Question about adaptive armor

Maxdamaged

I cannot seem to find a clear definitive answer to my question about Adaptive armor so I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.. Simply put, can I buy Adaptive armor sets off the cartel market, remove the mods in my current armor, put them in the Adaptive armor and have the same stats?

Currently I'm sporting a Basic commendation chest piece. Can I take out the mods and place them in the adaptive armor from the Cartel market and have the same stats? It would be a shame to spend the money and have it be weaker armor. I cannot remember the exact name of the armor on cartel market, but it's for the Jedi and it has a gold'ish Mohawk on the helm. I also have max crafting skills so I have the potential to craft the mods without removing them from my current armor, but I would be spending Cartel coins and would most likely spend more in credits for blueprints.

I cannot seem to find a clear definitive answer to my question about Adaptive armor so I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.. Simply put, can I buy Adaptive armor sets off the cartel market, remove the mods in my current armor, put them in the Adaptive armor and have the same stats?

Currently I'm sporting a Basic commendation chest piece. Can I take out the mods and place them in the adaptive armor from the Cartel market and have the same stats? It would be a shame to spend the money and have it be weaker armor. I cannot remember the exact name of the armor on cartel market, but it's for the Jedi and it has a gold'ish Mohawk on the helm. I also have max crafting skills so I have the potential to craft the mods without removing them from my current armor, but I would be spending Cartel coins and would most likely spend more in credits for blueprints.

Yes that is precisely what they're designed to do.

Ok perfect. Then I guess first step will be to see if I can actually remove the mods from the basic gear and go from there.

Thanks for the info

I don't know of any gear with mods that cannot be removed, but they might be locked to that 'part' of the armor.

i.e. removing the armoring from some gloves might require the destination to be gloves too

So not really a big deal if you're doing this for yourself or a humanoid companion (sucks to be a droid).

I don't know of any gear with mods that cannot be removed, but they might be locked to that 'part' of the armor.

i.e. removing the armoring from some gloves might require the destination to be gloves too

So not really a big deal if you're doing this for yourself or a humanoid companion (sucks to be a droid).

Yeah the armor mods are locked to that type of armor , but the mod and enhancements mods aren't. So you can remove them all , but can only place the armor mod into the same type of armor i.e gloves into another glove.

Cheers,

BadOrb.