Performance issues

marTHCi

I have 40-50 fps on planets, questing. I have 15-20 fps in warzones. I have less then 5 fps on Ilum pvp area.

My CPU runs at 50%, my RAM Usage is 70%, so as my video card. I never experienced them run at higher percentage.

My question: Why do I have so low fps, why is Ilum unplayable? Have they ever said anything about it?

I have 40-50 fps on planets, questing. I have 15-20 fps in warzones. I have less then 5 fps on Ilum pvp area.

My CPU runs at 50%, my RAM Usage is 70%, so as my video card. I never experienced them run at higher percentage.

My question: Why do I have so low fps, why is Ilum unplayable? Have they ever said anything about it?

I'm guessing you have some dual core system from like 5 years ago. SWTOR isn't truly multi-thread/multi-core capable, if your task manager is showing 50% CPU usage...it's likely that TOR is exceeding that CPU's capabilities on that single core right now.

All in all it sounds as if your computer is being taxed trying to play the game, regardless of inherent issues with Ilum etc.

Edited by TradewindNQ

How about you actually read the forums ? It's a known problem, Bioware is aware and it's been discussed 1000 times already.

I'm guessing you have some dual core system from like 5 years ago. SWTOR isn't truly multi-thread/multi-core capable, if your task manager is showing 50% CPU usage...it's likely that TOR is exceeding that CPU's capabilities on that single core right now.

All in all it sounds as if your computer is being taxed trying to play the game, regardless of inherent issues with Ilum etc.

I have a Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 CPU

How about you actually read the forums ? It's a known problem, Bioware is aware and it's been discussed 1000 times already.

I read the first 3 pages, no thread was about it. I'm sorry if it looks like a spam. Can you please link a thread where possible solutions can be found?

Edited by marTHCi

I had a similar problem (didn't check utilization of hardware) but I installed all the beta drivers for my video cards(nvidia 560m) and everything is playing smooth as silk. Warzones went from 10 fps at low settings to 50-60fps high.

The previous version of drivers were the latest release drivers(not the beta)