Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tummiswtor
05.15.2017 , 12:36 PM | #1821
Quote: Originally Posted by lightningseven View Post
I, MYSELF, DO NOT WANT "chat bubbles" because to ME, that BREAKS IMMERSION!!!!

What i CAN be "okay with" are things that the game ALREADY HAS, like when you type "/thanks" into the chat window, an AUDIO CLIP plays where the character actually DOES say (pre-generated, preset, pre-recorded) words.

AN IN-GAME VOICE CHAT would be FAR BETTER than "chat bubbles" and especially if you could LOCALIZE it and OPT-IN instead of "Opting out" (which means it would be OFF by default and that nobody would be FORCED into having to hear any of it, in case they themselves feel or believe that any of these things also break THEIR immersion experience too).

FOR ME, chat bubbles break immersion and I DO NOT WANT them!

But, like i said, LOCALIZED, OPT-IN ONLY VOICE would be a FAR BETTER solution.

And I am sure BW will NEVER implement this, because they're all CHEAP!!!!
So, then, my reply to those who love ROLEPLAY is to just GET A DANG VOICE CHAT app and then you can RP in voice instead of asking for (stupid, sorry) "chat bubbles", etc.... which MANY people DO NOT want!

I DO NOT WANT TO SEE CHAT BUBBLES EVERYWHERE!!!!
IT IS BAD ENOUGH we have NAMEPLATES (and yes i know they are not "forced" on us either - we can turn those off!! so we better be allowed to turn OFF chat bubbles if they are ever forced upon us).

--- /end_rant
I don't see any problem...
- Add option to disable bubbles, and show /say and /shout ONLY on chat (just like now)
- Add Bubbles only on RP servers.
Want 7 days of subscription free?
Feel free to use my Referral Friend link!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KFtMTM

Murder_Toys
05.15.2017 , 12:45 PM | #1822
Quote: Originally Posted by tummiswtor View Post
I don't see any problem...
- Add option to disable bubbles, and show /say and /shout ONLY on chat (just like now)
- Add Bubbles only on RP servers.
how many people Rp is not wirth the time. look lets be real its not going to happen . i mean they got a half arse version of weapon coming out and it may not make it in to this years game. chat bubble are not worth the time
MurderToys | Empire | MurderToy | Republic
Want free server transfer and 7 days extra sub
http://www.swtor.com/r/KYbFPT

Ganden
05.21.2017 , 04:28 AM | #1823
Good to see the chat bubble thread is still going
Ganden Venorsi
Ataru shall set me free...
Editor-in-chief
SWTOR-RP

Frigidman
07.05.2017 , 10:15 AM | #1824
Amazing this thread is still going.

Although I am (was) a full supporter for chat bubbles, to increase RP immersion, as well as encourage players to talk to each other face to face outside of a jambed global chat box........

...I do have to say, after returning after all these years, I would rather their last 2 developers spend much needed time on fixing all the outstanding quality of life issues that still plague this game. Issues even reported during beta. Its appalling to see other games built by indie devs, who can manage to fix qol issues like nothing, yet a AAA company cannot even muster any effort to clean up all manner of obvious qol issues.

This doesn't mean I disagree with this thread of chat bubbles, I just find it hard to believe they will ever bother at this point, and if any effort should be made, it should be towards the many problems that are existing.
Sad to see after all these years... the same old QoL bugs exist, and nothing has changed for the better.
Way to go AAA developers!

MingusPho
07.05.2017 , 10:46 PM | #1825
Endorsed!

I want these too! Especially if they have a toggle option they would make for a great QoL improvement.

vadess
07.06.2017 , 10:47 AM | #1826
Quote: Originally Posted by MingusPho View Post
Endorsed!

I want these too! Especially if they have a toggle option they would make for a great QoL improvement.
Agreed

GalekMaren
07.19.2017 , 03:37 PM | #1827
Yeah I definitely think these should be a thing, would enhance the RP aspect of the game tremendously!

Deewe
08.29.2017 , 08:16 PM | #1828
This thread is going to die the day the server are plugged from the outlet.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle