[Slicing] You have HOW much money?

Fdzzaigl

I'm currently a level 23 vanguard with the Armormech / Underworld Trading / Scavenging professions.

When I selected my professions upon reaching the station, I was really wondering whether to pick UT or slicing. But as I had heard slicing had been nerfed to bring it up to speed with the other professions and UT is relevant for armormech, I just took that in order to get it leveled up before endgame.

The big surprise came today when I talked to a guildie, a level 24 commando, who had just leveled up slicing to 300. I asked him how much money he had, the answer: 150k, almost three times as much as me, with about 60k.

Now, you should realise that I didn't buy anything (at all) from any vendor or the GTN, except for training and commendation stuff, while he admitted to buying quite a few social items and things on the GTN. I did do a lot of PvP and could perhaps have gotten more trash item money if I didn't.

I'm really considering dropping UT now as the rewards are basically just vendor trash, with there being little to no demand for them atm. At least until endgame.

But I wonder what effect this will have on the game's economy, all this money that is basically just printed can cause quite a bit of inflation. I also find it rather irritating that the difference with other mission skills is that large.

So, to all slicers, how much money do you make / have at your current skill level? And have you noticed the difference with people who don't have it?

Edited by Fdzzaigl

U see, I have Bio+Bio+Slice, i'm crafting stims, medpacks for myself and doing Slicing missions.

They fail from time to time, from time to time they give you less then you paid for mission. From time to time they crit.

If you send your pet to a mission just as soon as he arrives, you'll be able to earn some money.

BUT!

Thats the key part.

I dont have blue reagents for my Bio, so if'd like to craft some blue stims/items or get epic endless stuff, I need to buy all it on AH.

So all the money you get from Slicing are spent for another profession's items.

Right now i'm 16 and i have something near 15k with 150 skill level

/sry for my english

level 18, 200 or so slicing and I have 50k.

In the beta I got to 350 slicing by level 30 and had hundreds of thousands of credits. I seriously can't imagine playing without it, at least whilst leveling up. I'll probably drop it for bio or cybertech at endgame though.

I'm currently a level 23 vanguard with the Armormech / Underworld Trading / Scavenging professions.

Lvl 20 Commando with the same skills and i have stopped doing Underworld Trading because its so expensive to level.

Making Blue or even Purple items? Maybe at level 50 but not before that.

U see, I have Bio+Bio+Slice, i'm crafting stims, medpacks for myself and doing Slicing missions.

They fail from time to time, from time to time they give you less then you paid for mission. From time to time they crit.

If you send your pet to a mission just as soon as he arrives, you'll be able to earn some money.

BUT!

Thats the key part.

I dont have blue reagents for my Bio, so if'd like to craft some blue stims/items or get epic endless stuff, I need to buy all it on AH.

So all the money you get from Slicing are spent for another profession's items.

Right now i'm 16 and i have something near 15k with 150 skill level

/sry for my english

Usually people only start using the AH intensively at the level cap.

At least, that's what they should do if they're smart, you don't really need anything from the AH while leveling up, as you'll replace it.