Xenoanalyst HM & SM gear requirements

We 5 manned story mode (8m) and we 9 manned SM (16m), so I totally agree with Infalliable Tionese/Columi is fine for story mode.

HM I would also agree at least for the Tank to be BH or better, however for dps, depending on tanks and healers skill/gear, Rakata or better is fine for dps. Of course like Infalliable wrote, it will all depend on the skill/team make up. We’ve done it with 2 healers and 3 tanks and the rest dps, so numbers of dps made up for any shortcomings in dps gear. It also helped that we had two scoundrel healers, as we could ignore some game mechanics and just stealth rez a tank or a dps that accidently taunted. However, we were largely pretty well coordinated as the majority of the group has been playing together for over a year, some since launch, and we were using Vent. In my opinion HM 8 and 16m is a joke too, but I know that feeling comes from my group and my opinion would be vastly different without those people if I were just pugging it. Although the one group I pugged with last time, made HM 16m Xeno seem like a joke too, but I just healed with a guild that needed a healer, so other than me they were well corrdinated. :)

Edited by mikebevo

4 Manned 8 man

5 manned 16 man

Sorry if I came off as someone that was trying to impress, I would have rather done it with 8 and 16 people, that was just all we had at the time. I was just trying to point out gear was not a issue in SM. ;)

Edited by mikebevo

If you have anything above Tionese, SM puts you to sleep it seems.

As far as 16m HM (I've yet to bother with 8m HM), Columi really is probably enough, though maybe your tanks may want some better gear. The gear check isn't that hard. It gives you a bit of breathing room if you are slow getting on targets, but if you aren't, there isn't really an issue. WIth BH gear across your ops, you probably are fast enough to skip or trivialize certain parts. I've done 16m HM with most of the group in augmented WH/EWH (including tanks) and it's not really an issue.

That said, I can certainly understand wanting people to overgear it you happen to be pugging, though the encounter is simple.

Edited by ebado

If you have anything above Tionese, SM puts you to sleep it seems.

As far as 16m HM (I've yet to bother with 8m HM), Columi really is probably enough, though maybe your tanks may want some better gear. The gear check isn't that hard. It gives you a bit of breathing room if you are slow getting on targets, but if you aren't, there isn't really an issue. WIth BH gear across your ops, you probably are fast enough to skip or trivialize certain parts. I've done 16m HM with most of the group in augmented WH/EWH (including tanks) and it's not really an issue.

That said, I can certainly understand wanting people to overgear it you happen to be pugging, though the encounter is simple.

I tried Xeno 8m HM with my sorc dd in columi gear and it didn't quite work. It was an alt run from my guild and I don't remember how the others were geared, though columi really is not quite enough. I mean, HM does drop T5, so, yeah.

I tried Xeno 8m HM with my sorc dd in columi gear and it didn't quite work. It was an alt run from my guild and I don't remember how the others were geared, though columi really is not quite enough. I mean, HM does drop T5, so, yeah.

I haven't had an issue yet with people mostly in Columi, but it is my understanding that 8m HM is a bit less loosey goosey than the snorefest that is 16m. Like I said, I haven't bothered with 8m HM yet as I don't see the point.

We three healed 16 HM the other day with all three healers in Columi and a piece or two of BH and I've been in groups where most of the damage dealers were in Columi or WH, as well. We're you augmented?

Edited by ebado

16-man is a lot easier than 8-man anyway.

Some people have done the 16 man HM with only 12 people or even less than that.

If (and only if) the rest of group is good enough, you can have 2 or 3 people who are practically naked, with no gear at all (though they may not be the tanks).

Edited by Eternalnight

For 16 man with a good group, it definitely is. Our last alt run had a significant part of the group in tionese/columi since everyone had ran out of proper alts and we where sc****** the barrel to get the group filled at all without having to pug, so on top of being very badly geared it was most peoples "oh I just hit 50 on this" or "I haven't played this in months" chars.

Having a marauder in the group is key though - the only real DPS check is the cores, and having a marauder (preferably carnage for greater speed) pop predation gives you a few more seconds to hit the core since you get there faster.

I haven't had an issue yet with people mostly in Columi, but it is my understanding that 8m HM is a bit less loosey goosey than the snorefest that is 16m. Like I said, I haven't bothered with 8m HM yet as I don't see the point.

We three healed 16 HM the other day with all three healers in Columi and a piece or two of BH and I've been in groups where most of the damage dealers were in Columi or WH, as well. We're you augmented?

No, I wasn't, only hit 50 just recently and transferred some columi mods via the gree legacy stuff and had a couple WH pieces.

Oh sweet, I can actually try to find a xeno hm group now. Was going to ask if WH would work in place of BH.

Yes, you'd be fine assuming you can play your class well - however, many pug groups don't realize how easy it actually is and/or want more gear to make up for lack of skill, so most announcements I see ask for PVE 61 gear, so you may still have a hard time finding a group. Good luck though.

It really depends. In 16-man the ops leader may not have time to inspect everyone's gear in detail, so you may be able to lie and cheat your way into a group with fairly bad gear.

That is until the group fails to kill the boss and wipes and they start inspecting your gear more closely and you will find yourself to be the first one to be kicked out of the group

Edited by Eternalnight

Yes, you'd be fine assuming you can play your class well - however, many pug groups don't realize how easy it actually is and/or want more gear to make up for lack of skill, so most announcements I see ask for PVE 61 gear, so you may still have a hard time finding a group. Good luck though.

Aside from expertise being useless outside of PvP, are there any other drawbacks to using wh gear in ops?

Thanks

Aside from expertise being useless outside of PvP, are there any other drawbacks to using wh gear in ops?

Thanks

Many of the PvP set bonuses are completely useless in PvE (although there are PvP set bonuses that benefit you in PvE too, depends on the class and spec)

For some classes/specs actually having the PvE set bonus makes a huge difference. For others not so much.

Thanks

Set bonus, as mentioned in the last post (although in some cases the PVP set bonus is better/equal even for PVE), but other than that augmented WH is equivalent to stock rakata. The PVP gear get the expertise at the cost of a a large part of the normal stat budget for that type of item and level being removed.

Exceptions are mainhand and offhand - WH still has the same rating as other 61 items, so a WH main/off hand is slightly better than rakata due to the extra weapon damage and force/tech power making up for the lower stats.

I still plan to get Bh/campaign gear for the pve content I've not done yet, I mainly was wanting to know if my WH gear would get me through HM Xeno. Currently have full weaponmaster set on my full combat specced sentinel. My pve gear as it stands now consists of the columi chest, some level 56 gloves I scored in him d7, and Bh boots and legs. Everything in both sets has been augmented. Thanks again for all the knowledge, much appreciated.

I still plan to get Bh/campaign gear for the pve content I've not done yet, I mainly was wanting to know if my WH gear would get me through HM Xeno. Currently have full weaponmaster set on my full combat specced sentinel. My pve gear as it stands now consists of the columi chest, some level 56 gloves I scored in him d7, and Bh boots and legs. Everything in both sets has been augmented. Thanks again for all the knowledge, much appreciated.

Warhero should be fine as long as you know the mechanics of the fight and how to play your class. Research the fight, and go to an operations dummy and see how much dps you are doing over 6 minutes. If it is over 1500, you should be fine.