Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Elite Warlord Marauder Stream

HaemmernZeit
01.10.2013 , 09:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by thedudeabidesman View Post
Hey guys

I'm well into my Elite Wh set and I'm starting to min/max: I know that with sorcs, they keep buying the bracers (which are cheap) to rip out the mods because they're BiS. Is there a piece for marauders? I've looked but can't seem to figure it out.

Oh, I'm using vindicator set if that matters

Thanks!
EWH Weaponmaster belt/bracers. Belt has +40 power mod and bracers have +40 crit mod.

Aluvi
01.11.2013 , 05:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafay View Post
hmm, more often than not, if i choke someone in a group of people, i get inturpted by a mez/stun/knockback so if i got 3 stacks i would be happy with that lol. If i am just soloing somone, they are stuned through the choke anyway and i get my 4 stacks. I think im actually having better luck spending those 2 points in the 10% heal when i unleash, since it gets used alot. I havent been putting any points in ravager also cause it is just kind of a filler that doesnt get used much in smash. Not that these matter a whole lot though.
To do max dps, consistently, and not have your rotation screwed up (meaning you NEVER have to use assault, which kills your dps), you need to have 4 stack on smash. As for Ravager, ideally you will be using ravage every time you hit berserk. The idea here is that you use Ravage while your berserk gives you a full rage bar, and you don't start using Vicious Slash right away, burning off that rage prematurely. You can't build stacks of fury while your berserk is still giving you rage, thus, you have roughly 3 seconds, or 2 GCDs, to burn before you start spamming vicious slash.

The other thing is that when I do use my choke, it's in a vital situation, where either I NEED to have a guaranteed 4 stacks, and usually, a key player NEEDS to be choked for 4 seconds. Choke also builds a TON of resolve, and having all that resolve build on the target when your choke only lasts for 2 seconds is a huge waste. It would be like the old bubble mez, where any damage broke the mez on it - free resolve for everyone!

Think of it like this: Rage is not about smash, it's about the never ending cycle of Rage -> Fury -> Rage -> Fury etc. It never ends. Smash is part of the rotation, and it's an important part because not only does it to insane damage, but it should never cost any rage, and builds fury for free. This is also why it's ok to use Rupture sometimes - because it's our best Rage -> Fury converter, and sometimes you just need 2 more Fury to get a berserk, but you dont have the rage for a vicious slash.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

Lafay
01.12.2013 , 08:10 AM | #23
I have used rupture to get that last bit of fury also, comes in handy. If there is a stealther in the fight i tend to save it for them though. You ever notice sometimes when u smash after force crush, it builds an extra 2 stacks? whats up with that, any idea? Might have to mess around with strangulate a bit i guess. I have a decent rotation anyway, its pretty rare i ever have to assalt. You need to invite me to some pvp some time aluvian so we can trade some strats on specs and what not, also i just love teaming up with sage and smashin with him, nice to see groups of people die almost immediately. I would say theres only a few marauders on our server that have the 650+ bonus damage to ring in those 6-7-8 k hits and its fun to have 2 at once! lol

Xancath
01.15.2013 , 06:00 PM | #24
nevermind~!

_ray_
01.21.2013 , 11:42 AM | #25
Hi, i have noticed that u only have around 1540 strength.. Is this because strengh has got a DR after 1500 or because stacking power gives more damage in the longer run ? Also does having 95% accuracy viable for pvp, how much it effects non force base attacks like vicious slash and ravage cause i keep reading that accuracy should always be around 105%.