Decrease Vandin pop rate, and bring back stun breaker

_Miriya_

Please, the Vandin new map is popping TOO much, and I even like Huttball, but this has become silly.

Not only having 4 of those in a row is really boring and exhausting, but also the other 2 huttball maps barely pop...

And when are we gonna fix the deny of stun breaker (bug?) ability while carrying the ball? Please, doesn't help to the idea of having people wanting to run the ball at all. The map is already very clumsy, big and slow, no need for that too.

I love huttball, I hate vandin.....which could be a great map if they just backed off on the amount of traps in the damn map and for how damn long they last.

The cc breaker being locked out when carrying the ball has been confirmed a bug.

I love huttball, I hate vandin.....which could be a great map if they just backed off on the amount of traps in the damn map and for how damn long they last.

The cc breaker being locked out when carrying the ball has been confirmed a bug.

A bug they're going to leave in probably -- just like the leaping bug on huttball maps.

Pretty sure the leaping into the endzone thing was intentional.

CC break bug according to Eric on twitter is planned to be fixed in 5.10.

snave posted (months ago) that eric said the leaping was a bug and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Edited by RACATW

Just came back to SWTOR yesterday. Vandin is ok but there are some serious flaws.

The huttball explosion timer should be doubled or just removed. I was utterly confused as to why I randomly died 5meters from a score. These unexplained "features" baffle me.

Also yes there are to many traps and there duration is to long. And the stun trap is just dumb, I would actually rather it kill then just have to sit there and do nothing for 5 secs, not fun.

Change all the traps to posion(to match the RP) and remove huttball explosion and I would actually love the map.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Just came back to SWTOR yesterday. Vandin is ok but there are some serious flaws.

The huttball explosion timer should be doubled or just removed. I was utterly confused as to why I randomly died 5meters from a score. These unexplained "features" baffle me.

Also yes there are to many traps and there duration is to long. And the stun trap is just dumb, I would actually rather it kill then just have to sit there and do nothing for 5 secs, not fun.

Change all the traps to posion(to match the RP) and remove huttball explosion and I would actually love the map.

Huttball explosion timer is exactly where it should be. Gone are the days of a tank with guard being healed slowly walking his unkillable way to the endzone. You have to actually pay attention and pass the damn thing.

Huttball explosion timer is exactly where it should be. Gone are the days of a tank with guard being healed slowly walking his unkillable way to the endzone. You have to actually pay attention and pass the damn thing.

I think it could be a little longer for alow mobility classes and to account for the stunbreaker "bug".

Huttball in general is full of matches with maybe 4/16 people playing objectives while the rest are running around the opposite end of the map from the ball carrier "number farming"

I think it could be a little longer for alow mobility classes and to account for the stunbreaker "bug".

I see no reason for this, especially if the cc break bug will be fixed next patch. Shortening the huttball carry timer and making it a visibly timed buff was a good change they did. If anything, it could be even shorter, definitely not longer. It could stimulate more ppl to actually play objectives.

This map is 100% leave for me, like OPG. I wonder if it’s even possible to fail harder on warzone creation than they have. They seriously could have made a texture-less completely open and flat area as a new warzone and it would be miles beyond anything they’ve created since the originals.

This map is 100% leave for me, like OPG. I wonder if it’s even possible to fail harder on warzone creation than they have. They seriously could have made a texture-less completely open and flat area as a new warzone and it would be miles beyond anything they’ve created since the originals.

The last good "new" map was Novaar Coast imo. Its been downhill with each map after that.

I see no reason for this, especially if the cc break bug will be fixed next patch. Shortening the huttball carry timer and making it a visibly timed buff was a good change they did. If anything, it could be even shorter, definitely not longer. It could stimulate more ppl to actually play objectives.

Ill eat my shoe if they fix the "bug" next patch. Whatever Musco claims, I think it was intended.

Personally this change conteibuted to me hating hutball even more than I already did, throw in the constant pops of vandin and normal occurances of queshball and regular huttball and I already pretty mich leave any hutball when I'm soloing.

Ill eat my shoe if they fix the "bug" next patch. Whatever Musco claims, I think it was intended.

Personally this change conteibuted to me hating hutball even more than I already did, throw in the constant pops of vandin and normal occurances of queshball and regular huttball and I already pretty mich leave any hutball when I'm soloing.

Personally I think the ball should have even more restrictions like snipers in cover cant catch the ball, ball carriers cant use movement abilities, pull cant be used on the ball carrier etc....Sniper one is just pure broken because you cant leap to them and if they are entrenched there is NOTHING you can do to stop them. Its beyond broken.

Personally I think the ball should have even more restrictions like snipers in cover cant catch the ball, ball carriers cant use movement abilities, pull cant be used on the ball carrier etc....Sniper one is just pure broken because you cant leap to them and if they are entrenched there is NOTHING you can do to stop them. Its beyond broken.

i assume the idea is to encourage more teamwork. which we have seen with the stunbreak thing doesn't work, as people spend more of the match deathmatching than running the ball.

unless of course i'm in my guild premade and we just totally out-coordinate the entire enemy team and win in less than 3 minutes.

huttball is basically a clickfest for who has the lowest ping and most players willing to run the ball rather than death match.

please, please stop this skyshredder thing....

the dsync is awful to the point where i really hate that map. sometimes someone picks up the ball and is like 75% under the ground, not attackable and has an easy run to the end zone... you see like 4 peope following him but everybody just spamming aoe in hopes it will do something....

this map is just unplayable and i dont know why you released it in that state....

and if something is new, it doesnt mean it has to be like 85% of 8v8 warzones.. especially if its bad like this new huttball.

i dont know a single person who likes this map... and even the ones who liked it in the beginning started to hate it, because of desync and the ridiculous pop rate.....

sometimes i remember the simpsons scene where homer tells lisa that the light is either on or off and when she tells him about dimmers he says the industry only want her to believe that....

I sort of scored by accident last night because I was running and desynced on my screen and got pushed back by a Sin at the same time. While I was trying to figure out where I was as I couldn’t see (still moving forward on my keyboard), I ended up in the end zone. Next thing I’m getting accused of hacking.

It’s so bad you could literally teleport hack in this map and not be able to tell the difference between the desync and the hack

This map is so bad with the desync that you can’t stop people scoring when they desync or you fall through the floor.

Either fix the desync or remove from the rotation. Take Quesh Ball out at the same time because it’s worse than ever since Vandin was added,

Ugh I've already gotten this map 4 times in a row tonight.......Can we chill on the pop rate for this thing already? Or give me original huttball. I can play that map all night.

Edit:

6 in a row.

Edited by Raansu

Hey Devs.

1) Please make it so we can NOT intercede / Charge / stealth generator / shadowwalk / etc etc. into the scoreline area.

2) plz make the score line area purge stealth / do 10k dmg to all in the area after scoring and every 10 secs afterwards, so no stealth can "retard-mode-camp" the scoring area fo easy mode wins.

3) Plz make it so Concealment Opers can't Dodge Roll past traps without getting CC'ed / Damaged (implmenet this for all Huttball matches and remove Dodge roll resistances so Opers are not immune to CC during Dodge Roll - like 95% of all other classes) remove CC immunity from Huttball traps to Shroud and Sage/Sorc Bubble as wel……………..

4) plz remove Huttball from "Warzone" que as they have nothing to do with PvP in a Galaxy of Sith and Jedi in an eternal conflict… or... change their "pop-rate" to 20% of actual PvP maps (Voidstar, Alderaan, Ancient Hypergate, Novarre Cost and Yaivin Ruins)

Huttball is just as useless as Arena Maps for most people as they have no narrative validity.

6) stop forcing players to play "your" badly designed content and you would know what ppl actually enjoy.. we have payed to play your game, stop forcing gameplay we do not want to be part of..... like Arena 4vs4s and Huttball.

NB: This is a negative post (so keep in mind most of us like 80% of the game alot).

PS: Pls fix D-Sync :) it feels like we play a FPS with 1 sec delay so #what-happened-to -> 30 or 60-tickrate?

Modern Battlefield games handles 32 v 32 with 30 tickrate and anything below that with 60-120 tickrate.

Edited by Mannok

1) Please make it so we can NOT intercede / Charge / stealth generator / shadowwalk / etc etc. into the scoreline area.

I didn't realize it isn't disabled already. I admit I was lucky enough not to get these maps so much recently. But if it is the case - agreed. Disabling these leaps in other huttballs was one great decision.

2) plz make the score line area purge stealth / do 10k dmg to all in the area after scoring and every 10 secs afterwards, so no stealth can "retard-mode-camp" the scoring area fo easy mode wins.

Damage might be overdoing it but for some time I was thinking (as a guy who mains a stealther) that a damage-less anti-stealth pulse once in a while could be very nice (since stealthers aren't inferior in combat compared to others, adding "think before you stealth" isn't even a nerf).

3) Plz make it so Concealment Opers can't Dodge Roll past traps without getting CC'ed / Damaged (implmenet this for all Huttball matches and remove Dodge roll resistances so Opers are not immune to CC during Dodge Roll - like 95% of all other classes) remove CC immunity from Huttball traps to Shroud and Sage/Sorc Bubble as wel……………..

Remove the ability to speed through a trap unharmed? Good idea.

Remove the resistance of roll generally? Nah. Many classes have a longer cc immunity which takes far less skill to "hit on the spot" when an actual cc is used. The CC immunity of roll is fair, if anything, the damage immunity might be a little OP.

Remove the ability to shroud through traps? I am quite sure at least some traps hit me with shroud, but in case some don't, it sounds fair. Shroud is indeed to easy a solution.

Remove the immunity of barrier through traps? Even if it works, who cares. they can't hold the ball anyway, and it has a full 3min CD on it.

4) plz remove Huttball from "Warzone" que as they have nothing to do with PvP in a Galaxy of Sith and Jedi in an eternal conflict… or... change their "pop-rate" to 20% of actual PvP maps (Voidstar, Alderaan, Ancient Hypergate, Novarre Cost and Yaivin Ruins)

Huttball is just as useless as Arena Maps for most people as they have no narrative validity.

Nobody who needs narrative validity stayed in PVP after X-fac has been implemented. But with that said, there are other valid reasons to dismiss huttball for now (for example, accurate positioning is too critical in that mode so dsync totally breaks everything so it makes sense to freeze it until dsync is fixed or mitigated significantly).

6) stop forcing players to play "your" badly designed content and you would know what ppl actually enjoy.. we have payed to play your game, stop forcing gameplay we do not want to be part of..... like Arena 4vs4s and Huttball

You didn't include OPG on that list, or AHG. Some people would, as I am sure you know. In the same manner, some people might EXCLUDE huttball, arena or both from your list of badly designed content. It is a matter of taste and not everyone shares the same view. If they removed every content some of us dislike, there would be no game left. It is much smarter to remove content NOBODY likes. I suppose the fact that the game still stands and, as far as I know, no content of it is barren and unplayed, proves that such a thing doesn't exist.

#Mannok

Just wanted to add to Rafi’s excellent points.

I didn't realize it isn't disabled already. I admit I was lucky enough not to get these maps so much recently. But if it is the case - agreed. Disabling these leaps in other huttballs was one great decision.

Leap and holotraverse are already “disabled” but weren’t meant to be disabled. It’s a bug because I can still leap sometimes to the end zone in all HB maps. This bug needs to be fixed so Warrior classes can always leap as it is fundamental to their class rotation and not being able to leap in Quesh Ball makes you a sitting duck while every other class can get through the flames or attack enemy on the other side. Leap in the end zone is needed in HB more than any of the other classes “speed/immunity” abilities.

But if you were going to disable leap on purpose, then you need to disable roll, speed run, Merc rocket out, predation, blade blitz and hydrolic override so they can’t be used in the end zone.

Damage might be overdoing it but for some time I was thinking (as a guy who mains a stealther) that a damage-less anti-stealth pulse once in a while could be very nice (since stealthers aren't inferior in combat compared to others, adding "think before you stealth" isn't even a nerf).

I agree that you shouldn’t be able to permanently camp the line in stealth. If you are going to be stealth at the end zone there should be some challenge to it.

Ie you have to stay really close to the edge or you pop out of stealth

Or

Ie you have a timer for how long you can stay in stealth in the end zone till it pops you out.

Remove the ability to speed through a trap unharmed? Good idea.

Remove the resistance of roll generally? Nah. Many classes have a longer cc immunity which takes far less skill to "hit on the spot" when an actual cc is used. The CC immunity of roll is fair, if anything, the damage immunity might be a little OP.

Remove the ability to shroud through traps? I am quite sure at least some traps hit me with shroud, but in case some don't, it sounds fair. Shroud is indeed to easy a solution.

Remove the immunity of barrier through traps? Even if it works, who cares. they can't hold the ball anyway, and it has a full 3min CD on it.

Mostly agreed on everything and I’ll make another point too.

You can only got through flame traps in Vandin without taking much damage, but they are near the middle of the map, so no biggy. You can’t go through electric traps at all if they are active and the poison gas kills me on my Sorc even as I’m healing myself and popping a med pack. So there is no problem as they currently are.

What might be good is if Bioware added similar damage to the green sludge in Quesh Hutt Ball and more damage to the flame traps in original Hutt Ball.

Nobody who needs narrative validity stayed in PVP after X-fac has been implemented. But with that said, there are other valid reasons to dismiss huttball for now (for example, accurate positioning is too critical in that mode so dsync totally breaks everything so it makes sense to freeze it until dsync is fixed or mitigated significantly).

Hutt Ball has always been one of my favourite maps. While I would have liked to have seperate MAP type queues in the past (so I could queue more original HB), that is no longer possible due to the reduced number of players left in the game.

Plus you are 100% correct about narrative, especially as it refers to HB. I can take that further by saying HB is the ultimate crime lords “Star Wars themed” pvp because the Hutt is pitting teams against each other for his own amusement and gambling. You could consider it a mix of gladiatorial Basket Ball with deadly consequences. The same as you can consider Pod Racing as gladiatorial F1 facing.

Hutt Ball is more Star Wars narrative than OPG or even Hypergates. Even some of the “capture the node” maps aren’t all that Star Wars. Void Star is probably the most Star Wars themed map there is, followed by HB.

The only “pure” combat pvp in the game is Arena because the only objective is to kill. If you were to use the argument that Hutt Ball should be removed from the objective queue because it’s not pvp, then you would need to remove most other maps besides Void Star.

What I will add is desync is ruining ALL pvp maps, but it’s destroying HB maps the worst. If they don’t do something soon, they will be unplayable when they add 5.10 content into the game (each new patch has added more desync since 5.0 and it’s accumulating). I can’t believe this isn’t a number one priority before adding more content.

You didn't include OPG on that list, or AHG. Some people would, as I am sure you know. In the same manner, some people might EXCLUDE huttball, arena or both from your list of badly designed content. It is a matter of taste and not everyone shares the same view. If they removed every content some of us dislike, there would be no game left. It is much smarter to remove content NOBODY likes. I suppose the fact that the game still stands and, as far as I know, no content of it is barren and unplayed, proves that such a thing doesn't exist.

As someone who hates OPG with a passion, I would cheer if they removed the least Star Wars map from the rotation. But I know that can’t be done because others like it.

What does need to happen is they need to fix the pop rotations so that you don’t get more of one map than another or multiple of the same map in a row or every second or third pop.

I know I get maybe 1 Void Star out of 20 pops or 1 Hypergates. I get Vandin way too much, then Nova Coast and then Civil war. I don’t get original HB much anymore and I can’t remember the last time I did a Quesh Ball.

The maps I get the most are Vandin, OPG and Yavin. So one broken map (desync), then one map I hate and then another map that is always one sided.

When it comes to Arena (during low pop), I get the new raised platform map 6/10 times. Usually 3-4 in a row, which gets really boring.

What’s killing PvP for me in this game (from worst to least)

1. desync

2. Bugs

3. Poor/broken match making

4. People who “only” death match in objective pvp

5. Bad map rotation

6. Gearing (current)

7. Balance or OP/UP classes

8. Bad map rotation

Edited by Totemdancer

I'm pretty sure leaps have never been purposefully disabled in end zone. They've always worked in original huttball as far as I remember, they certainly work currently. The only one that sometimes doesn't allow leaps is Queshball but that has to be a bug because sometimes I can and sometimes I can't and it's not restricted to the end zone either.

Also for anyone who is losing to someone sitting in end zone I have several solutions for you.

1) Stop letting the enemy team always get the ball

2) Kill the person in end zone after the first time they get a pass (if they vanish out again you know they're still there so there's no excuse to not be ready for the next pass)

3) Knock the person off the ledge

4) Stun the person during the pass so they don't catch it

5) Leap to the person during the pass so you catch it instead

If your team can't manage any of that then your team just isn't playing well. If standing in end zone is instant ez-mode win then you should be perfectly capable of doing it to the other team as well.