Vitiate, the name

Celeryherring

Hello, I'm a new player, having joined this great game back in September (I'm fresh and new, and thus full of optimism).

I have played through the whole storyline up to Ziost, and there's something that bugs me. Up until Yavin, the Emperor is always referred as "The Emperor". I immediately moved to Ziost, which I thought was the next step in the main storyline, and all of a sudden everybody refers to him as "Vitiate". I suppose I have missed some zone or chapter, where the emperor's real name is revealed. When and how do we learn of his name?

Thanks.

I think it was meant as a symbol of the Empire forsaking Vitiate. He's no longer their Emperor. They will not refer to him as such. The use of his real name feels very deliberate, especially from Empire characters.

What's more odd for me is in the expansion

he is referred to as Volkarion exclusively. Even when you talk to Koth or Senya and try to tell them what he's really like you never say "his real name is" or "we know him as". Hell I think even to his face you only use his most recent name. I would think as old nemeses, we would use his real name, to spite him if nothing else. Vitiate, or even Tenebrae if we had a lore friendly way of our characters learning that name.

The Emperor's true name was actually revealed long ago in TOR: Revan novel.

Though I must admit it felt a lilttle bit abrupt when Lana and others started referring to the Sith Emperor by his real name on Ziost.

I haven't read the novel, so I didn't know that. Anyway, in the game it felt quite sudden. My character also started using the name too, even though I hadn't heard it before ingame.

They should mention that in a side quest or something. Or you find a datacron lore object that explains it. I only knew before hand cause I read the book before I started the game. FYI theres a fan movie that was made not to long ago about the book. To bad it doesn't show the final show down.