Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars - Space Opera

GratuaCuun
11.19.2012 , 11:45 PM | #1
I know, this isn't STRICTLY fan art... since all I did was sync vids to music (non of it being my own other than the custom remix I did for the music) but I thought I'd share my latest contribution to TOR fan-hood that I've posted up on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYUY6UHxEk

Based on the fact that I didn't use quotes (just music) and the music itself comes from a well-known sci-fi show (Battlestar Galactica) which was called a 'soap opera in space', I decided to title this piece of 'art' 'Space Opera'

enjoy ^_^
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

enigmayshi
11.25.2012 , 04:00 AM | #2
Video Splicing can easily be an Art in itself in my opinion.

While some of the transitions became alittle jarring and sudden, overall I do really love the feel of the music to the scenes. As they don't simply match the beat to scene transitions there is also a match up of rhythm to the action in the scenes. Such as the Trooper pressing the Arming button on the grenade.

Definitely a great job overall on the video imo, even if all it is is splicing footage together to sound it still takes a certain feel for Rhythm and eye for scene selection.

GratuaCuun
12.06.2012 , 02:33 AM | #3
Thanks for the kind words - after how long this movie takes, I REALLY hate it :P which was how I knew it was time to post it

anymore work on it, and I'd have to throw my tower out the window lol
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988