KoToR Reboot

Tmanarl

There is an interesting article on SWNN today regarding the next KoToR game BW-Austin is rumored to be working on. They pull from a few different sources, so it doesn't seem like a complete shot in the dark.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/04/rumor-star-wars-kotor-reboot-in-the-works.html

I'd be interested in a reboot, or a new game under the KoToR umbrella.

I'd love to see a remaster of the original, but a reboot of the original? No, don't ruin the original game.

That being said, a true KOTOR 3, not involving Revan, would be great to see.

~ Eudoxia

Already being worked on if you own the original. Looking good so far. Being done on the Unreal4 engine.

The Apeiron thing is just one of tons of superambitious mods that have no chance ever being finished. Modelling few shiny assets and importing them into UDK is a cool excercise and certainly nice thing to put into CV as a young 3D artist, but making a functional game on top of that is a whole different thing.

Not even talking about obvious legal issues in case of such a project.

Edited by PanVlk

• 3 weeks later...
The Apeiron thing is just one of tons of superambitious mods that have no chance ever being finished. Modelling few shiny assets and importing them into UDK is a cool excercise and certainly nice thing to put into CV as a young 3D artist, but making a functional game on top of that is a whole different thing.

Agreed. by the time that is finished, the generation that grew up with it will be dead lol.

They're not overhauling *anything* except the graphics. That's all they're updating (and, I think, restoring some cut content that's already in the game files). They're not making any new dialogue, any new changes to the story except for that cut content (and those already have mods in place that are perfectly legal), or changing any game mechanics like combat, controls, etc. They're just updating the graphics. They're also doing it completely for free, not even accepting donations, and are not going to sell the mod in any way.

How's that illegal? o.o

There is an interesting article on SWNN today regarding the next KoToR game BW-Austin is rumored to be working on. They pull from a few different sources, so it doesn't seem like a complete shot in the dark.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/04/rumor-star-wars-kotor-reboot-in-the-works.html

I'd be interested in a reboot, or a new game under the KoToR umbrella.

Me personally, would Not want a KOTOR reboot. With KOTOR recent story line with Raven and everything Raven. It has brought him from the Original KOTOR into Our New SWTOR, so the KOTOR story is complete, IMO

So, i like to see a story the surrounds the Human-Echani (remember the Handmaiden) i think there is a deeper story there. Not so much with her but in the Human-Echani in general.