Is SWTOR going under??

carbocat

/em gets out his stick, ties the horse up, and proceeds to beat on it.....

They need to merge servers. They opened tons of them for the initial onslaught. Now that the flood has subsided it's time to face reality. Your ratio of subscriber to server balance is way out of whack. Giving at times a false sense that the game is dying.

Bio-ware, do your selves a favor. Merge the servers to a comfortable, vibrant balance of enough subscribers to give the right impression of your game.

If you don't you will allow the rat on the sinking ship scenario. People leaving because they think every one else is.

Seriously BW, swallow the pride and do the right thing.

Edited by Deluged

I have no idea if sub numbers are down but the activity is down for sure. As far as servers being labeled as "standard" ... well they can make those labels say anything they want. I know the server I originally started was constantly at very high and now it never leaves standard. I have also been watching the status of the servers for the past week to see which server I should re roll on and people can pull the it's not Christmas card anymore all they want but activity is way down. Fans of the game just don't want to accept the fact that people may have been unsatisfied with the game and left.

As a fan of the game, I accept some people are unhappy and left, but those unhappy are not taking all things into account.

I played virtually all day when the holidays were on, but now I am back to work, work has ramped up as it usually does after the christmas period and now I am busy.

When the game started we were all focused in one area, and now people are more spread out across servers.

People have left as they were never going to subscribe, just look at the number of MMOs some people say they have played, then look at the time..a lot of 1 -> 2 months. mostly short times because they are never happy

Well look at the population trending graph for USA Servers: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

It shows that server population labeled as 'Full' will likely keep going down while 'Light' obviously will be the norm. I really don't see that as a good sign for a game that is trying to warrant the upkeep of 215 servers when in all likelihood it should have no more than 50-60.

Edited by Proto

You people who are quoting chart sites like TOR Status don't understand how these sites work. As TOR doesn't allow mods, and doesn't list the actual populations on servers, all those sites have to go by is the relative status level (light, heavy, full, etc.) BioWare applies to the servers.

As those status levels are completely dictated by BioWare, it's quite possible (probable) that they're tweaking those levels as the servers settle. So a population of X that may have been listed as "Full" back on day 1, may now be listed as "Heavy". Doesn't mean the population actually changed, just that the status level did.

Well look at the population trending graph for USA Servers: http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

It shows that server population labeled as 'Full' will likely keep going down while 'Light' obviously will be the norm. I really don't see that as a good sign for a game that is trying to warrant the upkeep of 215 servers when in all likelihood it should have no more than 50-60.

This is garbage.....every server in europe is standard or higher right now.....just like 8 tonight every server in US will be standard or higher.

you guys that say the game is die n are so f-n stupid.

Edited by Supercracker

Never go by the displayed server loads.

Those are the first thing developers jack with to make games look more or less populated.

Or here's a crazy concept for everyone: Gauge the status of the game by whether you're having fun or not.

Remember that the definition for "Light" "Standard" "Heavy" etc have changed since launch. They used to have very low population caps.

While it is true that people have left, using the server population categories is not very good proof of it.

On my server at least, we've had the same number of people hanging out on the fleet at primetime for 3 weeks.