What most Imp players don't realise is, they're destroying pvp

Geeorgedk

On most servers Imps dominate pvp, and that might be awesome for them, but it leads to attrition of players in the end.

Less people will be inclined to pvp Rep side. They'll either stop pvping or reroll Imp side, which leads to more Imp vs Imp pvp. Some might like that, but some don't. In the end no one benefits.

So if you care for a healthy pvp community, do some Rep pvp, you'll get a nice challenge and you'll help the pvp community in the long run.

Edited by Geeorgedk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On most servers Imps dominate pvp, and that might be awesome for them, but it leads to attrition of players in the end.

Less people will be inclined to pvp Rep side. They'll either stop pvping or reroll Imp side, which leads to more Imp vs Imp pvp. Some might like that, but some don't. In the end no one benefits.

So if you care for a healthy pvp community, do some Rep pvp, you'll get a nice challenge and you'll help the pvp community in the long run.

I read this and all I got out of it was "Carry me."

I read this and all I got out of it was "Carry me."

Well, if that's all you got out of it, have fun when it's Imp vs Imp all evening, and half hour queues.

I've been pvping for years, I know you can't win them all, but it's getting ridiculous lately.

On my server, TRE, all good Rep pvp guilds are inactive/gone/rerolled. It's just sad really. Judging from other forum posts, it's not that much better on other servers.

But I'm sure you mostly play Imp and don't care. That's the main reason I started this thread.

Most people who play PvP fight good fights. That's half the point-the other half is playing with friends. Both of those make the game fun.

Going 0-50ish kills in Hypergates isn't. We already know who's going to win and why.

The wrong reasons to play PvP:

1: Because I want Forex and Pierce-on every toon. 20x[number of toons] matches of not doing anything?

Zerging Voidstar only to get mowed down? Finding you're the only one in range to stop someone planting a bomb on the first door one minute into defense and just watching the guy plant it?

2: Weeklies, and their close relatives, conquest objectives.

I don't agree with the whole reps suck at pvp thing maybe on the harbringer where the pvp skill is diluted to the extreme

But from my experience the Republic win a lot in the bastion.

I do think the biggest problem on most of the populated servers is team compositions, When youre on a team with 5 sorcs and you're the sixth maybe You should play another toon for the sake of match quality.

I don't agree with the whole reps suck at pvp thing maybe on the harbringer where the pvp skill is diluted to the extreme

But from my experience the Republic win a lot in the bastion.

I do think the biggest problem on most of the populated servers is team compositions, When youre on a team with 5 sorcs and you're the sixth maybe You should play another toon for the sake of match quality.

From what I have heard Bastion is the one exception to the rule.

But yeah, I know on Jedi Covenant pubs usually always lose. Even their premades lose a bit.

Though because of outside objectives the amount of just plain bad players is astounding. I have actually had multiple games where I out-dps literally the whole rest of my team combined. That's not impressive, that should not be possible, yet nowadays it is. Watching 5 people at a node while it gets capped is starting to get old and seeing half the team in the millions and the other half breaking 400k is getting old.

dont blame the players. blame bioware for completely neglecting the pvp aspect of the game. naturally good players will always roll the underdog faction. thats why the best guilds usually were reps 3-4 years ago. bioware didnt do anything in the pvp area of the game for years so most good players moved on to other games. whats left now is a bunch of complete noobs and the occasional good ex rep player who rerolled cos playing with pve idiots is simply impossible.

They won't admit it sadly, all they care about is playing fotm classes and wins.

"They" who is they? All impside player's?

Personaly I've mostly stopped playing republic side on my server, because the general populice of the rep's are not bad, but have a bad attitude to things. Either its very defeatist, they think all imps are FoTM reroller's, or otherwise.

Now I'm playing a concealment and lethiality operative impside, because I like competative games, because they are fun.

dont blame the players. blame bioware for completely neglecting the pvp aspect of the game. naturally good players will always roll the underdog faction. thats why the best guilds usually were reps 3-4 years ago.

Best pvp guilds were always imp. Please.

bioware didnt do anything in the pvp area of the game for years so most good players moved on to other games. whats left now is a bunch of complete noobs and the occasional good ex rep player who rerolled cos playing with pve idiots is simply impossible.

Yeah right, "moved" to other games. That's why everyone who tried out wildstar(that was supposed to kill wow/swtor rofl) teso and other garbage mmos came back to swtor.

Wthats left now - bunch of complete noobs sitting on forums spreading false information and crying how it was good back in a day.

Best pvp guilds were always imp. Please.

Yeah right, "moved" to other games. That's why everyone who tried out wildstar(that was supposed to kill wow/swtor rofl) teso and other garbage mmos came back to swtor.

Wthats left now - bunch of complete noobs sitting on forums spreading false information and crying how it was good back in a day.

aww fanboi spotted

From the beginning, it's been back and forth on about every server I've been on. As PVP got neglected, I do think we had more imp PVPers stay than pubs over time as well as imps side seeming more popular to begin with and as they put things behind PVP that PVEers want, I feel like you see more PVEers pub side and the smaller pool means you get stuck with them more often. Between the cool factor of imp, along with PVE pubs, and the larger pool to get pops with imp side, it's snow balled.

Personally, I had switched from my sniper to my gunslinger sometime around 2.0 I think. It was right after my server had the big open world PVP event on Voss that crashed the server, but I noticed pubs were undermanned. Now its gone beyond that so I might switch back to maining my sniper. Devs don't care and honestly, most the pubs I run into don't either so long as they get their shinies so I won't care either. Its about getting the best fight as i can and that probably will be imp vs imp.

I'm just not good enough to carry.

From what I have seen since pvping from game start is many times it simply comes down to - who (both individuals and certain guilds) is online and what side they are they playing on at the time. There is a lot of random fodder that fills in the gaps, but there are certainly 'named' players. Many have characters on both sides. Some play only solo, others are never seen without their 4-man carry team, and others fluctuate between solo and grouped depending on how social they are feeling that given day.

Every now and then I will get a 'random' outstanding player in a wz whose name I don't recognize, only to find out that it is merely a new alt of one of the know names, a transfer from another server, or an older elite player returning from retirement.

Currently, as far as my server goes, a lot of these players start off on repub side in the morning hours and then shift to the imp side in the evening. This gives the impression (if you are only logging in in the evening) that the imp side is merely a faceroll.

They won't admit it sadly, all they care about is playing fotm classes and wins.

I played a pub trooper till lvl 10 for the hk part. Otherwise I will never play IMP.

You should be yelling at the pubs who reroll imps to play both sides, not the people dedicated to just playing one faction.

The Ebon Hawk is that way ------> Seriously. Ebon Hawk has a very balanced team of imps vs pubs, particularly in 65s. The server is not imp dominated.

You can't convince people to play a side if it just doesn't appeal to them, either. The majority of the players probably don't even pvp, so, people obviously pick imps for aesthetics more than anything. I guess it's more interesting being a psychopathic sith?

The people who play swtor for pvp, and only roll imps because it's the bigger, better team and wins more often on the server they play, well, the only way to fix this is:

1. Cross server queues so queues are bigger. (This won't ever happen though.)

2. They make possible that imps and pubs can be on the same team. This would stop one side from dominating, and this would be cool because even if you were the only pub queing for pvp, if 500 imps were queing you would get in a wz and chances are it would be matched fairly.

I play primarily pub side on Harbinger, one of the most imp dominated servers. I have been winning about 80% of my warzone matches the last two weeks because I joined up with a group of solid PvPers. There tends to be a small group of good PvPers on the underdog faction at any given time. Stop complaining about faction imbalance and start to correct it by getting together with some of the other good players you see. We started with one 4 man going in prime time and now always have at least two and sometimes 3 four mans. We intend to get to 4 groups going constantly in prime time. And with Harbinger's republic PvP population being relatively low, this means we can frequently get 8 of us in the same match, virtually guaranteeing a win. This is what needs to be done to improve faction imbalances, no whining to the devs or condemning players who want to play imp side (although I would like to see cross faction queues).

From a "lore" perspective, the Dark side allwys seems to be the "stronger" all lore revolves around the "heroic" lightside underdogs vs the infiniate might of the empire.

This si why, abilities on Imperial characters OFTEN are supperior, in a pure PVE setting this differance is not very visible, but as soon as we tlk pvp then the difference comes.

I think the "error" made is the way pvp is facilitated here, there is basically Death matches, regardless.

If you again look at the "lore" aspect........THIS is where Imperials excell.

What bioware should have done is made "rep" friendly pvp missions, more to facilitate the underdog and less at the "kill to win" aspect.

A "good" lore canaon type pvp mission would have been on REP side, added objectives that despite a "being slaughtered" they ---->Rep side, could still "win" by complating objectives.

Basically giving each side seperate objectives.

Naturally this would require from the player side more tactics, maybe a somewhat "slower" pace pvp map, though the fights them selves would I think be almost unchanged.

This way it will be no problems in a pvp match....yes the imps killed the reps......however the reps mamaged to maybe stay alive long enough, to mke objective, managed to get one from the team to Complete a objetive etc etc making their "loss" in fight a partial "win" in objectives.

Here would Things like sabotage, Deception etc be grat thing.

BUT all in all, the Imperial side appaers as the by a mile the strongest.....THAT is alos the "lure" of the dark side.

On that note......the only really ballanced pvp is everyone lvl 1 and given a stick to " fight it out"......just so that is being said.

I do however think on at least some maps there should be a "forced" que Trinity, meaning you have to get at least 1 tank, 1 healer and 1 dps, With then the last position "randomized"

This my definately help some I think

Seriously, most of the remaining PVPers who tend to run the show, have a full set of toons both sides anyway. The problem being for some folks, is, are you on the wrong side at the wrong time, when the people you usually use to carry you, are elsewhere?

Most people who play PvP fight good fights.

Translation : These players just don't care.

They don't care if one of both faction ceases to exist anymore ( cynically put ) - as long as good fights can still be had on the other faction.

There really should be inter-faction PvP.

Exclusively Imp vs. Imp and Rep vs. Rep.

Not mixing at all.

This would be the other way of solving this problem - the direct opposite of cross-server.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

From a "lore" perspective, the Dark side allwys seems to be the "stronger" all lore revolves around the "heroic" lightside underdogs vs the infiniate might of the empire.

This si why, abilities on Imperial characters OFTEN are supperior, in a pure PVE setting this differance is not very visible, but as soon as we tlk pvp then the difference comes.

I think the "error" made is the way pvp is facilitated here, there is basically Death matches, regardless.

If you again look at the "lore" aspect........THIS is where Imperials excell.

What bioware should have done is made "rep" friendly pvp missions, more to facilitate the underdog and less at the "kill to win" aspect.

A "good" lore canaon type pvp mission would have been on REP side, added objectives that despite a "being slaughtered" they ---->Rep side, could still "win" by complating objectives.

Basically giving each side seperate objectives.

Naturally this would require from the player side more tactics, maybe a somewhat "slower" pace pvp map, though the fights them selves would I think be almost unchanged.

This way it will be no problems in a pvp match....yes the imps killed the reps......however the reps mamaged to maybe stay alive long enough, to mke objective, managed to get one from the team to Complete a objetive etc etc making their "loss" in fight a partial "win" in objectives.

Here would Things like sabotage, Deception etc be grat thing.

BUT all in all, the Imperial side appaers as the by a mile the strongest.....THAT is alos the "lure" of the dark side.

On that note......the only really ballanced pvp is everyone lvl 1 and given a stick to " fight it out"......just so that is being said.

I do however think on at least some maps there should be a "forced" que Trinity, meaning you have to get at least 1 tank, 1 healer and 1 dps, With then the last position "randomized"

This my definately help some I think

Imperials are only stronger on most servers because most of the better players play there. At certain random times of the day some of the better imp players on Harbinger will play their pub toons and roll the imps. Same thing used to happen on Shadowlands when I played there. The "lure" of the darkside for PvPers always has and always will be knowing more good players to play with on that side, more so than any other factor.