Announcing Knights of the Eternal Throne

EricMusco

We are happy to announce our next expansion Knights of the Eternal Throne coming December 2nd. You can learn more about the expansion here. http://www.swtor.com/eternal-throne/home

-The Star Wars: The Old Republic team

Will the new expansion also bring in new customization options for our characters? There are a lot of Sith Togruta and Twi'lek toons waiting for the Bright Yellow Eyes customization option to become available to them as well, instead of only humans and cyborgs ^_^

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are happy to announce our next expansion Knights of the Eternal Throne coming December 2nd. You can learn more about the expansion here. http://www.swtor.com/eternal-throne/home

-The Star Wars: The Old Republic team

New expansion coming out, so what?

No new operations, no new pvp maps, you have no new group content at all to give us. Its gonna be a fiasco as 4.0 was.

Continue this path, only worried with cartel market packs and swtor will be dead within a year.

Shame on you Musco, you have nothing to be happy for.

New expansion coming out, so what?

No new operations, no new pvp maps, you have no new group content at all to give us. Its gonna be a fiasco as 4.0 was.

Continue this path, only worried with cartel market packs and swtor will be dead within a year.

Shame on you Musco, you have nothing to be happy for.

In the latest podcast on Twitch, the DEV's said that after the launch of KOTET they will focus more on group content (between the lines I read that there will be new ops and or pvp)

In the latest podcast on Twitch, the DEV's said that after the launch of KOTET they will focus more on group content (between the lines I read that there will be new ops and or pvp)

Y.. remember what they said after lauching 4.0? They considered that crap eternal championship as "group content"... lol

How idiot is that? :D

And for pvp they launched Odessen Providing Grounds wz and Rishi Cove arena.. Common.. Odessen is a total bs for those that enjoy pvp and Rishi Cove arena.. eh.. just an arena that was bugged for some weeks.

They (the dev's), only care about selling cartel packs, thats the way the make money, cause they have no ideas for the gameplay itself.. Its just sad.. this game died on 3.0..

I hope I'm wrong...

Well, It's goodbye sub to another game that sadly told it's pve end-game group to go to hell. LOTRO did it with the advent of big battles. SWTOR will now do it with Uprisings. If I wanted a single player game, I wouldn't sub to a MMO. Is it really so hard to develop an ops/raid? What's the point of gearing a toon if you'll never need gear? It sucks because the ops and HM runs actually had really good strats, and kept your attention. Then came the single player, cartel market, money making machine....

So basically the devs are screwing over all the veteran players again. Seriously? Wz comms, ranked PvP tokens, and all data crystals are being converted to credits? Really? That's all we get? And to top it all off, ops passes are going away, along with flashpoint and warzone passes... So basically you can't progress at all if your sub ends.. Yet another money grab. Gg Biofail. Way to screw everything up again...

I don't know if I missed this, are uprisings linked to Kotet same way as alliance alerts were? That you need to do certain amount of Kotet chapters to complete uprisings? Also, I have alts that did 9 chapters in Kotfe for odessen access and then I stopped. Can I start Kotet with these characters without completing Kotfe?

Dear Eric,

The decision to give subscribing players Galactic Command crates RNG raid gear is a horrible idea. Yes, you will have us paying and playing longer trying to get a full set of gear. We know...

When we level we get a choice of a gear box of assigned items. Would you consider giving us preset boxes with (example: Boots and Pants. Or 2 relics. Or Belt and Bracers) gear it it?

I understand we can craft what we dont get from RNG boxes.

But I do not want RNG Command Crates. I want preassigned raid gear boxes. You can keep your mounts, companion gifts, and skins. I want to group up with my guild / friends and RAID.

Thank you.

So sad to see what has come of this game. Was curious after a 3 month break where the overall SWTOR community was with the MMO content so I grabbed a Merc and joined Group Finder, the OP was DF . I went through a total of 5 groups (and that took way too long, server population was very low) that had no idea how to get past the first boss (Nefra). I have been raiding almost since vanilla days, and have never seen this amount of incompetence among players game wide. After dying continuously I was asking simple questions, are the tanks staying stacked, asking heals to cleanse and asking the dps (as dps was way low even with my full 224 merc) if they knew their rotations. I got such answers as " what is stacking?" , "Do I need to target the friendly to cleanse?" , "What do you mean a rotation?" ect... ect... All you people that are complaining about those of us that are upset about no new ops this is what your left with. There are hardly none of the old players left, the ones that would answer your questions correctly. Who could teach you what you needed to know. I used to run a few "Teaching Raid Teams" in previous guilds for sm and hm, I was fairly good at explaining what was needed and getting people clearing content. But with these "super" companions along with the current ease of the game, people are coming to endgame with an all time low understanding of their classes. After reading the release notes on 5.0 and seeing no REAL new endgame content added, plus on top of that in order to get the top level drops we need to raise the command level of all our alts ( low command level means low gear in command crates) So that means leveling all your alts standard level plus the command level to 50? Then after we do all this grinding on old content your saying that we get an RNG crate???? I am at a loss on what is going on with this game design team. If your here to play 6 hours of new content every 6 months that your companions can kill solo while you make a snack you picked the right game. Unfortunately when I rejoined I picked a multiple month sub before I read the notes on 5.0, after those months run out, yet another long time subscriber will be gone. I hear RO, and ESO may have decent endgame content gonna go check them out. Edited by Leadplayer

So sad.....

Yup, sadly so.... we have to cope with such people in game now. The problem is the game is too difficult for them. Even after the developers try very hard to nerf and simplify the game it still is to complex for them.

There is a simple proccess to this.

1. People level a toon to 65

2. They try PVP at lvl 65, get wrecked by some of the PVP premades and never que PVP again

3. They try GSF, IF they get a pop they get wrecked by veterans in Mastered out ships and never que GSF again

4. They try flashpoints solo, kill everything (thanx to jesus droid and godly companions)

5. They try Hardmode flashpoints, they die on trash, die on boss, die on dying and never que HM FPs again

6. They try Operations, die on trash, die on bosses, say its impossible and never do OPS again

In the end this leaves them with nothing but doing heroics, story and leveling new characters. Bioware recognizes the trend, that people dont do group stuff and therefore "listens" to the statistics and creates 5.0

Simple.

err might be already answered somewhere but: do i have to go through KotFE or can i jump into KoTET straight away?

If nothing else, there is a "Start at 65" token. Otherwise, I understand it to work the same way KotFE does today. Once you hit 65, you'll be able to pick up KotET from your ship's terminal. I have no idea whether doing so will lock out KotFE (probably not, but it might "fix" some choices), but it will almost certainly lock out the same things KotFE locks out.

If nothing else, there is a "Start at 65" token. Otherwise, I understand it to work the same way KotFE does today. Once you hit 65, you'll be able to pick up KotET from your ship's terminal. I have no idea whether doing so will lock out KotFE (probably not, but it might "fix" some choices), but it will almost certainly lock out the same things KotFE locks out.

Wish those tokens worked on existing toons. I.e. my level 53 agent I did class story for but have no interest in repeating KoTFE for. I would love to get that 65 as opposed to "start @ 65".

• 2 weeks later...
Wish those tokens worked on existing toons. I.e. my level 53 agent I did class story for but have no interest in repeating KoTFE for. I would love to get that 65 as opposed to "start @ 65".

Quit trolling :) You can easily go from 53->65 in a couple of hours without even looking at KotFE (and losing your best companions). You're a sub, there's x2 XP, you should have at least +50% DvL armor, plust +25% XP boost from completing story missions -- run a few tactical FPs, Wzs, or brute force through SoR (RotHC if you're feeling particularly masochistical or nostalgic)...that should get you to 65 way before (and with less pain) than running KotFE.