman was created so people could train other skills such as diplomacy, and force techniques - like telekinesis. As a Sith Sorcerer my character naturally gravitates to Niman which has techniques such as parrying your opponent's blaster bolt and then letting loose a barrage of force energy.

Makashi duellists tear Soresu practitioners apart, as witnessed when the greatest practitioner of Makashi Dooku schooled the best of Soresu Obi-Wan in RotS.

Refer to book please and maybe you'll restate how Dooku schooled Obi-Wan with his saber form.

Refer to book please and maybe you'll restate how Dooku schooled Obi-Wan with his saber form.

I mistook Rots for Aotc, I apologise vehemently for this transgression.

There are a number of other sources in the sourcebooks, etc... that refer to makashi being to quick and accurate for many Soresu practitioners to battle against.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Is it true that in the ROTS book kenobi out dueled Dooku, if so that is complete ********.

Edited by Malrus

Is it true that in the ROTS book kenobi out dueled Dooku, if so that is complete ********.

In the book it says that Dooku was taken aback by Obi Wan's lightsaber skill and only bested him using his superior knowledge of the force. Basically, if let to sabers Dooku knew Obi Wan was going to beat him, but he was able to use his strong force powers to gain the advantage.

In the book it says that Dooku was taken aback by Obi Wan's lightsaber skill and only bested him using his superior knowledge of the force. Basically, if let to sabers Dooku knew Obi Wan was going to beat him, but he was able to use his strong force powers to gain the advantage.

See, that's what annoys me. No matter what, in the end the good guys always become the best fighters, even though Dooku was regarded as the best duelist in the jedi order and had beaten Windu before.

In the book Kenobi, like Anakin, had caught Dooku off guard. After which Dooku "found himself having a sudden, unexpected, overpowering, and entirely distressing bad feeling about this..." since "this pair of Jedi fools had somehow managed to become entirely dangerous." At the beginning of the book we are shown how powerful they are percieved to be, at least by the Republic at large. Kenobi and Anakin were seen as beacons of hope, they could get what needed to be done, done. But no Kenobi did not outduel him. In a moment of panic he decided to cheat his way out of defeat and caught Kenobi on the jaw after he disabled the droids Dooku called in for help.

Edited by LordQordisz

See, that's what annoys me. No matter what, in the end the good guys always become the best fighters, even though Dooku was regarded as the best duelist in the jedi order and had beaten Windu before.

Sorseu is better known as the stance that basically makes you very very hard to kill but additionally you have a very very hard time actually winning. It is very bad at offense, so it turns into long drawn out fights and whomever gets frustrated first loses.

Makayshi is a very good saber form but it is weak against people that are very skilled using Djem So, which is related to Shien I might add, since finesse has a hard time dealing with plain old brute strength when skillfully applied.

Yoda was very good with Ataru because he was so short, it made Ataru the perfect form for him.

Back to the original question.

I would probably want to know Shien/Djem So, Ataru, and Sorseu, and would probably alternate between them depending on the circumstances. Shien/Djem So actually was developed with some of the principles of Sorseu.

I would not want Juyo much less Vaapad, because I don't like the cost of that stance. Makayshi isn't a stance I would want to train in seriously, because it flies in the face of Ataru (the two work entirely differently).

I would probably know Shii-Cho since it is the youngling stance.

I believe Yoda was supposed to be the best swordsman in the order. Anakin was the son of the Force so there should be no shame in your game losing to him. But he did overpower Dooku, but Dooku beat him before.

Sorseu is better known as the stance that basically makes you very very hard to kill but additionally you have a very very hard time actually winning. It is very bad at offense, so it turns into long drawn out fights and whomever gets frustrated first loses.

Well, good thing Obi-Wan is a Master of Trolling then. Trollesu ftw.

Well, good thing Obi-Wan is a Master of Trolling then. Trollesu ftw.

Which is the mark of a true Soresu Master. The mastery of Trollesu sub-form to augment it.

Obi-Wan's special combat abilities, from the Trollesu skill tree:

Trollface Defense: -50% damage received from Trolled opponents.

OMGtrollpwn: +100% damage dealt for 10 seconds due to successful Trolling attempt.

And his Heroic Moment: One With The Beard. Enhances all Trolling Attempt combat buffs/debuffs and finishes the cooldown on Trollface Defense and OMGtrollpwn.

Edited by Captain_Zone