in your opinion what's the canon alignment for each class?

_biddan_

i'm using the D&D system for the alignment, this is my opinion on what is possibly going to be canon.

sith warrior: lawful evil (even if all my warriors are light sided i believe that with the background of the warrior lawful evil is the most obvious)

sith inquisitor: chaotic good (the empire enslaved you, this is your chance to show them that you can kick their lower dark side)

imperial agent: lawful neutral (true imperial, that's all)

bounty hunter: chaotic neutral ("credits, cute girls and guns, i'm sold")

jedi knight: neutral good (not always upholding the code, but only if it's necessary to do the right thing)

jedi consular: lawful good (doing everything for the good of the republic with the jedi code always in mind)

smuggler: chaotic good (helping the republic because they pay good and they are the good guys)

trooper: lawful neutral (close to lawful good, but not always good, kicking imps all day doesn't leave enough time to be super good)

what's your opinion?

Interesting post ;)

At first i would say we have 3 groups of character: Republic who are the good ones here, Empire - bad guys, and third part - Smugglers and BHs.

Second.... here are my shots.

Rep characters:

Jedi characters (both) - lawful good without hesitation. Frankly Jedi could work as a deffinition for lawful good alignment. They have a strict code, they're fallowing it, they practically 'live this code' and code is an essence of good and kindness. You are 'the goodest one' in this universe.

Trooper - depends how you see General Garza. Since this game didn't gave me a possibility to play as a Psycho from Crysis: Warhead, i figured out you need to be some kind of lawful neutral type of character. You work as a part of the military, you fallow orders given by your superiors, so this is why lawful. Neutral because sometime 'you need to be cruel to be kind'. And that' it.

Smuggler - tricky one. Anyone should decide how they see this character.

Me? Chaotic good, you don't like any rules, you like to seize the day but as a good guy. This means you will help someone in need, but without any kind of honour-code. No law, no ideas will be behind this action, you will act like this just because you feel it's the right thing to do.

Empire:

Sith warrior: lawful evil, still a bad guy but with some sort of warrior honour-code.

Sith inquisitor: chaotic evil, and i would even said 'hardcore version', the most evil and twisted character you can imagine - yeap this is sith inq. Any good part of her/him is completely out of the question, mainly because you start as a poorly (un?)educated slave (so you wont hear anything about light side), only lesson you learn on Korriban is kill or be killed, you need to go deeper in to the dark side if you have any hope to survive another day. DS as we know is corrupting and you needed it a lot. Most of the game you fight for survival, with many different foes. So there is no chance that you will end up with even 1 light/good side point - so this is why evil.

Chaotic? Because any kind of law or order you know was being used to kill you (last boss and everything he represents). So you have strong aversion to such thing.

Imp agent: depends on you choice with Darth Jadus. Story-wise I think you will be his pawn. Codex is saying he carefully choosing his servants, that he's only choosing agents for servants, and they practically worship him. So it would be neutral evil.

BH: Not good and not evil, tho you have some sort of code - you never cheat, you carry on the errend you was tasked without any funny business. Yes you are doing dirty work, but you don't take any pleasure from it. If it would be to kill some good guy with right money - so be it, if it would be taking down some scum - you're in. So lawful netural.

Edited by MasterBLASTERpl

Jedi Knight- Well depends. Either Neutral Good or Lawful Good

Jedi Consular- Lawful Good

Trooper- Poster boy, you're Lawful Good. If you kill'em all and let the force sort it out and do every dirty trick in the book, Lawful Evil

Smuggler: Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral. Depends on if you build your own criminal empire or not.

Sith Warrior: Neutral Evil

Inquisitor: Chaotic Evil

IA: Depends, but honestly True Neutral. Just depends on which way you go with that story

BH: Lawful Evil. You take a contract, you do said contract, you collect the money and you really don't care what the contract is.

based on the stories and their default (always choosing option 1 in conversations):

Jedi Knight and Consular: LG - follows the code of the Jedi very strictly and never wavers, but that does mean going against the Republic's military goals now and again.

Bounty Hunter: NE - makes and breaks alliances equally easily. Once the job is done she moves on. She sides with the Empire only because "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." If there's ever an opportunity to break away from the Empire she would jump at it.

Smuggler: CG to start, shifts more NG - fact is that the smuggler is modeled on Han Solo's progression through the OT story. At first he's all about the money, nothing more nothing less, but generally does the right thing along the way. But as the story moves along he "sees the light," and recognizes that the Empire needs to be dealt with.

Sith Warrior and Inquisitor: CE - he now has the power and wants to use it no matter the consequences. He is self-centered and enjoys it when others suffer. Kills on a whim without remorse.

Have not played Trooper or agent yet so cannot really comment.

The way I have played my characters is as follows:

Jedi Knight (Guardian): LG - obeys the code to the letter, with the only exception being romance: he lied to the masters on Tython regarding the Padawan couple and he romanced and married Kira. Saves innocent lives regardless of the consequences, never kills unless he has to.

Smuggler (Scoundrel): Chaotic neutral (with good tendencies) - in chapter 1, he was all about the credits, someone paid him enough he would just about anything, including turning a blind eye to evil doings. Chapters 2 & 3, He quickly learned to hate all imperials and kills them on sight, even if it means some collateral damage, although he does try to minimize it.

Bounty Hunter (Mercenary): LN - Honorable. Captures rather than kills unless absolutely necessary, protects her friends and allies with a devotion rarely seen. Just don't get on her bad side.

Sith Inquisitor (Assassin): LE - yes he was a slave, but now he's better than that and has the power to prove it. That being said, he does not kill on a whim; he would rather capture and put as many persons through what he had to deal with - slavery.

Jedi Consular (Sage): LN (with evil tendencies) - She openly flirts with breaking the Jedi code but does not actively disobey the Jedi Council (she does "modify" orders now and again though). She hates the empire with a passion and kills all imperials on sight.

Jedi Knight (Guardian): LG - obeys the code to the letter, with the only exception being romance: he lied to the masters on Tython regarding the Padawan couple and he romanced and married Kira. Saves innocent lives regardless of the consequences, never kills unless he has to.

Isn't that actually going against the Jedi Code?

On Star Wars The Clone Wars...the Jedi Council seem very much "ruthless calculus". They even get very upset when Anakin goes to save another Jedi Master.

This is why I assumed my Jedi was more of a Neutral Good...because he would do what Anakin did in the clone wars...and take the chance to save everyone he could..."regardless of the consequences".

Edited by VitalityPrime

I believe Sith Inquisitor is True Neutral, actually. He works Light Side to attain Ashara's ghost and later, her loyalty, but also does Dark Side to ensure Khem's true respect. His entire existence revolves around erasing any sorting of binding from himself - not revenge, not power, not victory over the Republic. Just ensuring he can do as he wills, without being forced to serve any higher master. Everyone else is simply a means to that end, or an obstacle opposing it. That doesn't make him evil, as he isn't actively malicious, petty, etc, just a very, very powerful man trying to survive the dangerous life he lives.

Sith Warrior is Lawful Evil. He serves the Emperor, and will destroy any who oppose him or his master.

Trooper is Lawful Neutral/Good. Fighting a war doesn't always give you the option of being the good guy, but he does what he does for the Republic. The ends justify the means, right?

Imperial Agent is the same as Trooper, except Lawful Neutral/Evil.

Jedi Consular is Neutral Good. He lives to serve the Order and the Republic, and from the beginning he is sacrificing his very life for that.

Bounty Hunter is Chaotic Neutral. Whatever is best in life, good or bad, legal or illegal.

I haven't played much of the Jedi Knight or Smuggler storylines, so I can't speak for them, and obviously I've loved and completed Sith Inquisitor. I've also done Sith Warrior, but he's much more of a blank slate than the Inquisitor is.

I believe Sith Inquisitor is True Neutral, actually. He works Light Side to attain Ashara's ghost and later, her loyalty, but also does Dark Side to ensure Khem's true respect. His entire existence revolves around erasing any sorting of binding from himself - not revenge, not power, not victory over the Republic. Just ensuring he can do as he wills, without being forced to serve any higher master. Everyone else is simply a means to that end, or an obstacle opposing it. That doesn't make him evil, as he isn't actively malicious, petty, etc, just a very, very powerful man trying to survive the dangerous life he lives.

Sith Warrior is Lawful Evil. He serves the Emperor, and will destroy any who oppose him or his master.

Trooper is Lawful Neutral/Good. Fighting a war doesn't always give you the option of being the good guy, but he does what he does for the Republic. The ends justify the means, right?

Imperial Agent is the same as Trooper, except Lawful Neutral/Evil.

Jedi Consular is Neutral Good. He lives to serve the Order and the Republic, and from the beginning he is sacrificing his very life for that.

Bounty Hunter is Chaotic Neutral. Whatever is best in life, good or bad, legal or illegal.

I haven't played much of the Jedi Knight or Smuggler storylines, so I can't speak for them, and obviously I've loved and completed Sith Inquisitor. I've also done Sith Warrior, but he's much more of a blank slate than the Inquisitor is.

Actually disagree with the Agent. True Neutral and depending on your choices will choose your alignment.

I mean you can be the Republic Double agent, a solo agent, or incharge of Sith Intelligence. It's literally all upon you. Why I consider the agent true neutral.

Actually disagree with the Agent. True Neutral and depending on your choices will choose your alignment.

I mean you can be the Republic Double agent, a solo agent, or incharge of Sith Intelligence. It's literally all upon you. Why I consider the agent true neutral.

my operative is true neutral (with good tendencies) and i

sided with the republic at the end

Well, still fairly new to the game, but a long time D&D player so here goes:

Jedi - Lawful Neutral by default. Many are Lawful Good or Neutral Good. But with the Jedi, it seems they're focused mainly on following the Code and keeping to law and order no matter what. They prefer the side of good, but the Code is what matters most.

Smuggler - Chaotic Good for the most part, though this can range from Chaotic Neutral to Chaotic Evil. Essentially, they're Chaotic, since they're all about personal freedom.

Trooper - Lawful Neutral. A good solider always follows orders, irregardless of those orders.

Sith Warrior - Lawful Evil. You are honorable, won't break the law easily, but you are also ruthless and value your self interests. You obey your masters and look for loopholes an legal ways to move up the chain of command.

Sith Inquisitor - Chaotic. What type of Chaotic varies. Not really sure what the default here would be.

Bounty Hunter - Neutral Evil. He's out for himself, his wealth, and will switch sides if offered enough money. Now you could play one to be more Chaotic Good, valuing your freedom and independence.

Imperial Agent - Lawful Neutral. They do what they're told and follows the orders of their agency. They are given freedom to do as they please while on the mission, but they're still lawful because they're obeying the orders of their agency.

Jedi Consular = Lawful Good - Obeys a code and does what is right.

Jedi Knight = Neutral Good - Moderates the code with practicality, but tries to do good.

Smuggler = Chaotic Good/Neutral - Does what he feels like, and tries to do good, but is tempted at times.

Trooper = Lawful Neutral - If you obey General Garza's orders then you commit a mixture of good and evil in the name of the republic.

Sith Warrior = Neutral Evil - You obey Baras then the Emperor, so not chaotic, but you have planty of scope for minor insubordination and rebellion, and obviously Evil.

Sith Inquisitor = Chaotic Evil - you do what you like and build a powerbase, your mentor is a stepping stone and you show little or no restraint.

Bounty Hunter = Lawful Neutral - you honour a contract, but avoid unnecessary bloodshed, since this reduces your workload.

Imperial Agent = ???? - an extremely flexible story, this one you can play anyway you like, and it feels right, personally I feel Lawful Neutral works best for roleplay.