Stats vs armor, which should have priority?

Sparktite

So i have a pair of pants i just looted and the armor is less but the stats are higher. Im wondering if its worth the trade off. Im also wondering if i should keep the answer i get from you as my priority for all armor comparisons, or when i get into the later levels the stats will have diminishing resulting in a different decision. Would this also apply to weapons?

In star wars galaxies for example one would say at earlier levels if you have armor with a high con stat and the armor is only a little bit lower, it would be better to go with the higher con. But later on youll probably be stacking enough con that you should opt for the higher armor value/stat.

Im a sith inquisitor trying to figure out which of these two pants would be better...

34 armor with +7 endurance and +6 willpower or a pair with 40 armor only?

Also is the armor rating based only on the amount of armor, or does it include the stats in that rating?

- Thanks

Pick the stats increase, always. Specifically stat increases that apply to your class, ie playing Inquisitor you would be wasting potential by choosing Aim/Endurance or Tech/Crit; you would go for Willpower and Endurance. Edited by DeutschGamer

always go for the stats no matter the trade off? Im sure at some point i will come across armor with a ton of armor and then i have something lower level way less armor but a handful of extra stats, in that case it cant be good to go with the stats can it?

TY :)

Always go for stats but only the ones for your class. So no there is no trade off for you because you wear light armour anyway and endurance makes you tougher. If you open your character sheet with 'c' then hover over the stats you can see what they do.

Peace

always go for the stats no matter the trade off? Im sure at some point i will come across armor with a ton of armor and then i have something lower level way less armor but a handful of extra stats, in that case it cant be good to go with the stats can it?

Unless you're a Tank, armour value is of tertiary importance. Even if you're a Tank, it doesn't matter until you're doing bleeding-edge endgame stuff; any item that's of "appropriate" level will have "enough" armour for any challenge you'll face that you could actually beat. And even at end-game, armour generally tracks with stats, so it will be rare for the question to be raised.

I'm guessing what you're looking at is some very low white armour compared to nearly-as-low greens. Or perhaps you're even not grokking that different "weights" of armour have different armour values...

Cool, so i wont need to be constantly checking what armor i should be using and lugging around extra armor until i find my answer lol

Sounds like really no matter what armor takes 2nd compared to any stat bonus for your stats.

I think someone already mentioned that my stats were endurance and willpower. I read many times willpower is what i should focus on with my SI Sorc. Im also leveling up a sith marauder? Havent played on the sith dual wielding setup i made before the game had its official release.

Are there any other stats i should focus on besides endurance and the main stat for my class? I didnt read up much on the extra stats or what ever they are called just the main 5 stats or however many there are.

- Thanks again :)