Planetary Bonus Series, where do they stand with KotFE?

Lakemine

Are the planetary bonus series part of the main storyline that will be locked once I start KotFE? or are they part of the explorer missions you can do even after I start KotFE? (The bonus series being the ones unlocked after you finished your main storyline on the planet, not even the main planet storyline but I still did it anyways.) Would like some clarification from a Dev or a PR person with the answer very soon as we have very little time before the launch. Thanks all and keep up the good work. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I did Balmorra but cant start Tatooine BS... what the hell is happening to this game ? They deleted bonus series ? or we chave tons of bugs everywhere just like at vanilla launch... bugged area looting only confirms that :mad:

Yeah noticed that as well, the tatooine bonus series seems bugged at the moment

I did Balmorra but cant start Tatooine BS... what the hell is happening to this game ? They deleted bonus series ? or we chave tons of bugs everywhere just like at vanilla launch... bugged area looting only confirms that :mad:

Oh good, it's not just me. I looked all over for the Tatooine bonus, I thought maybe my level wasn't high enough and then I remembered the level sync. The Tatooine series was the only one I really wanted to do on my new Bounty Hunter and yet, I cannot do it.

Did you already start KotFE? Because I was able to start Tattoine BS 2 days ago, though one part did get buggy. Resetting the quest helped.

The only reason why I am doing the is, that I don't know what happens to the BS after I start the new Story.

A lot of quests like the planetary bonus series are now classed as exploration missions and WILL NOT show up by default with game update 4.0

Open your map and you'll see a little check box at the top right that says something like show exploration missions. tick that and boom you'll see everything show up as you'd expect.

Hope it helps as it took me a little while to work this out :)

I didn't even see the Balmorra Bonus Series (had the check box ticked as well) and am now done with Tatooine Story Arc and no Bonus Series is showing up either. Some quests ARE showing up as Exploration Missions at the camps in the bonus area.

A lot of quests like the planetary bonus series are now classed as exploration missions and WILL NOT show up by default with game update 4.0

Open your map and you'll see a little check box at the top right that says something like show exploration missions. tick that and boom you'll see everything show up as you'd expect.

Drat! Looks like I'm taking my completionist butt back to Korriban... I hope this works. :(

Just went back to Balmorra as a lvl41 sorc (about to head to Alderaan) and the Bonus Series shows up!!!

If that's the case it looks as though they have altered the level required to start some of the planetary bonus series.

I think you had to be in the mid to high 20's to do it originally.

Yeah I have exploration quest tracking and there was not Tatooine available... even clicked at NPC to be sure that he will not give quest. Since that time I have completed chapter 1 and after returning to Nar Shaddaa ( following story ) I noticed that I dont have bonus for that planet as well... and I have 55 lvl. Well... will return to check them before "Rise of the Hutt Cartel". I was thinking that they deleted all bonuses... hearing that someone already did them without problem after kotfe release is making me think about devs and their lack of intelligence. How someone can change vanilla questing system and dont test it properly is beyond imagination.

Hitted 65 today... Was going to start Belsavis story, but visited Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa and BonusSeries were working ( finally ) as intended. I dont know if that was thanks to completed chapter... or thanks to max lvl but yeah... working.

Still Voss is broken because terminal ( at bonus outpost ) with quest is missing !

Still Alderaan is broken because NPC ( Sergeant Namada ) with quest is missing !

Edited by PatrykJesionek

• 1 year later...

I'm playing Empire side first time, and it bugs me immensely if I have missed out on good missions because I didn't have this ticked, do I need to go all the way back to Korriban explore everywhere for every planet until now so I can experience all the good missions? Or are they just missions with no story?

I'm playing Empire side first time, and it bugs me immensely if I have missed out on good missions because I didn't have this ticked, do I need to go all the way back to Korriban explore everywhere for every planet until now so I can experience all the good missions? Or are they just missions with no story?

They have their own internal story(1), but it isn't part of the class story OR the planetary arc of the planet they are on.

(1) In some cases, there are even direct links to other missions. In one case, the two missions are given by the same NPC(2) but on different planets.

(2) It's a Republic-side NPC. See spoiler box if you want to know more.

At the entrance to "The Works" on Coruscant, you'll meet Fez Burba. He gives you a mission. On Tatooine, you'll meet him again, I believe in the Republic bonus mission area. He has another mission for you.

EDIT: And yeah, I think the checkbox for showing exploration missions should default to "ON".

Edited by SteveTheCynic

• 2 weeks later...

OK all, I started a republic toon again with exploration quests turned on, and some of the best quests (especially early game) are indeed exploration quests, such as the lovers on tython, or the twilek looking for his wife who was 'kidnapped'. Very disappointed that some of these great quests wont appear unless its turned on, which means I have to play Empire side again.

So I highly recommend having it on, the grindy annoying quests are easy to spot through the dialogue anyway