Covert Energy Helmet!

Yes, I know, we already have an option to hide the head slot. However, some helmets replace the hood (if it exists) on armor, and what we still don't have is a hood toggle. An invisible helmet that replaces hoods would be a nice alternative, and yes, I would pay for chances to get the thing in a pack. Edited by DakhathKilrathi

• 3 weeks later...

I actually really like this idea! :)

But as other headpieces (even circlets) that make hoods disappear turn my Miraluka's mask into those horrible little sunglasses looking things, I fear that such a headpiece would wind up doing the same even if it was invisible.

Hood toggles are coming in the next QoL update, don't worry OP.

Is this confirmed? I know they gave us an "eventually" some time around a year ago, but I jut got back from a long break and I haven't seen anything official saying that it will be here soon.

• 9 months later...

But as other headpieces (even circlets) that make hoods disappear turn my Miraluka's mask into those horrible little sunglasses looking things, I fear that such a headpiece would wind up doing the same even if it was invisible.

As a late response to this, I'm absolutely okay with the hood disappearing if that's the only way to go. I understand and recognize that a toggle in a traditional sense would mean a lot of coding for each piece of armor.

That's not what this suggestion intends. This is just a simple hood replacement. It's better than nothing.

Sadly, that's almost inevitable, since it seems to be a switch on *all* headgear. Which is annoying. Given that, from what I've heard and read and seen of Miraluka elsewhere (never actually played Kotor or met Visas Marr), an unveiled Miraluka (if not mutilated, anyway) seems to just have a shallow concave depression between brow ridge and cheekbone- i.e. *not* cadaverous hollow sockets *or* creepy dead-looking vestigial eyes... so hardly too horrific for viewing! -I really don't see why the 'headgear' option shouldn't be 'unveiled because wearing hat', not "wearing weird metal clips that have got a *bolt* on the side of them looking like they've been screwed into your *head*.

• 1 month later...

Eric? Or whomever decides this?

I know it was said on Twitch that hiding the head slot was thought to cover all bases, it doesn't.

Apart from all the arguments sofar. here's another more aesthetically based argument. Companion Gear.

There's two different groups here, companions on which armor does not show at all, and those who do not show just the head gear or hand wraps or boots. The latter group is covered with the current covert energy gear, just use the corresponding item since using 'visible' armor makes no sense on those companions.

However, for the companions not showing any equipped armor (e.g. Blizz, Khem Val) you can use covert energy for all slots but the head slot. (and pants)

Again, since it is absolutely of no use putting 'visible' armor on them, the Covert Energy set is the preferred set for me. But I still have to put on a non-matching helmet on them.

So, for my companions sake who are dying to get a full matching set of armor. And for my sanity's sake to make them stop bothering me for one.

PLEASE GIVE THEM A COVERT HELMET ! (and pants)

Edited by LeJarC

• 3 months later...

So now that the hood toggle appears to be off the table, can someone take another look at adding this? An invisible helmet that hides hoods might not be a toggle, but it's a good compromise.

If the issue is the whole "hide head slot" functionality and the cost to F2P, put it in the cartel market for the same cost as that unlock. I'd still buy it. So would plenty of others.

Yes, I know, we already have an option to hide the head slot. However, some helmets replace the hood (if it exists) on armor, and what we still don't have is a hood toggle. An invisible helmet that replaces hoods would be a nice alternative, and yes, I would pay for chances to get the thing in a pack.

I am wholly in favor of this item. I made the exact same suggestion over on the Hood Toggle thread. If we can't have the hood toggle (and the staff has said they're not working on it), then at the very least we would like something that anyone can wear which is both invisible and drops the hood. It would take literally NO additional design work, and it would be absurdly easy to create. People would be buying these things left and right.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, I know, we already have an option to hide the head slot. However, some helmets replace the hood (if it exists) on armor, and what we still don't have is a hood toggle. An invisible helmet that replaces hoods would be a nice alternative, and yes, I would pay for chances to get the thing in a pack.

I'd buy that :)

I want this just so I don't have to keep taking my companions' helmets off for cut-scenes. Getting a new cartel market item seems far more likely than getting a bug fixed. :(

Agreed. Its a way for them to make money off something we should be able to do anyway. Its exactly the same as us asking for hoods to be hideable. How many times did we see people in the movies taking off their hoods or putting them up after all?

I'm not asking for some elaborite animated "Reaches up and dramatically raised/lowers hood" that -some- are demanding animation, nor am I asking for hoods to show up draped on characters backs, I just want the option for them to not be there if we don't want them (especially since they make you bald) but it makes me sigh/facepalm every cutscene where a comp is talking with the ugly helmet I have "Hide" checked on their tab showing in all its un-unified ugliness.

90% of the headgear, be it helmets ir hoods are in my opinion U-A-F and aside from unequipping, (which doesnt work for the baldo hoods) we need a better option regarding them