A Ceasefire?

Branosaros

People seem to be focusing on the fact that we're uniting against Revan, rather than the fact we're uniting against Revan. Considering that Marr, while not as selfish as other Sith Lords, still has no reason to like the Republic (He is still warlike, and his vision for the Empire is one of Passion and Loyalty, one of those being what the Jedi tend to avoid, though he makes it sound AWESOME), and Satele Shan would probably go for peace, but Chancellor would not, considering her hard-line tactics against the Sith, "We're coming for you" and all that nonsence." Does the player actually have to help broker a peace treaty? It would be pretty cool to try side with your friend in a high place (Satele and Marr) while still trying to focus on fighting the Revanites.

Also, it will be interesting to see Darth Marr's opinion of Satele.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i don't know where you get the idea the there will be a cease fire i imagine it will be more like wow wrath of the lich king. where both sides recognize that there's a greater threat deserving most of their attention but they still take pot shots at each other when they feel they can get away with it.

personally i don't know where you get the idea the there will be a cease fire i imagine it will be more like wow wrath of the lich king. where both sides recognize that there's a greater threat deserving most of their attention but they still take pot shots at each other when they feel they can get away with it.

^^ This.

The Rakata Prime flashpoint shows as much.

Empire side, instead of destroying the conversion center, Lana asks the player character to face the Infinite Army conscripts being converted, so the Empire can get a hold of that technology.

Republic side, Theron asks the player character to destroy that conversion center -- and the Infinite Army conscripts along with it -- so Imperials can't get a hold of its technology.

In the process, depending on the faction you're playing with, Lana or Theron deceive the other, only for the one who was deceived return and realize what the deceiver tried to do, successfully or not.

EDIT:

^^ I do hope the above makes sense. Sometimes my English sounds awful to me. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

In other words, like every ceasefire ever.

What you're thinking of is an armistice.

Speak for yourself, I've totally be a Revanite if they give me the option.

- Arcada

Speak for yourself, I've totally be a Revanite if they give me the option.

I wonder if they'll actually try to provide a compelling story reason for why our characters can't/REALLY shouldn't do that, 'cause I can imagine a lot of players would want to do this (reminds me of a similar thing happening with people wanting to join the faction belonging to the "common enemy" in City of Heroes, too).

I wonder if they'll actually try to provide a compelling story reason for why our characters can't/REALLY shouldn't do that, 'cause I can imagine a lot of players would want to do this (reminds me of a similar thing happening with people wanting to join the faction belonging to the "common enemy" in City of Heroes, too).

They already did that at the end of Rakata Prime, Empire side.

Not sure if all classes get to say that but some -- BH for example -- ask if they can join the Revanites. Arkous says something like:

So you basically brought ruin to all our plans, from Manaan to here, and you did all that... to join us?

Hard to say he's wrong. :o

I may try to find a video of it.

EDIT:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Personally, I just want to see my sorc and shadow get drinks and start nerding over archaeology while Ashara and Felix glare at each other.

My sorc is less a conqueror and more a mad scientist. He fights Jedi because they keep dangerous artifacts from him, not because he has anything against them. Heck, in his ideal world he'd stay in his sanctum on Korriban 24/7 and just research the Dark Side. Sure some of his experiments result in death and madness, but think of the knowledge!

Yes they will probably take pot shots at each other but Marr and Satele doesn't support those. The storyline probably ends with Marr and Satele dying and they will be replaced with people that want to destroy each other, mainly I think Suresh will take bigger anti-empire stance and blames empire for breaking the ceasefire and the Emperor will take the lead again with Marr gone.

Yes they will probably take pot shots at each other but Marr and Satele doesn't support those. The storyline probably ends with Marr and Satele dying and they will be replaced with people that want to destroy each other, mainly I think Suresh will take bigger anti-empire stance and blames empire for breaking the ceasefire and the Emperor will take the lead again with Marr gone.

Won't happen.

Also, it's Saresh.

Major problem: Marr is not pro-peace. He still wants to conquer the galaxy, and he still wants the Empire to be victorious. He's just smart enough to see that going to war with both Revan and the Republic is a bloody stupid idea.

Major problem: Marr is not pro-peace. He still wants to conquer the galaxy, and he still wants the Empire to be victorious. He's just smart enough to see that going to war with both Revan and the Republic is a bloody stupid idea.

Sometimes I feel bad for the writers. Almost looks like as if people don't pay attention at all or couldn't care less for what is going on, their preconceived ideas ranking higher whatever the game says.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Sometimes I feel bad for the writers. Almost looks like as if people don't pay attention at all or couldn't care less for what is going on, their preconceived ideas ranking higher whatever the game says.

Hmm. Personally, I'm glad Darth Marr is pro-war. I think we, like Macbeth, have waded to far into a river of blood and it's better to go on than to stop now. Besides, while with the old Chancellor, it was conceivable, but I doubt Saresh will give up her advantage. I think she'd continue the push and finish the job the Republic started at the end of the Great Hyperspace War. Satele may push for peace, but her political power isn't going to amount to anything against Saresh.

I think this will end with one side being defeated, and then being absorbed into the other, changing the victor culturally and politically.

Won't happen.

Also, it's Saresh.

Yes it will happen. And don't care, Suresh.

Doesn't matter he is still in a way of Emperor so has to die for the story.

Did I say he is?

The Republic won't agree to peace, ignoring the supreme chancellor for a minute, the Republic isn't STUPID, the last time the Empire asked to begin peace negotiations a Imperial fleet showed up in system and sacked Courscant. thus I suspect the Republic won't accept a peace negotiation unless they're dictating terms on Drummond Kaas. they've been burned once already.

The Republic won't agree to peace, ignoring the supreme chancellor for a minute, the Republic isn't STUPID, the last time the Empire asked to begin peace negotiations a Imperial fleet showed up in system and sacked Courscant. thus I suspect the Republic won't accept a peace negotiation unless they're dictating terms on Drummond Kaas. they've been burned once already.

Dromund.

If the emperor comes back and people side which him I'm going grab my stop being stupid sign an beat them with it.

People who want to side with the e,poor are like people who poisoned the water in fallout 3 and got mad when drinking it killed them. Anyone why sides with emperor kill em all over mar is a threat tho the galaxy with there idiocy and should be fired. And by fired I mean from a cannon into the sun.

Yes it will happen. And don't care, Suresh.

Doesn't matter he is still in a way of Emperor so has to die for the story.

I think that when the Ceasefire is agreed to one of the Jedi will let slip that he didn't want to conquer but destroy the Galaxy. The Imperials will probably be stunned, but in the end Darth Marr did say they were going to redesign the Empire so it's focus was the ideals of Passion, Unity and Strength, rather than just We, Serve and The Emperor.

The Empire is pro-conquest, not pro-destruction. Mainly because A) That would mean that everyone including them dies and B) Because that means all their conquests are for nothing. They want to RULE.

Also, a Ceasefire is not Peace. A Ceasefire is an agreement to discontinue the war until a time when both sides are certain that they are ready to do so. The Treaty of Coruscant was a Peace Treaty, not a Ceasefire.

Another factor is the Imperial People: For years they've served an invisible master, dying for a faceless overlord. Now, when he's declared dead, they will look for someone to put faith in, Darth Marr. Darth Marr is a public figure. Hell, he's considered a Hero to the Empire. He is also going to be leading from the front by what they show on the trailer, which will grant him more kudos. There's a reason Roman Generals were so loved by their men: They lead from the front and actually got involved in the fighting. They'll have a taste of what it's like to be lead by admiration, not just blind faith. They might even crown him Emperor in view of the Emperor's death. I think that the Emperor wants to step right back into the Power Vacuum he left, but Darth Marr has already filled it, and him dying would just mean a man of similar ideal would fill it. The Empire is changing, evolving if you will.

Also, all reforms are going to be called the Marrian reforms... because as a classicist it makes me giggle.

I think this will end with one side being defeated, and then being absorbed into the other, changing the victor culturally and politically.
What I'm puzzled over is how they'd fit any kind of ending into the scope of the game, I don't think I need to explain why one side losing would simply not work within the scope of its mechanics. The only option I see is them concluding it with a novel series (which begs the question, will it be canon?) or a KOTOR 3/SWTOR 2 of some kind.

I think that when the Ceasefire is agreed to one of the Jedi will let slip that he didn't want to conquer but destroy the Galaxy. The Imperials will probably be stunned, but in the end Darth Marr did say they were going to redesign the Empire so it's focus was the ideals of Passion, Unity and Strength, rather than just We, Serve and The Emperor.

The Empire is pro-conquest, not pro-destruction. Mainly because A) That would mean that everyone including them dies and B) Because that means all their conquests are for nothing. They want to RULE.

Also, a Ceasefire is not Peace. A Ceasefire is an agreement to discontinue the war until a time when both sides are certain that they are ready to do so. The Treaty of Coruscant was a Peace Treaty, not a Ceasefire.

Another factor is the Imperial People: For years they've served an invisible master, dying for a faceless overlord. Now, when he's declared dead, they will look for someone to put faith in, Darth Marr. Darth Marr is a public figure. Hell, he's considered a Hero to the Empire. He is also going to be leading from the front by what they show on the trailer, which will grant him more kudos. There's a reason Roman Generals were so loved by their men: They lead from the front and actually got involved in the fighting. They'll have a taste of what it's like to be lead by admiration, not just blind faith. They might even crown him Emperor in view of the Emperor's death. I think that the Emperor wants to step right back into the Power Vacuum he left, but Darth Marr has already filled it, and him dying would just mean a man of similar ideal would fill it. The Empire is changing, evolving if you will.

Also, all reforms are going to be called the Marrian reforms... because as a classicist it makes me giggle.

But siths can't work together they don't work like that, that's why they lose all the time, they backstab each other for their personal gain. Not every lord and darth likes the Marr way of unity because then they can't kill each other to gain more personal power. That's why ton of lords and darths would accept Emperor back in so they can start killing each other again. What comes to civilian population they don't get say in the matter. You can compare Marr to Kaan, both do some things right, strengthening the sith but at the same time making them weak. And what comes to Jedi telling anything, they aren't going believe the enemy.

Yes I know what Ceasefire means.

And that's why Marr has to die, he stands in the way of emperor so emperor can lead the empire again, and Marr is players favorite, Satele is also a popular character but not as popular as Marr, at the moment the stories in this game lack any kind of drama and the game needs more personal feeling and killing some of the favorite characters would actually make the players want to take care of the bad guys. So far all the main villains (outside some class story ones) have been very unpersonal and when you finally defeat them there is no satisfaction from it (maybe on NiM after wiping on council for hours.) Hopefully in 4.0 we get back to the main course which is Republic vs Empire rather than these side attractions.

Edited by Varium