The real way to fix regular warzones.

gofortheko

4 man premade in vent IS a crutch

A crutch is something used for a disability... you're discribing something that gives an advantage.

because you wouldnt be as effective if you had to type out instructions.

No... and I wouldn't be as effective if I clicked and used my keyboard to turn either... I also wouldn't be as effective if I played with my feet. Are you saying that we should get worse? Instead of trying to excel we should gimp ourselves?

I have two full sets of WH I use, I am no newb, and I certainly dont need a lecture on how to pvp.

Obviously you do... because this MMO is based on team game play and set up. Because you choose to not take advantage of a system that is designed to promote team play and gives you the oppurtunity to create a well balanced team or take advantage of the many tools at hand to improve game play I would say yes... you are a "newb" and you do need a lecture on how to PvP. It's a team based game... and the tools to form a team are all around you. You choose to ignore them. Not our problem.

And yeah I am tired of being facerolled by 4 man premades every WZ, because pubs on my server are just bad.

Then get a pre-made and fight back.

Imps tend to have the better pvpers, and more premade 4 mans

I'm an imperial... on my server the pubs normally have a stronger PvP base. But I win more than I lose... how you ask? By forming a group and rolling in the best composed group possible and preferably on voice chat. So you see... we have the same problem... only I decide to act and do something about it and you decide to complain and do nothing about it.

(I know personally they have two groups que up at the same time to get a 8 man reg wz pop, and it happens a lot more than you think)

We try this here and there when we don't have an optimal group set up for rated... or we only have 5-7, we queue at the same time. We'd be lucky to get into the same match. I'd say 1/10 times. To get on the same team... probably closer to 1/20. If it really happens that often on your server people must really be leaving over and over until they get the same team. In that case... sorry... that sucks... and pretty sad on the other teams part that they wasted that much time.

which leaves me getting facerolled every match. I am butthurt, its annoying to lose 90% of my pugs for something as simple as there are more 4 man premade vent using teams on imp side.

If I was losing that much... I would do something about it.

Say... like form a well balanced group with other good players and get on some kind of voice chat so we have faster communication. If only those tools were avaiable to us. :rolleyes:

I want to go into a WZ and enjoy playing it, not be continually stun locked by people calling out stun cycles in vent.

Yes... nerf team work in team based games and more importantly... nerf operatives.

If you limited groups to Ranked, then you would definitely have more ranked, and those who PUG it wont be as bad off as they are now.

Yes it would... because bad players are still bad. I have yet to see a top tier player on my server complain about pre-mades. WHY? Because this is a team based game and top tier players are wise enough to form a team whenever possible. MMO 101.

And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.

Come to the dark side!!!

Call me a QQ I dont care, but if Bioware and you guys as a community want to interest more players to SWTOR, facerolling newbie f2p players isnt the best start.

You QQ.

I repeat... I'm not saying there isn't a solution to fresh 50's getting rolled and having an unenjoyable experience. *cough* recruit bracket *cough*

But... THIS is not a good solution.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I served our country for four years in the USMC, I dont need anyone trying to tell me how to be a man.

But it's OK for you to tell others how to be a man?

Interesting...

And its not asking for a handout, its asking for more competitive play in the most used type of pvp. Limiting warzones to full PUG status will encourage more people to do Ranked, (least those who think they are pro) of which is so desperately needed. on pot5 its so bad that imps can que up two groups of ranked and just play each other over and over again. Thats stupid, we need more ranked, and not allowing premades of any type in regular warzones will alleviate that issue.

I couldn't agree more... we do need more ranked. However with such a strong casual base who think they're pro I simply don't see this as a solution. What's needed more IMO is better rewards for doing ranked. The heavy casual base needs incentive to get better. This idea caters to them being bad and having a baddie bracket. The population of competitive PvP'ers simply isn't there.

We need to promote people to be better... not allow them to marinate in their own badness with a short bus bracket.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

1. your an idiot for assuming I cant group.

2. seems that way.

3. I have a 50 powertech and a 50 operative, next question.

4. its as you say simple, so why do you need vent?

why the personal attack? Can't you write a thread whining about a video game without making it personal? Many people do it on these forums. The reason I made that comment is that you are making it seem like you are backed into a corner and have no choices. Of course that's nonsense. Step back and look at what you have posted. You are whining (and getting personal) over a video game that lets 4 people play together... and God forbid, talk to each other. I hope you see how ridiculous that is. Or how ridiculous it is to ask why voice chat apps exist for MMOs.

And before you ask I do que as a 4 man also, and we do faceroll WHEN I get my friends up, but right now they are leveling imps and I have no desire to make another 50 just yet so I play on pubs.

3. I have a 50 powertech and a 50 operative, next question.

Troll alert level yellow.

canceling group q is bit drastic but I agree there is some problem on WZ this days.

ppl should Learn to play for the love of god....

I mean... I had a WZ today which most of my pug team was in centurion and champion old school gear with some mix of this and that with less then 600 Expertise..

many players just come back to pvp after un-Subbing and they have crap gear and seems they didn't acquainted themselves on how abilities changed while they were on break.

While I as an humble powertech tank (still 5 more pieces for full bm set then WH main and OH to get) manage with pve tank spec to get 11 medals and top the objective score on my team side this ppl just .. wow.. I mean on huttball they run with the ball to OUR side or running away from the ball. On civil war they do not call for incoming etc...

I think a good way to make a random match is for the system to make a "skill level" based on codex pvp eateries,

examples:

1. you get codex for passing, catching, score and such on huttball

2. you get codex for capturing, defending and such on civil war...

3. etc..

the idea is to base player skill on it's number of "Achievements" in codex pvp so the game can know if that dude knows how that WZ work or he have no idea what to do.

and I think something is needed cause ppl which need L2P ASAP encountering the good challenging teams with great gear which are fun to play against (bit like chess) and gets rofl'stomp.

I think you need to go back to mario if you wanna play b yourself... and btw because you have nobody to play with doesn't mean everybody is in the same boat. I for one have at least 4 people on at all times, and as soon as i can get a 8 man together i go and play ranked, so again, the result of this thread is L2P and go get some friends whether they're online or in real life... the end, and btw the way community you guys need to stop qq'ing about every little thing that you don't agree with. If it is the principle of which MMO's are built, please don't waste the life on your keyboard by trying to refute it, ESPECIALLY since it is something that if removed will make this game sink like a rock and be forgotten in the closet full of lost and dead MMO's.:D

TL;DR Edition Please don't qq about things that will not change... No one wants to hear it

I refuse to play against premades, and quit the moment I see one on the other team. If everyone would do the same, the premades will not get any enjoyment out of farming those less geared pugs, and will maybe log off.

PUGs unite, and don't feed kills to the premades.

I LOL'd...

and then I realized you were serious...

and I cried.

Oh wow... there's a name I haven't seen in a while.

Well herro sir.

I'm still around, just haven't been in the forums for reasons I'm sure need little to no explaining to you lol. I just had to come in and comment here. You still streaming any? Haven't seen you up and running in a bit. Hope all is well!

I LOL'd...

and then I realized you were serious...

and I cried.

I sure have more fun in WZs with no premades, and it's worth it to me to not have to deal them at all. It's amazing how often I leave a WZ with premades, immediately get into another without any, and usually win. Which gains me twice the comms I would have gotten otherwise.

I'm still around, just haven't been in the forums for reasons I'm sure need little to no explaining to you lol. I just had to come in and comment here. You still streaming any? Haven't seen you up and running in a bit. Hope all is well!

All is very well... and hope all is good with you too brother.

I really haven't been streaming much and no idea why. Damn near finished being min/max'd on marauder and my PT is geared enough to be entertaining. Just kinda slacking on it...

I sure have more fun in WZs with no premades, and it's worth it to me to not have to deal them at all. It's amazing how often I leave a WZ with premades, immediately get into another without any, and usually win. Which gains me twice the comms I would have gotten otherwise.

Just curious.... do you also leave when the pre-mades are on YOUR team?

Just a heads up... if you say "yes"... I'm not going to believe you. :D

Seems like a drastic thing to avoid teams in a team based game. Wouldn't a simple solution be just to create your own?

I have a hard time believing that players who enjoy pugging with the horrible and uncontrolled team composition and no improved communication through voice chat are good players.

When I read these threads and comments all I see is a thread full of "I want to be against more bad players"... and even if you're above average... then you just want to roll bad players. I'm all about increasing my chances to win. Only I do it by grouping with other good players and communicating.

I really don't see why that's a 'problem' that needs to be changed.

And sorry to all for the generalization of being bad... but really... from what I see from 90% of the pugs, it's hard not to assume that anyone who supports a pug queue is really low tier. Same thing with the 10-49 band wagoners.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Seems like a drastic thing to avoid teams in a team based game. Wouldn't a simple solution be just to create your own?

I have a hard time believing that players who enjoy pugging with the horrible and uncontrolled team composition and no improved communication through voice chat are good players.

When I read these threads and comments all I see is a thread full of "I want to be against more bad players"... and even if you're above average... then you just want to roll bad players. I'm all about increasing my chances to win. Only I do it by grouping with other good players and communicating.

And sorry to all for the generalization of being bad... but really... from what I see from 90% of the pugs, it's hard not to assume that anyone who supports a pug queue is really low tier. Same thing with the 10-49 band wagoners.

It's a rare thing to get into a WZ with a 4-man premade on republic side, especially a geared one. On Imp side, it depends on the premade with whom I am grouped. If it's one of the two mouthy guilds, then I do leave them as well. I often see other guilds grouped in there, but I find it hard to believe they're on vent, and they're certainly not geared.

Call me whatever you want, I know when all is said and done I am in the top 3 of damage or healing in every warzone I am in. Sometimes its so bad in damage that I got like 100k more than the next person on my team. I am sick of being the only decent player or decently geared player on a team, gets boring and old when I am always the target for Focus Fire when imps realize who I am. The only time I "suck" is when I am playing my horribly geared shadow, of which I rarely do.

Honestly all those opposed to my idea are just too comfortable winning every match because they go against full pug pub teams. There is a noticable difference in play when you got a 4 man premade (Rainbow horses or something, I WAS LEGEND, OLD REPUBLIC, and a few other imp guilds who I manage to always get stuck fighting every warzone.)

There is no reason to oppose making regular WZs single que only, except by those who want to maintain their aura of superiority. Honestly if you are that pro, get 8 people together hit ranked and show us how awesome you are, instead of beating up on non vent having PUGs.

It's a rare thing to get into a WZ with a 4-man premade on republic side, especially a geared one. On Imp side, it depends on the premade with whom I am grouped. If it's one of the two mouthy guilds, then I do leave them as well. I often see other guilds grouped in there, but I find it hard to believe they're on vent, and they're certainly not geared.

Not sure if youre from POT5 but this is the case most of the time I que, its just a bunch of random qued people, most dont know anything about calling out.

Alright OP, even though there is an 80 some page topic about this already:

Please list, in a nice, clean order, everything that makes Premades OP against PuGs. Like this:

1. They has super powers.

2. They have matching uniforms...

3. etc...

After you do that, I will respond to each point provided. Remember, nice clean list so we may not get confused a giant block of text.

Secondly, please explain in a list of points how a split queue would help PuG's and Premades alike.

1. PuG's will get chocolate sprinkles.

2. Premades won't have to deal with sparkle ponies.

Finally, please respond to the below list on how either split queue's will not cause the issue provided, or how the issue provided is acceptable.

My list:

1. How will split queue's fill or backfill the group queue?

2. How will split queue's stop one faction from having more geared players?

3. How will split queue's be balanced, as premade vs. premade is a tougher fight than PuG vs. PuG?

4. What will happen if there are 15 PuG's in queue and 15 premades? Will anyone get a match? (assume 16 is needed to start.)

5. How will split queue's help PuG's have more balanced class composition?

Thank you, look forward to the reply.

Alright OP, even though there is an 80 some page topic about this already:

Please list, in a nice, clean order, everything that makes Premades OP against PuGs. Like this:

1. They has super powers.

2. They have matching uniforms...

3. etc...

After you do that, I will respond to each point provided. Remember, nice clean list so we may not get confused a giant block of text.

Secondly, please explain in a list of points how a split queue would help PuG's and Premades alike.

1. PuG's will get chocolate sprinkles.

2. Premades won't have to deal with sparkle ponies.

Finally, please respond to the below list on how either split queue's will not cause the issue provided, or how the issue provided is acceptable.

My list:

1. How will split queue's fill or backfill the group queue?

2. How will split queue's stop one faction from having more geared players?

3. How will split queue's be balanced, as premade vs. premade is a tougher fight than PuG vs. PuG?

4. What will happen if there are 15 PuG's in queue and 15 premades? Will anyone get a match? (assume 16 is needed to start.)

5. How will split queue's help PuG's have more balanced class composition?

Thank you, look forward to the reply.

I am not making a list for you, I have already stated my reasoning for it, and how it will help everyone involved that is not a premade. If youre too lazy to bother to read my threads, then I certainly wont waste time summerizing it for you.

Just stop...

stop playing MMO's.

stop asking for something that goes against exactly what an MMO is.

Stop... you sound foolish.

Just... stop

Stop posting

Stop pretending you know anything

Stop asking people to stop asking to improve quality of game play.

Stop... you sound foolish.

Disallow groups, no duos, no trios, and no four man groups. But....but I wanna gwoup wit my fwiends! So what, go ranked then. Get 8 people and go ranked, leave regular WZs as PUG only.

I was just is a warzone against a premade with 2 maras and 2 juggs. We got smashed literaly because the were all rage spec.6.5 k crits were everywhere (speaking of which read NERF in the warrior and knight forums). I can see how premades in regular are annoying. There should at least be a sole only wz que.

also i didn't read the whole thing so if this was mentioned already....sorry i guess?

Edited by Sir_Galapagos

I was just is a warzone against a premade with 2 maras and 2 juggs. We got smashed literaly because the were all rage spec.6.5 k crits were everywhere (speaking of which read NERF in the warrior and knight forums). I can see how premades in regular are annoying. There should at least be a sole only wz que.

also i didn't read the whole thing so if this was mentioned already....sorry i guess?

This is what im talking about, having 4 knights/warriors focus firing and alternating their CCs makes it hell for the PUG team they are going against. If you had 4 separate knights warriors running around donig their own thing outside of vent it wouldnt be as bad. Premades in vent ruin pvp.