Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

I posted this in the Theron Shan thread but it bears repeating here:

What I would love to see (and pretty much pay for) is a bonus chapter that takes place between the end of KOTET and the beginning of whatever the devs have planned next. You and your LI (Theron for me) FINALLY get that vay-caaaay-shun and head off to some secluded, out-of-the-way paradise planet...only to find it's the secret staging ground for a radical faction (new cult of Revanites or Valkorian loyalists perhaps?) determined to take over the galaxy.

It'll have drama, excitement, hair-raising escapes, peppy romantic banter and Theron in swimwear. I'd call that a win.

(unfortunately there are some companion LI's who have not been found in the standard KOTFE/KOTET story arc. Just the same, I'd still like for this to happen once all LI's return and have been accounted for!)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the Theron Shan thread but it bears repeating here:

What I would love to see (and pretty much pay for) is a bonus chapter that takes place between the end of KOTET and the beginning of whatever the devs have planned next. You and your LI (Theron for me) FINALLY get that vay-caaaay-shun and head off to some secluded, out-of-the-way paradise planet...only to find it's the secret staging ground for a radical faction (new cult of Revanites or Valkorian loyalists perhaps?) determined to take over the galaxy.

It'll have drama, excitement, hair-raising escapes, peppy romantic banter and Theron in swimwear. I'd call that a win.

(unfortunately there are some companion LI's who have not been found in the standard KOTFE/KOTET story arc. Just the same, I'd still like for this to happen once all LI's return and have been accounted for!)

I would pay all the dollars for this <3

I want my jedi knight to have a forbidden marriage to Theron Shan, then spend the rest of the chapter trying to hide it from Satele until at last she reveals she knew all along and the Jedi are basically like the Night's Watch. Everyone's scoring, you just don't make a big to do about it.

I want my jedi knight to have a forbidden marriage to Theron Shan, then spend the rest of the chapter trying to hide it from Satele until at last she reveals she knew all along and the Jedi are basically like the Night's Watch. Everyone's scoring, you just don't make a big to do about it.

Frack yes <3 I mean they pretty much did that with Kira!

Edited by Nefla

Why would it be hidden? The Order has been put to the wind. No reason for a secret wedding. As for Satele, why would she object? She herself considers herself beyond Jedi teachings now.

Why would it be hidden? The Order has been put to the wind. No reason for a secret wedding. As for Satele, why would she object? She herself considers herself beyond Jedi teachings now.

Agreed. My Jedi Guardian Padryk and Jedi Sage Jin-zhe both romanced Theron starting with "Shadows of Revan" and stayed with him up until the end of KOTET. While they did break the "no emotional attachment" rule they seem to be doing all right by themselves. Of course, they've never been faced with the ultimate choice -- do they save their LI? Or the Jedi Order? To be honest, I don't think the game will be so bold as to ever offer that choice. After all, if the brouhaha over "The Choice" in Chapter 8 of KOTET was any indication, there would be mobs of players armed with pitchforks and torches surrounding BioWare Austin's offices should that ever make its way into the story arc. :eek:

Agreed. My Jedi Guardian Padryk and Jedi Sage Jin-zhe both romanced Theron starting with "Shadows of Revan" and stayed with him up until the end of KOTET. While they did break the "no emotional attachment" rule they seem to be doing all right by themselves. Of course, they've never been faced with the ultimate choice -- do they save their LI? Or the Jedi Order? To be honest, I don't think the game will be so bold as to ever offer that choice. After all, if the brouhaha over "The Choice" in Chapter 8 of KOTET was any indication, there would be mobs of players armed with pitchforks and torches surrounding BioWare Austin's offices should that ever make its way into the story arc. :eek:

I hope they don't do it with Theron and Lana, choosing between a gay only and lesbian only option sound terrible regardless (Koth died, so his role wouldn't be as important in the sequel and the 3 people who romanced him probably can get over it). I would be part of the pitchfork crew.

The choice is pretty contrive, choosing between Vette and Torian, or Kaidan and Ashley. The choice feels very forced. I don't care about Vette and Torian, so it doesn't matter to me. Most people would likely choose to save the girl over the guy, so it's not really even a good choice selection, especially when Vette is a LI. I choose Vette simply because she's an alien and I don't want another 500 human companions in the group.

I hope they don't do it with Theron and Lana, choosing between a gay only and lesbian only option sound terrible regardless (Koth died, so his role wouldn't be as important in the sequel and the 3 people who romanced him probably can get over it). I would be part of the pitchfork crew.

The choice is pretty contrive, choosing between Vette and Torian, or Kaidan and Ashley. The choice feels very forced. I don't care about Vette and Torian, so it doesn't matter to me. Most people would likely choose to save the girl over the guy, so it's not really even a good choice selection, especially when Vette is a LI. I choose Vette simply because she's an alien and I don't want another 500 human companions in the group.

None of my characters have ever romanced Vette or Torian so I can't honestly say how choosing one over the other would affect me. But it is ironic that players complained that their choices in KOTFE didn't matter and complained again in KOTET when they had to make a choice that did matter.

As for Theron and Lana, they are our contacts/advisors for KOTFE/KOTET so I don't think anything drastic will happen to them. However, the fact that

Koth, Kaliyo, Aric, Scorpio, Torian, Vette, Senya and Arcann

can be killed over the course of the KOTFE/KOTET story arc shows that players are being given more control on how good or evil they want to play their characters.

But it is ironic that players complained that their choices in KOTFE didn't matter and complained again in KOTET when they had to make a choice that did matter.

well peoples were right . Torian and Vette aren't a choice . But a situation . If it were a real choice , you send someone to each and save both . Or just tell them both they are on their own and they both die .

a choice that matter , usually has consequences . These 2 beside their romances that you never see again . Nobody cares they are dead . It's not earth shacking choice .

Peoples wanted choices that matter , that have great repercussion later or right away in the game .

well peoples were right . Torian and Vette aren't a choice . But a situation . If it were a real choice , you send someone to each and save both . Or just tell them both they are on their own and they both die .

a choice that matter , usually has consequences . These 2 beside their romances that you never see again . Nobody cares they are dead . It's not earth shacking choice .

Peoples wanted choices that matter , that have great repercussion later or right away in the game .

I would love to see choices matter. However "everyone leaving you because you're to evil for people to really serve" would have people complaining their choices mattered :p

Koth complains about it and leaves you, and no one cares. Show it works that way for everyone who isn't also a psychopath and the choices would make a good story :)

I would love to see choices matter. However "everyone leaving you because you're to evil for people to really serve" would have people complaining their choices mattered :p

Koth complains about it and leaves you, and no one cares. Show it works that way for everyone who isn't also a psychopath and the choices would make a good story :)

To be fair, a lot of actions Koth want you to do is suicidal without knowing you have plot armor on. Like you're being pursued by an army and you still need to deactivate the sphere. I'm fine with Koth leaving you, but I dislike him because of his character, not because he limits the choice.

The choice between Torian and Vette seem contrive. I dislike it not because I now have to choose between 2 characters I don't care about, but because it seems forced drama and doesn't seem natural.

I don't know where you are getting the ideas , that ''Choices'' has to be stuck to companions . Ever heard of choices in a story ? Impacting the direction the story take ? . Those are the choices peoples wanted !

I'm playing a game called Wasteland 2 . Right at the beginning you get a choice of 2 area being attacked at the same time . Save A and you lose B . Save B and you lose A . Both have a companion to recruit and both are Important . Even when you save either ones , you can go back to the area you left to die . And face the consequences of your actions . And the place you saved ? even once you save that place , you still can screw it up and everyone kick you out .

That is what is missing in this game . Real choices , choices that will make you feel the burn for a long time .

I don't know where you are getting the ideas , that ''Choices'' has to be stuck to companions . Ever heard of choices in a story ? Impacting the direction the story take ? . Those are the choices peoples wanted !

I'm playing a game called Wasteland 2 . Right at the beginning you get a choice of 2 area being attacked at the same time . Save A and you lose B . Save B and you lose A . Both have a companion to recruit and both are Important . Even when you save either ones , you can go back to the area you left to die . And face the consequences of your actions . And the place you saved ? even once you save that place , you still can screw it up and everyone kick you out .

That is what is missing in this game . Real choices , choices that will make you feel the burn for a long time .

I feel like DAO offers the most variety of choices for such an old game. Werewolves and elves, golem and dwarves, who become king, one is nice and incompetent while other is cruel and accomplished. This game is a bit too black and white and too straight forward. They offer some gray shade with the Republic and the Empire, but the morality is still too divided between good and evil.

I feel like DAO offers the most variety of choices for such an old game. Werewolves and elves, golem and dwarves, who become king, one is nice and incompetent while other is cruel and accomplished. This game is a bit too black and white and too straight forward. They offer some gray shade with the Republic and the Empire, but the morality is still too divided between good and evil.

Truth be told , even DAO doesn't offer much replayability . I mean in comparaison say to Baldur's Gate and such .

If you play good , you are stuck doing the same crap all over . Sure the Origins are different , but only for that beginning . After that , you still do the same Ostagart and such . very few dialogues differences . Although , one can roleplay differently based on the origins which I did . Surprisingly , I loved the werewolf thing more on a dalish . There is more dialogues there for them .

Truth be told , even DAO doesn't offer much replayability . I mean in comparaison say to Baldur's Gate and such .

If you play good , you are stuck doing the same crap all over . Sure the Origins are different , but only for that beginning . After that , you still do the same Ostagart and such . very few dialogues differences . Although , one can roleplay differently based on the origins which I did . Surprisingly , I loved the werewolf thing more on a dalish . There is more dialogues there for them .

It is also much easier to do this in a single player game. Your decision 'nuke' Zakuul versus my decision to 'save' Zakuul means removing that entire planet from any comprehensive content later as the devs now have to support 2 versions of choice.

Even though a lot of people like to say SWtoR is a single player game with a sub this just wouldn't work.

The reason the 'choices' deal with companions now is that they have all been homogenized so there is literally no difference between them as long as you have enough to send on your crew missions while having one out.

Edited by AndasKastor

I agree, it was really disappointing how the survivor just disappeared from the story and nobody cared that the other died. Even when killing Vaylin you don't have the choice to say "this is for ____!" or at the end when you have to fight alongside Vaylin's ghost, you don't have the choice of saying "I don't want your help you murdering *****!" I felt like that moment when the character died was so horrible and then it doesn't impact anything after that at all.

I agree, it was really disappointing how the survivor just disappeared from the story and nobody cared that the other died. Even when killing Vaylin you don't have the choice to say "this is for ____!" or at the end when you have to fight alongside Vaylin's ghost, you don't have the choice of saying "I don't want your help you murdering *****!" I felt like that moment when the character died was so horrible and then it doesn't impact anything after that at all.

Or redeem Vaylin . Or killing Arcannn without Killing Senya .

Again , these are ''companions dying or surviving'' . I'm personally more interested in Story choices .

I dunno..something like when you meet Acina . That couldve been a nice spot to bring in Jedi for Ambush instead of that idiot guy working with Saresh . And depand on who you are and who you play , you could side with either ones .

Iokath , that also was a waste of space and Art . All we did is run around between cutscene . And killing giant Tin can (again) . we came empty handed and left the same way . Gained nothing but lost a companions for Good . All that technology , all that new map..used for Nothing .

You snoop in Vaylin Party . Ya would think it would be a nice place to make a coup d'etat . Well we did..sort of..tiny band of rebel that may shoot at ya if ya mistreat them . Bah !

Wasted opportunities .

It is also much easier to do this in a single player game. Your decision 'nuke' Zakuul versus my decision to 'save' Zakuul means removing that entire planet from any comprehensive content later as the devs now have to support 2 versions of choice.

Even though a lot of people like to say SWtoR is a single player game with a sub this just wouldn't work.

The reason the 'choices' deal with companions now is that they have all been homogenized so there is literally no difference between them as long as you have enough to send on your crew missions while having one out.

That's why I always said this game barely scratching it's potentiel . And I always wanted it as single players . Especially if you are going Story route . But since they made it an MMO..I dont think it's impossible either way . They can do it , if they stopped drooling over them cutscene and actually started writing .

It doesn't. I just feel it should be a big choice. Choices that matter and makes sense? Then being evil and still having Republic Members, doesn't make as much sense, unless they're already evil themselves or corrupt and feel the character is a source of power.

I don't feel save place A versus place B would make a big impact, unless the game some how got us to really feel good about both places beforehand. Which won't be easy, if they can't get people to feel for two companions that have been around awhile.

I guess they can't all be choices of "Save Jaxo or let her die" *cry*

It doesn't. I just feel it should be a big choice. Choices that matter and makes sense? Then being evil and still having Republic Members, doesn't make as much sense, unless they're already evil themselves or corrupt and feel the character is a source of power.

I don't feel save place A versus place B would make a big impact, unless the game some how got us to really feel good about both places beforehand. Which won't be easy, if they can't get people to feel for two companions that have been around awhile.

I guess they can't all be choices of "Save Jaxo or let her die" *cry*

*Glare* You let her die..didn't you ? That whaling speak Volumes of GUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL ....so did I :p

But I'm so saving her next , them unknown fools..be damned . :D

well , they couldve used the stupid system they created in place . The alliance , if you grinded all approval..ya get something about it in the story . If you didn't...repb and sith jump ya base and kick ya behind lol which is better then what we had .

They also missed the mark with the knight of zaakul . we couldve fought them or taken over their HQ . Ya know..so many wasted chances to do more...

*Glare* You let her die..didn't you ? That whaling speak Volumes of GUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL ....so did I :p

But I'm so saving her next , them unknown fools..be damned . :D

well , they couldve used the stupid system they created in place . The alliance , if you grinded all approval..ya get something about it in the story . If you didn't...repb and sith jump ya base and kick ya behind lol which is better then what we had .

They also missed the mark with the knight of zaakul . we couldve fought them or taken over their HQ . Ya know..so many wasted chances to do more...

I saved her the first time :) And even the second time I had to step back and really think about what my new Trooper would do!