These Forums D:

Ugh. I don't get people on these forums. They are constantly complaining about how much they dislike so many aspects of this game, & all the "mistakes," & all the "improvements" that should be made. But only subscribers can use these forums - these trolls & haters are still paying to play this game, which must mean that they still enjoy it.

I think I won't even try to browse the forums after Treek & The BBA & what not are released. You think there's heat on them now, just wait til they come out, when people can blast the Hell out of them with how ~they think it should be set up.

I love this game, it's immersive & fun to play & there's a lot of amazing content, & I am really excited to see all the new stuff that's coming out soon. I just wish there could be more pleasant people around to say the same.

So you have posted a thread to complain about complaints....

Seriously this isn't any more constructive and like the thousands before it will change nothing.

This is what MMO forums are. People have no where else to voice their issues and people with no issues are playing the game. Why is anyone surprised by this after a decade of MMOs and toxic forums that swtor's are the same.

I find when you look past most of the QQ, the footstomping, and the demands, you find out the subtext is a player who cares about the game who wants to see improvements but has difficulty expressing that. It is easier for them to be angry than sad. If they would stop, breathe, and create a positive and constructive thread with feedback, they might just get heard by the powers-that-be. Instead, their lunatic style ranting, QQ, and name calling lands them in even more hot water when people stop seeing their point of view, and start seeing them as an idiot. They are not stupid, but perception is everything.

Are you saying you don't get those people?

i dunno, read my grammar and confused myself ;)

Really just tired of complaints about complaints. So of course I opted to complain about complaints over other complaints. :D

Only difference I don't mind the complaints. Rather have them here than general chat.

i dunno, read my grammar and confused myself ;)

Really just tired of complaints about complaints. So of course I opted to complain about complaints over other complaints. :D

Only difference I don't mind the complaints. Rather have them here than general chat.

This could go on forever, if you let it.

I find when you look past most of the QQ, the footstomping, and the demands, you find out the subtext is a player who cares about the game who wants to see improvements but has difficulty expressing that. It is easier for them to be angry than sad. If they would stop, breathe, and create a positive and constructive thread with feedback, they might just get heard by the powers-that-be. Instead, their lunatic style ranting, QQ, and name calling lands them in even more hot water when people stop seeing their point of view, and start seeing them as an idiot. They are not stupid, but perception is everything.

Internet anonymity also lets people go a lot further than they would normally go. Pretty sure most of the angry posters would be singing praises if they met a dev (unless there's an open bar of course).

I find when you look past most of the QQ, the footstomping, and the demands, you find out the subtext is a player who cares about the game who wants to see improvements but has difficulty expressing that.

Dear old dad used to say, one "you screwed up" ruins nine "atta-boys".

He's right.

The funny thing is...

Those who are raging about how this game sucks while paying for it, and probably mostly enjoying it, will tell you they are just trying to bring up frustrating areas they hope the developers work on. They are venting their frustrations in order to improve the game by bringing up problems. They think if they rage and threaten the developers will pay more attention to them, since obviously they are outraged at these various slaps in the face and should act on the screamers demands immediately. i.e. the loud and squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Yet, at the Dallas Cantina tour stop, the BW employees there seemed to indicated that they pretty much don't take these threats and ragers seriously. They usually simply dismiss these outraged complainers. They do listen to well thought out and presented suggestions and arguments, but ignore the trollish screamers and their threats.

In other words, these pissed off but paying people are not accomplishing what they are claiming they set out to do, since their raging simply causes the developers to ignore them and not take them seriously.

But, in my opinion, these ragers know this, they aren't that stupid. "I care about the future of the game and am only trying to present problems that need to be addressed" is simply an excuse to troll. I'm not buying it. You are a troll, and like ************ and whining. Quit pretending otherwise.

I buy it as much as I buy that gankers in WoW are really just trying to encourage world PvP by drawing out higher level PvPers to lowbie areas.

Edited by Tyrloch

Dear old dad used to say, one "you screwed up" ruins nine "atta-boys".

He's right.

That's very true. But, wouldn't the correct action be "Ok Bioware. You messed up, and here's how we keep from doing that again." Unfortunately, the typical constructive feedback by most posters is limited to "Way to go BioFail!!! My Legacy Level means **** ! I should just wipe my ******* *** with it for all it is ******* worth! GG! LOSERS!" I think if more people acknowledged the Dev's errors, and offered a positive spin on the "you screwed up", it would likely give them better direction and guidance for future endeavors. It is not a fool proof plan, but I find I get a much faster and more positive response from BW/EA when I ask a direct and non-loaded question.

That's very true. But, wouldn't the correct action be "Ok Bioware. You messed up, and here's how we keep from doing that again." Unfortunately, the typical constructive feedback by most posters is limited to "Way to go BioFail!!! My Legacy Level means **** ! I should just wipe my ******* *** with it for all it is ******* worth! GG! LOSERS!" I think if more people acknowledged the Dev's errors, and offered a positive spin on the "you screwed up", it would likely give them better direction and guidance for future endeavors. It is not a fool proof plan, but I find I get a much faster and more positive response from BW/EA when I ask a direct and non-loaded question.

Correct? Constructive?

These are not things that one can base an episode of Jerry Springer on.

I spent quite a bit of time on the Marvel Heroes forum after launch and if you think SWTOR is bad, well, lets just say I haven't been on those forums for some time now . . . :o

Anyway, criticism is an essential part of any game, and players have a right to say what they feel needs improving. Many will simply want to help improve the game, but the problem is such arguments can end up becoming full of personal insults, irrelevant topics or totally based on personal opinions. Criticism needs to be constructive if it wants to be helpful.

The funny thing is...

Those who are raging about how this game sucks while paying for it, and probably mostly enjoying it, will tell you they are just trying to bring up frustrating areas they hoe the developers work on. They are venting thoer frustrations in order to improve the gme by bringing up problems. They think if they rage and threaten the developers will pay more attention to them, since obviously they are outraged at these various slaps in the face and should act on the screamers demands immediately. i.e. the loud and sqeaky wheel gets the grease.

Yet, at the Dallas Cantina tour stop, the BW employees there seemed to indicated that they pretty much don't take these threats and ragers seriously. They usually simply dismiss these outraged complainers. They do listen to well thought out and presented suggestions and arguments, but ignore the trollish screamers and their threats.

In other words, these pissed off but paying people are not accomplishing what they are claiming they set out to do, since their raging simply causes the developers to ignore them and not take them seriously.

But, in my opinion, these ragers know this, they aren't that stupid. "I care about the future of the game and am only trying to present problems that need to be addressed" is simply an excuse to troll. I'm not buying it. You are a troll, and like ************ and whining. Quit pretending otherwise.

I buy it as much as I buy that gankers in WoW are really just trying to encourage world PvP by drawing out higher level PvPers to lowbie areas.

/Agree.

Funny how they continue to pay-2-rage too. :)

They are constantly complaining about how much they dislike so many aspects of this game, & all the "mistakes," & all the "improvements" that should be made. But only subscribers can use these forums - these trolls & haters are still paying to play this game, which must mean that they still enjoy it.

..........in your opinion.

I love this game, it's immersive & fun to play & there's a lot of amazing content, & I am really excited to see all the new stuff that's coming out soon. I just wish there could be more pleasant people around to say the same.

You've praised the game. Well done.

Some people praise the game, some people hate on the game, some people give their reasonings behind their opinions, some people suggest ways to improve the game.....this you haven't done.

All you've done about is complained about the complainers.

Not a very constructive post.

..........in your opinion.

You've praised the game. Well done.

Some people praise the game, some people hate on the game, some people give their reasonings behind their opinions, some people suggest ways to improve the game.....this you haven't done.

All you've done about is complained about the complainers.

Not a very constructive post.

Neither are most of your posts it seems.

Ugh. I don't get people on these forums. They are constantly complaining about how much they dislike so many aspects of this game, & all the "mistakes," & all the "improvements" that should be made. But only subscribers can use these forums - these trolls & haters are still paying to play this game, which must mean that they still enjoy it.

I think I won't even try to browse the forums after Treek & The BBA & what not are released. You think there's heat on them now, just wait til they come out, when people can blast the Hell out of them with how ~they think it should be set up.

Can you pay for and enjoy a pepperoni pizza and still wish that it had more pepperoni or more cheese?

Paying the sub does not mean that we believe that the game is perfect and without fault. The devs know that the game is not perfect which is why they are working so hard to bring us new stuff and fixes.

Because, simply, that forums are the voice of the players and players who are unhappy tend to be much more vocal than those who are.

Forums replace snail-mail and e-mail as ways for the customer to relate their issues while also allowing discussion on those issues. This is especially true of General Forums in MMO's that tend to be the place to go to put your gripe out there for debate.

That you did exactly what you are whining about is the definition of irony, however.

You have to figure if the same people for months are still posting so many complaints, they must like something about this game or else they wouldn't be paying 15 dollars a month to be a sub. Unless of course they're on the pay2complain subscription plan rolleyes:

Perhaps I'm simple folk but I really don't see as the problems some people seemed to care about so much as a big deal and a grand majority of problems that exist seem to vastly blown out of proportion. There are some legit complaints but nothings really got between my amusement with this game.

Edited by Nickious

It's difficult to provide a well written and succinct suggestion to the devs when folks like you and Andryah come along and say, "You're completely off base, just be glad with what you have."

It's difficult to provide a well written and succinct suggestion to the devs when folks like you and Andryah come along and say, "You're completely off base, just be glad with what you have."

Difficult in what way?

The devs are going to sort through all this and decide whatever they decide contingent on what they think is wise.

I don't see how the presence of dissenting opinions changes that. Unless you're afraid of people disagreeing with you in a general sense for some reason...

Edited by SkunkWerks