Easiest Way to Get a Legacy Saber

Talyndor

I am not a PvP'er and I really dislike this new Gree nonsense, but it would be useful (for obvious reasons) to have a saber that I can use to transfer hilts between toons.

Does anyone know the fastest way to get this done in this silly Gree event? I ran a few dailies (got kilt 3x by PvP'er....TYVM Bioware!), and my rewards were not the tokens you can use to get weapons but rep rewards, so I am confused.

Any help would be appreciated, b/c right now I am inclined to skip this event entirely.

If the calculation done by others is correct, we won't be able to get enough reputation (because of the weekly reputation cap) to buy the weapons within the 2 weeks of the event. So there will be other events that will grant reputation to them (or BW changes the cap).

Farming reputation is pretty easy, if you don't want to do the quests just farm the world bosses, most of the time you will get a token that gives you 640 reputation (got 3 of them out of 4 boss kills).

As long as you don't have the rep, you don't need to care about the tokens to buy the weapon, but anyways, you get 1 from the daily Heroic, 6 from the 16m SM Ops boss (you will need the 2nd reputation-rank, don't know what it's called in english), 8 from the 16m HM Ops boss (same as SM). So you could easily get enough of them within those 2 weeks to buy a saber. But then again, the reputation is the problem...

Edited by iphobia

Thanks for the info.

TBH, for my purposes, it's not worth it. I have a legacy weapon I can use to transfer crystals and barrels. I just wanted one for hilts, but that is not overly urgent.

Note to Bioware; What a poorly designed event! I am skipping it entirely.

As long as you keep yourself unflagged you don't have to do any PvP at all and can just skip the "PvP" missions. I say "PvP" because the only thing PvP about them is that they require you to enter a PvP area.... and area where absolutely NO PvP is going on. (See above commenters signature)

I tried to keep myself unflagged. No such luck. I confess to not understanding the rationale (or the mechanics) of flagging people for PvP who do not want to be PvP, but there it is.

Without ever asking for it, I was getting flagged repeatedly (I say repeatedly, b/c I went to safe area to remove the flag, then when I returned, i got flagged again). As an aside, i avoided the PvP area all the time. Or at least I am 97% certain that i did b/c i was in areas there were many non-PvP'ers and I was looking at my map for guidance, as well.

Edited by Talyndor

The secret is not to use *any* AoE abilities (and that includes your companion!) Any AoE ability can flag you if someone who is flagged is within range at the time you use it.

No AoE, no PVP.

I did not know that. Thank you VERY much for the advice!

Edited by Talyndor

As long as you keep yourself unflagged you don't have to do any PvP at all and can just skip the "PvP" missions. I say "PvP" because the only thing PvP about them is that they require you to enter a PvP area.... and area where absolutely NO PvP is going on. (See above commenters signature)

I have to disagree I'm in shadowlands and every time I enter the place to return the orb( area of the picture). I get killed by a group from the opposite faction. Still haven't been able to do that quest. Though I have 0 expertise because I don't pvp I'm just doing the quests for the extra rep, but I wish players were just lining up for me lol.

Edited by Heathenblood