Farming 300 - 400k an hour

AnAnonymousGuy

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I honestly had no idea where else to put it. Secondly, an acknowledgement and thanks to Gouken on The Bastion for showing me and the rest of his stream this method of credit farming. Great guy and great streamer.

For this, you'll need to go to the Gehn's Overlook Skyhopper taxi point on Voss and from the mission terminal pick up [HEROIC 4] Cleanse the Corrupted. Once you get inside the cave, pull the first two mobs and the elite, Vara-Sol. AoE them down, loot, leave the instance, reset the quest and repeat.

In total, the 2 mobs and Vara-Sol drop between 8,000 - 10,000 credits, a couple of greens and a blue or purple (dropped from Vara-Sol). The loot varies but this is usually the minimum drops. This mission can only be reset once every two minutes and it's very easy to kill everything within those two minutes.

Gouken estimated that you could make between 300,000 - 400,000 credits an hour doing this. From testing this method personally, I would absolutely agree.

A few things:

• AoE is essential to make this economical. I'd say that if you can't kill them within four minutes, then you'll probably make more credits per hour just doing dailies.

• I have no idea what the minimum gear requirement would be to solo this and I haven't tried this on my main but I had no problems doing it with my PVP-geared Rage Juggernaut with a poorly geared Malavai healing. For 55's, the mobs don't hit too hard.

• Vara-Sol has only one mechanic of note. He'll immediately attempt to Force Lift you. Whether you interrupt this or not is at your discretion but he will keep trying to do it and can't be stunned or knocked back, so I prefer to get it out of the way at the start. More often than not, one of the other mobs will break it anyway. It seems to have a long cooldown so if you encounter it again, you're probably taking too long.

I think that's it. I'm sure many people know about this already but I wanted to write something up in-case people didn't. With Strongholds and Guildships on the way, everyone can do with as many options for making credits as possible.

Edited by AnAnonymousGuy

8,000 - 10,000 per repetition ~ if it can only be reset once ever 2 minutes doesn't add up to 300k - 400k per hour

Not saying it's not a good method, but you can only reset 30 times per hour (only every 2 minutes)

That works out to between 240,000 & 300,000. ~ pretty similar to what you can make cherry picking the fastest dailies. Unless the gear drops are really pushing up the total, I don't see how this could really be worth the mind numbing repetition.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

really nice, the amount of blue/green/orange drops is quite entertaining,i did it for a while and close to dailies reset, i've completed the quest for 2 blue reputation items, sent the best drops to alts and sold the rest for 130k in about 20 minutes, and as i said i didn't sell the best items..

in the end, i'm not sure if it pays, considering that you are on voss where nothing really happens..

Edited by JouerTue

8,000 - 10,000 per repetition ~ if it can only be reset once ever 2 minutes doesn't add up to 300k - 400k per hour

Not saying it's not a good method, but you can only reset 30 times per hour (only every 2 minutes)

That works out to between 240,000 & 300,000. ~ pretty similar to what you can make cherry picking the fastest dailies. Unless the gear drops are really pushing up the total, I don't see how this could really be worth the mind numbing repetition.

I believe that this amount is including all the drops that come from the mobs.

I believe that this amount is including all the drops that come from the mobs.

This is correct. Even vendoring all the drops will get you into the 300 - 400k region. If you put them on the GTN, it could be higher, depending on prices on your server.

Nice. Perfect for making some credits if you're waiting for pvp invite.

Do you know if there is a same quest for reps?

Unfortunately the republic H4 in the Nigthmare Lands isn`t in the Vile Grotto. ;)

Unfortunately I believe this is only doable for Imperial side.

Edited by AnAnonymousGuy

Did this today in between ranked pops.

Got a nice chunk of change out of it, if you were just doing it though and no intervening activity you'd hit the daily reset cap within two hours or so I'd imagine. I managed it :')

Edited by CaptainApop

(edited original text out)

[*]I have no idea what the minimum gear requirement would be to solo this and I haven't tried this on my main but I had no problems doing it with my PVP-geared Rage Juggernaut with a poorly geared Malavai healing. For 55's, the mobs don't hit too hard.

[*]Vara-Sol has only one mechanic of note. He'll immediately attempt to Force Lift you. Whether you interrupt this or not is at your discretion but he will keep trying to do it and can't be stunned or knocked back, so I prefer to get it out of the way at the start. More often than not, one of the other mobs will break it anyway. It seems to have a long cooldown so if you encounter it again, you're probably taking too long.

I think that's it. I'm sure many people know about this already but I wanted to write something up in-case people didn't. With Strongholds and Guildships on the way, everyone can do with as many options for making credits as possible.

I farmed the Voss Heroics for rep in 156 gear. I don't know how low you can go, but at 55 they barely touch you.

Edited by JacksonMo

...This mission can only be reset once every two minutes and it's very easy to kill everything within those two minutes....

When I try to reset it, I get a window that says "Your instance has been reset too recently.".

Going on well over 5 minutes now.

Going on well over 10 minutes now.

Gave up after 30 minutes...

Edited by Bristol

When I try to reset it, I get a window that says "Your instance has been reset too recently.".

Going on well over 5 minutes now.

Going on well over 10 minutes now.

Gave up after 30 minutes...

You need to reset quest, not instance.

You need to reset quest, not instance.

^ This. Reset the quest in your quest log. I edited my original post to make this clearer.

Just an update on this spot. There is a limit on the amount of times you can reset it in a day. This limit probably exists with every quest in the game, although I don't know for sure. I also have no idea how many times you have to reset it before hitting the limit as I wasn't counting when I hit it, but unless you're farming this for more than three hours, I doubt it'll be an issue.

Edited by AnAnonymousGuy

Just an update on this spot. There is a limit on the amount of times you can reset it in a day. This limit probably exists with every quest in the game, although I don't know for sure. I also have no idea how many times you have to reset it before hitting the limit as I wasn't counting when I hit it, but unless you're farming this for more than three hours, I doubt it'll be an issue.

Worth mentioning if you hit this cap you will be unable to reset ANY quest or abandon any quests until the following day.

• 2 months later...
Oricon Dailies take about 30 minutes and net 150-200k+ credits every time a little more if you include the weekly AND they give you tons of Basic and Elite Comms. You need decent gear though. I run through the dailies in 158 augmented pvp gear on me and my companion.

Oricon Dailies take about 30 minutes and net 150-200k+ credits every time a little more if you include the weekly AND they give you tons of Basic and Elite Comms. You need decent gear though. I run through the dailies in 158 augmented pvp gear on me and my companion.

You only get just over 120k from doing a full clear of the Oricon dailies, including bonus quests, the weekly and vendoring loot drops.

You only get just over 120k from doing a full clear of the Oricon dailies, including bonus quests, the weekly and vendoring loot drops.

That and go in with a character that has bioanalysis and you'll be raking in the credits with this farm spot. Did 20 runs and the mats from the mobs go for anything from 500 to 1.1k a piece. Ended up selling every purple/orange drop and bio mats.

Rough guesstimate of credit income of my run;

• Raw credit drops: 20 * 7750 = 155k (drops anywhere from 7 to 8.5k credits)
  • Mat sales (GTN): ~40k
  • Purple/orange drop sale (GTN): ~65k
  • Blue vendor trash*: ~15k
  • Green vendor trash**: ~40k
  • Gray vendor trash***: ~12k

*Note on blue vendor trash: Averaged out on roughly 1 blue gear drop every 4 runs, roughly 3k per item.

**Note on green vendor trash: average of 1k per green at 2 greens per run

*** Note on gray trash items: DON'T leave them on the corpses. They are worth 300 credits a piece. 20 runs with an average of 2 dropping each run is 20*600 = 12k extra creds. And considering only a select few drop, they take up very little bag space.

It netted me 327+k credits in about an hour. The thread's title is spot on. If you're lucky with orange/purple drops, you can get up to the 400k easily. Oh, and I'm SWIMMING in Light Datacrons (Endurance). They seem to drop 1-2 at a time each frikkin run... xD They sell on the GTN at 4-5k a piece on my server, but I didn't feel like it's worth flooding the market with it. My entrance to the Nar Shaddaa stronghold is now a garden of datacrons. :D

Edited by Defecter