Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel Scrapper DPS Guide, Rotations and Openers! (UPDATED FOR 1.4)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Scoundrel
Scoundrel Scrapper DPS Guide, Rotations and Openers! (UPDATED FOR 1.4)

Wainamoinen
10.29.2012 , 11:58 AM | #21
Will try to explain what I'm getting at.

You can't get two Flechette Round's on a target.

So a second Flechette Round (FR) applied with Back Blast (BB) immediately after the one from the initial Shoot First (SF) will overwrite it. The initial FR goes away, a fresh one replaces it. You will get 2 ticks of Flechette Round from the SF (initially with SF, then on 1s, BB hits on 1.5s), followed by 6 from the BB.

A total of 8 ticks, and Flechette Round up for 7.5s, or three other attacks (1.5s, 3s, and 4.5s after the first BB) with the target suffering the armour debuff.

If you leave BB until the first FR falls off, you get 12 ticks, 12s of debuff, and can use six other attacks with the armour debuff on the target (1.5s, 3s, 4.5s after SF; then 1.5s, 3s and 4.5s after BB).

Attempted graphical explanation, as it might be clearer than me going on and on in text.

If you go:
SF > SP > DK > BW > BB > (3 more attacks with FR up, 4 more ticks of FR)

You'll get the same number of initial attacks as
SF > BB > DK > SP > BW > (FR gone)

But the FR will be on your target for a further 4.5 seconds (four ticks, three attacks). If you're playing someone good, switch the DK into second spot so they don't get the chance to react early (will lose fewer ticks by going BB next, relatively, under this scenario because you got some time on the first FR for the DK, but potentially miss a free attack while they're stunned at the end)

As said earlier in the thread, I'd agree that sometimes it *does* make sense to follow Shoot First with a Back Blast, but only if you're trying to get maximum burst from your biggest attacks to finish a weakened target. Otherwise you get fewer ticks of FR and the target spends less time under the armour debuff for your other attacks, so you'll do less damage if they survive the BB.

Hope that makes sense, bit tired.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Maxtofunator
12.29.2012 , 07:17 PM | #22
Due to a lot of questions being raised here recently, I am just going to bump this thread up to see if it can get any new recognition

CJAShadow
01.06.2013 , 03:55 AM | #23
I would be interested in seeing what you think of Feighter Flyby in terms of our PVE dps.

I personally use it to open whenever the boss is going to aoe attack everyone quickly (knock you out of stealth) and then close, disppearing act, attack.

Bur i havent really seen it as doing enough damage to be a part of a rotation, just situational.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

oaceen
01.06.2013 , 08:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CJAShadow View Post
I would be interested in seeing what you think of Feighter Flyby in terms of our PVE dps.

I personally use it to open whenever the boss is going to aoe attack everyone quickly (knock you out of stealth) and then close, disppearing act, attack.

Bur i havent really seen it as doing enough damage to be a part of a rotation, just situational.
other than backblast, it still has some of the highest dmg per energy cost and per cast-time of any attack, even on a single target

that said, if there will ever be a point you'll need to AOE down a bunch of mobs (writhing horror, kephess, kragga, etc.), save it for that

Balalakaz
04.12.2013 , 02:34 PM | #25
Explain please how to use Flechette Round in 2.0
Do you need to press it again after the strike of Shoot First and just before using Back Blast?
After the first use this icon goes from the buff indication panel but I want Back Blast be boosted too

Wainamoinen
04.13.2013 , 03:04 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Balalakaz View Post
Explain please how to use Flechette Round in 2.0
Do you need to press it again after the strike of Shoot First and just before using Back Blast?
After the first use this icon goes from the buff indication panel but I want Back Blast be boosted too
It now has no duration, but is consumed upon use. Shoot First and Back Blast use it. So you need to renew it between every Shoot First/Back Blast. But only once (unless you die, when it's cleared like most other buffs).
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)