Okay, I'll be politically correct this time.

Stina

My apologies, some people seem to be very sensitive - all things considered, I understand. I mean, society has become so soft and paranoid... worse than Howard Hughes... but I digress. Just know, I am not trolling, just because someone brings up a topic you don't agree with or can't answer doesn't mean (s)he is a troll. You crying troll and resorting to ad hominem or other nonsense does nothing but prove your intellectual bankruptcy while making me chuckle.

With that said, I ask again: How is it that people who play a game where you'll soon be able to "romance" companions can with a straight face look to WoW and laugh at Pandas as if that's any more corny? Is that some sort of projection because deep down you know this game is just as lame? "Yeah dude, go back to your Pandas. I need some alone time with Mako. I just, like, totally leveled up my affection points with her." Hehe, yeah... think about that for a minute. Why don't you guys just chill?!

Why do so many in the MMO genre treat their chosen game as if it's some sort of religion? "[insert title here] is a Jealous game, and you shall have no other game before you." That's how some of you come off, it's silly. I mean they way some of you cling to this media is mind boggling. This is a game, not a wife - you can see other people.

I hope Kurzweil is wrong and the singularity is NOT near. Judging by how some of you treat this stuff, you are totally not ready for that. Actually maybe you will be, all things considered....

MODS: If I have offended someone's delicate little ego, the so be it. If the above qualifies me as a troll then I stand guilty. I am just very curious as to the mindset of someone who calls another game lame while playing one where you enter into a romantic relationship with your companion. I am really curious to see what people have to say about this.

I am not trolling, just because someone brings up a topic you don't agree with or can't answer doesn't mean (s)he is a troll.

You must be new here. If you criticize SW:TOR in any way, shape or form, you are automatically, by extension, a troll.

My apologies, some people seem to be very sensitive - all things considered, I understand. I mean, society has become so soft and paranoid... worse than Howard Hughes... but I digress. Just know, I am not trolling, just because someone brings up a topic you don't agree with or can't answer doesn't mean (s)he is a troll. You crying troll and resorting to ad hominem or other nonsense does nothing but prove your intellectual bankruptcy while making me chuckle.

With that said, I ask again: How is it that people who play a game where you'll soon be able to "romance" companions can with a straight face look to WoW and laugh at Pandas as if that's any more corny? Is that some sort of projection because deep down you know this game is just as lame? "Yeah dude, go back to your Pandas. I need some alone time with Mako. I just, like, totally leveled up my affection points with her." Hehe, yeah... think about that for a minute. Why don't you guys just chill?!

Why do so many in the MMO genre treat their chosen game as if it's some sort of religion? "[insert title here] is a Jealous game, and you shall have no other game before you." That's how some of you come off, it's silly. I mean they way some of you cling to this media is mind boggling. This is a game, not a wife - you can see other people.

I hope Kurzweil is wrong and the singularity is NOT near. Judging by how some of you treat this stuff, you are totally not ready for that. Actually maybe you will be, all things considered....

MODS: If I have offended someone's delicate little ego, the so be it. If the above qualifies me as a troll then I stand guilty. I am just very curious as to the mindset of someone who calls another game lame while playing one where you enter into a romantic relationship with your companion. I am really curious to see what people have to say about this.

I just like the people who talk about Pandas ruining WoW but they forgot the walking fishmen, the walrus people, the biped talking cows, the gnomes, werewolves, and waggling blue space goats!

People need self assurance that whatever they like is the best thing available. Whether it's a movie or a car, if they like it a lot they get very angry when someone criticizes it, regardless the critics are legit or not.

They will defend the object of their affection with great zeal and call everyone else not agreeing with them trolls or ignorants.

If their object does indeed have blatant flaws, they will just say it will be fixed or even with these flaws, it's still better than <insert other similar object>.

It's the human condition.

Edited by Chomag

You must be new here. If you criticize SW:TOR in any way, shape or form, you are automatically, by extension, a troll.

You're wrong. When someone is called a troll, it is usually for a very good reason. There have been plenty of threads criticising poor development choices, poor customer service or juist flat out terrible GM's.

These threads stayed with the full consent of the forum staff, simply because they werent abusive, and were very well presented with well thought out points and comments.

Why do so many in the MMO genre treat their chosen game as if it's some sort of religion?

It's just human nature. They feel the need to defend the game they play, otherwise they fear they might lose interest in it somehow (voodoo or whatever).

Personally, I think the whole panda thing is just silly. It's not childish or anything; just silly. They are clearly catering to a certain group of people (anime/JRPGers), and there is nothing wrong with that at all; but you can't do something like that and not expect backlash in some form.

Personally, I think the whole panda thing is just silly. It's not childish or anything; just silly. They are clearly catering to a certain group of people (anime/JRPGers), and there is nothing wrong with that at all; but you can't do something like that and not expect backlash in some form.

You do realize you are posting with an avatar of a red female creature with legs growing out of her head, right?

Hidden insults aside, if you want to appear intellectual, then at least spell check your post next time.

Nice try though.

It's just human nature. They feel the need to defend the game they play, otherwise they fear they might lose interest in it somehow (voodoo or whatever).

You bring up an interesting point. If WoW is catering to the group you mentioned via Pandas and Monks, who is this game catering to with respect to romancing companions?

Romances aren't as lame as fighting kung fu pandas imo as long as you don't take it seriously like some forever alone guy. I think it's lame you take a 'game rivalry' seriously enough to make a thread! As you clearly come down on one side of the fence anyway! ;).

You won't get any replies that aren't trolling, and if you do like mine you won't take it sincerely imo.

Edited by Boundd

You bring up an interesting point. If WoW is catering to the group you mentioned via Pandas and Monks, who is this game catering to with respect to romancing companions?

I honestly don't know. But what I do know, is that Mass Effect has been VERY popular because of it.

Because romancing one's companion is an integral part of BioWare games. It's only new to the MMO world, not new to anything BioWare. People really should just shut up about WoW owns SWTOR or SWTOR is a WoW killer blah blah. Let them simply co-exist and if you like both play both or not. It's quite simple. I pay for both as well as EQII.

Also when obvious troll is obvious they are going to get called out on it just like the ones lying about bans, the ones trying to make #s look bad by leaving out key information etc...

Edited by Asuka

Hidden insults aside, if you want to appear intellectual, then at least spell check your post next time.

Nice try though.

And the very 1st troll appears. Notice how he doesn't contribute with anything to the discussion, and just flames for no reason.

Also, it seems a lot of trolls, genuine trolls who only post to inflame, are missing an avatar picture, as if the person doesn't care at all about his forum account and what kind of person would not care about his image ? A person who has a forum account only to grief and troll and nothing more.

Not at all, some posters do call out people as trolls with just fair criticism incorrectly.. But there are also a lot of trolls. So you can see why people make that mistake.

So basically.

WHY YOU MAKE FUN OF WOW WHEN ITS JUST AS KIDDY AS YOUR SPACE GAME

Followed immediately by.

WHY PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO DEFEND THEIR FAVORITE GAME BY PUTTING DOWN EVERYTHING ELSE

I see what you did there.