Force Sensitivity other than through Birth

persianiceman

If you want to get REALLY technical, since (almost) all things are connected to the force, everyone is born with force-sensitivity...it is only a matter of to what degree. For most that sensitivity is so infinitesimal that they are deemed not force sensitive.

So as far as your question goes...it does not work that way. One may be recognized as force-sensitive later in life (i.e. Darth Bane, Corran Horn, heck technically even Anakin Skywalker), but you are either born with it or not.

Scepter of Marka Ragnos is one example.

As said, most living beings ought to be connected to the Force in some way, Force-sensitives simply possess the means to draw upon that connection in some capacity. There have been example of artifacts (usually Dark-side in nature) or spirits triggering or granting Force-sensitivity by infusing a being with certain energies. Though whether that could be considered true Force-sensitivity might be called into question if you consider that subject a simple vessel for Force energies rather than Force-sensitive.

Then again, one might consider all Jedi and Sith mere 'vessels' for Force energies.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I understand that everyone is connected to the force. I guess i'm talking about increasing a "non-force-sensitive" to the point where they could train to become a Jedi/SIth/

I know there have been Jedi who completely cut themselves off from the force (can't remember her name from the Revan Books for example) but I can't think of an example of someone who isn't force sensitive enough for training... Kinda like a success from the Rakata experiments to regain their force sensitivity after they lost it.

Anything?`

EDIT: Just read the last post mentioning the Scepter of Ragnos. Stuff like that is EXACTLY what i'm looking for. Anyone know of anything else?

Edited by persianiceman

Minor spoilers for the most recent novel:

Crucible has some Columi (the race, not the gear obviously) who open up a Dark Side nexus of some kind and jump in to become Force sensitive. This is very much a 'deal with the devil' kind of arrangement though (they sent a Mandalorian in first and he kind of went insane, and Han flat-out declines the shadows when they offer it to him) so it's not something you'd see for a Jedi.

Perhaps this counts, perhaps it doesn't, but apparently Jorge Car'das somehow absorbed some of Yoda's jedi healing power that was used on him and gained some minor degree of precognition. He later was able to train in the force, though he was never exceptionally gifted in it.

The Imperial Remnant had a project to create force-powered stormtroopers. With the help of the Sith Desann, the managed to gain access to the Valley of the Jedi and artificially imbue soldiers with the force, which was then enhanced with Artusian Crystals, and then issued them lightsabers powered by synthetic crystals. There's also the Reborn, who were also infused with the force via the Valley, although they were members of the "Emperor's Youth" and not technically soldiers. This all comes from the Jedi Knight series, which is, as far as I know, considered canon by most (Not sure if Disney or George would agree though.)

The Imperial Remnant had a project to create force-powered stormtroopers. With the help of the Sith Desann, the managed to gain access to the Valley of the Jedi and artificially imbue soldiers with the force, which was then enhanced with Artusian Crystals, and then issued them lightsabers powered by synthetic crystals. There's also the Reborn, who were also infused with the force via the Valley, although they were members of the "Emperor's Youth" and not technically soldiers. This all comes from the Jedi Knight series, which is, as far as I know, considered canon by most (Not sure if Disney or George would agree though.)

Do we know if that effect was a permanent effect or something that only worked when they were in the Valley?