Why does Ravage hate Thanaton?

DarthRamette

Sith who sit on the Dark Council distrust and / or hate each other with a passion. From my perspective, he disliked Thanaton either because of his origins or because of a feud between them both, similar to the one featured between Darth Vowrawn and Darth Baras, featured in the SW storyline.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, it was all an act and he agreed with Darth Marr, that he was actually a better Sith than most would give credit for. You can never know but it's one of the fine details I truly love in that moment... ;)

I always viewed him as just being some one with an irritable temperament. I thought he found Thanaton's philosophy as a type of crutch to increase his power base among the Council and ravage despised it as stupid and cowardly.

He openly admits he thinks the Kaggath (and all "traditions" in general) were ridiculous formalities.

"Murder has no rules."

Thanaton tried justifying and shielding himself behind these cultural (and not law-binding) Sith ideas and traditions that really, from a Sith perspective, are more detrimental to their Order and its philosophy. Ravage sums it up best with the above quote. Why would a Sith purposefully let himself be restricted by some non-existent rule that just hinders your ability to kill the opponent. It makes sense.

So I think it is more he thought Thanaton hid behind traditions instead of backing his powerbase with raw power and wit, hence why he considered him weak.

On a similar note: I always thought Ravage was weak as well as far as Council members go.

Ravage hates Thanaton because he didn't earn his title. His price for informing the Council about one of the Emperor's plans was the title Darth.

Thanaton's an interesting character, too, because he's a bit of a hypocrite. The entire reason for pursuing the death of the Inquisitor is because of Zash's power plays. Because of her actions, her entire line must be cleansed. Teneb Kel's master made a power play and failed, and Teneb Kel was supposed to be killed as well. His success with the Exal Kressh mission, though, changed that, as outlined in the Blood of the Empire comic.

I have to think that Thanaton's pretty much an insufferable fool to Ravage. Vowrawn and Marr didn't particularly care for him, either.

Edited by JacenHallis