cartel market items

Tralan

Im confused how these work, like whats adaptive armor and if buy lightsaber does the force power get higher when your level goes up? I know I would have to mod them but do the other stats on these items change? example the damage on the saber.

ive tried asking in chat but ofcourse all I get are bunch trolls answering their sarcastic remarks

any advice be greatly appreciated

Im confused how these work, like whats adaptive armor and if buy lightsaber does the force power get higher when your level goes up? I know I would have to mod them but do the other stats on these items change? example the damage on the saber.

ive tried asking in chat but ofcourse all I get are bunch trolls answering their sarcastic remarks

any advice be greatly appreciated

Adaptive armor just means it will become what ever armor type you can wear, say you are a heavy armor class, the adaptive armor becomes heavy. Your companions wears light armor, the adaptive armor becomes light.

Damage on your saber depends on how high quality your Hilt is. Say you are using a green Hilt mod, your damage might be 50, you use a blue one, damage will be 60, with a purple one your damage would be 75 (the numbers are just an example based off quality). The higher level the Hilt and the better quality is it will mean more damage rating on your weapon.

i think the force power goes up as you put higher level mods into the weapon. Don't quote me on that one though.

Edited by Hoshkar

i think the force power goes up as you put higher level mods into the weapon. Don't quote me on that one though.

The force power is based off either the hilt in the weapon, or the armor plating if you are using a generator/focus offhand.

Cartel weapons do not scale with level, they have a certain baseline Damage and Power and the only way to make this better is to stick better Hilts / Barrels inside them. Level of your Hilt / Barrel mod determines the Damage / Power of any moddable weapon.

Adaptive Armor also does not scale with level, but it does scale with your character's Armor Proficiency.

Simplistic example:

• You buy an Adaptive Bikini because you like feeling pretty.
  • Your character has Light Armor proficiency. This Bikini has 100 Armor when you equip it.
  • You buy another Bikini for your Companion, Corso Riggs, because he also likes feeling pretty.
  • Corso has Heavy Armor proficiency. When he equips it, the Bikini suddenly has 400 Armor, because it scaled up to match his strongest armor proficiency.

Adaptive armor, like all moddable armor, also scales with the quality of the mods you put inside it. Example:

• You level for 20 levels and decide you don't want to get rid of your pretty Bikini because it makes you feel pretty.
  • So you hit the GTN and buy a Fabulous Armoring 14, which fits the Armor slot of your adaptive Bikini, and this magical example Armoring has Rating 100.
  • You put this Rating 100 Armoring in your Adaptive Bikini. Even though you have Light proficiency, suddenly your Bikini has 1500 Armor, because you put a high-level Armoring inside it.
  • Corso, meanwhile, still has only 400 Armor, despite his Heavy proficiency, because his Bikini has no armoring mod and is still using its baseline item level.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

To recap:

• Moddable Weapon: Has only its baseline Damage / Power.
  • Hilt: Increases your Damage / Power based on quality of hilt / barrel (for guns).
  • Adaptive Armor: Has only its baseline Armor level, but this baseline scales by your strongest Armor proficiency.
  • Armoring: Increases the Armor of your adaptive piece based on the Rating of the Armoring, and also additionally scales further based on your strongest Armor proficiency.

Edited by SW_display_name

Cartel weapons do not scale with level, they have a certain baseline Damage and Power and the only way to make this better is to stick better Hilts / Barrels inside them. Level of your Hilt / Barrel mod determines the Damage / Power of any moddable weapon.

Adaptive Armor also does not scale with level, but it does scale with your character's Armor Proficiency.

Simplistic example:

• You buy an Adaptive Bikini because you like feeling pretty.
  • Your character has Light Armor proficiency. This Bikini has 100 Armor when you equip it.
  • You buy another Bikini for your Companion, Corso Riggs, because he also likes feeling pretty.
  • Corso has Heavy Armor proficiency. When he equips it, the Bikini suddenly has 400 Armor, because it scaled up to match his strongest armor proficiency.

Adaptive armor, like all moddable armor, also scales with the quality of the mods you put inside it. Example:

• You level for 20 levels and decide you don't want to get rid of your pretty Bikini because it makes you feel pretty.
  • So you hit the GTN and buy a Fabulous Armoring 14, which fits the Armor slot of your adaptive Bikini, and this magical example Armoring has Rating 100.
  • You put this Rating 100 Armoring in your Adaptive Bikini. Even though you have Light proficiency, suddenly your Bikini has 1500 Armor, because you put a high-level Armoring inside it.
  • Corso, meanwhile, still has only 400 Armor, despite his Heavy proficiency, because his Bikini has no armoring mod and is still using its baseline item level.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

To recap:

• Moddable Weapon: Has only its baseline Damage / Power.
  • Hilt: Increases your Damage / Power based on quality of hilt / barrel (for guns).
  • Adaptive Armor: Has only its baseline Armor level, but this baseline scales by your strongest Armor proficiency.
  • Armoring: Increases the Armor of your adaptive piece based on the Rating of the Armoring, and also additionally scales further based on your strongest Armor proficiency.

You missed one other very important point regarding armor. How much armor "value" a piece has depends on the slot it goes in. IOW, at the same "weight" and rating, an armor piece for head, chest, or legs will have a greater armor "value" than one for hands, feet, wrists, or waist.

Here are the actual nubmers for an "empty" shell (Rating 8):

Light armor:

Head chest or legs: 10

Other slots: 6

Medium armor:

Head chest or legs: 20

Other slots: 13

Heavy armor:

Head chest or legs: 32

Other slots: 20

And with a low-grade armoring slotted (specifically a "green" Armoring 3, which is Rating 30 and requires level 11):

Light armor:

Head chest or legs: 70

Other slots: 44

Medium armor:

Head chest or legs: 109

Other slots: 68

Heavy armor:

Head chest or legs: 153

Other slots: 95

Even though you put an identical armoring into the piece, which piece you put it in makes a big difference in how much benefit it provides. So along with making sure you have the right "weight" of armor for your class (and that's done for you automatically with "adaptive" armor), you generally should upgrade the armorings in your head, chest, and leg pieces first, as these will give you a greater increase in armor value when you upgrade.

(Also, when you view an adaptive armor piece, the tooltip will give a different numbers depending on the character you are viewing it with, and your currently summoned companion. So if you are a smuggler, and you have Corso summoned, the tooltip for an empty adaptive chestpiece will say

"20 armor for <yourname>

32 armor for Corso".

But if you are a knight and have Kira suimmoned, the exact same pieces will say

"32 armor for <yourname>.

10 armor for Kira."

But if it is Medium armor (not adaptive), an empty chestpiece will just say "20 armor".

Edited by Adric_the_Red