to make armstech (and other crafting skills) better by scaling the primary stats

DarkenDragon

now we all know that the crew skill vendor will always sell green quality schematics. the way we improve them is to reverse engineer the weapon we create and hope it procs a new schematic that is a stronger version of what was reversed engineered.

currently the problem is that the items obtain do not compare to commendation items. the reason for this is how the new item that you discover is created.

when you reverse engineer an item and get a new schematic, the only thing that is added is the max and min damage is increased and 1 additional secondary stat is added. this means that the primary stats (aim, cunning, wisdom, strength, endurance) remains the same.

a standard green value weapon at level 50 is about 40 of the primary stat. while a custom weapon bought with commendations will have about 80 of the primary stat since the weapon will come with prototype level modifications.

now I propose that as you go up a quality, the primary stats of that weapon should also increase.

this way the weapons will be on par with the commendation items and will also allow these crafting skills to be that much better.

You may actually want to take another look at exactly how those stats are distributed. While the primary stats may be lower, the secondary stats are significantly higher. For PvE, this usually ends with the Crafted Item being better.

For example, let's look at some Mercenary DPS pants.

These are the stats for Tionese Eliminator's Greaves.

776 Armor

+96 Aim

+81 Endurance

+40 Accuracy

+36 Critical Rating

And these are the stats on

Endowment Military War Greaves [superior]

776 Armor

+62 Aim

+52 Endurance

+29 Accuracy

+73 Critical Rating

+48 Surge Rating

What's that math out to? Well, if you choose the crafted item you gain +37 Critical Rating, +48 Surge Rating, and lose -11 Accuracy, -34 Aim, and -29 Endurance.

Of course, for PvE DPS, you really don't care about the lost Endurance, so basically, you're choosing between 37 Crit and 48 Surge, or 11 Accuracy and 34 Aim. While it's true that we don't currently have any means of really properly theorycrafting stat values, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that having that much more Crit and Surge is worth the lost accuracy and aim.

If this were a crit craft (add +28 to any stat) it wouldn't even be a contest. Crafted wins, hands down.

I can see where your coming from but what your comparing are on 2 different levels, I believe the Tionese gear SHOULD be better due to the fact that its something obtained in the end game.

what im trying to compare the crafted gear to is pre-end game items. so what you should compare the item to is the vendor bought items.

also im more focused on the armstech crewskill since they are the ones that are hit the most since all the other crew skills can provide something that cant be bought,

armortech and sythweaving can create stronger belts, which are hard to find custom quality of.

cybertech can make epic ship parts which you cant find better of

biotech has it's reusable stims

artifice has crystals that you cant buy through vendors

also another note is I really dont believe that the loss of the primary stat aim is worth getting the increased crit and surge. for one in the end game you'll get capped on crit very easily hitting the 30-35% mark, I already am at that point without any of the epic crafted gear. so I dont want such a heavy amount of it, and yes I understand that if I had that then I could shift some of my stats to other stats. but another note is that aim does provide crit as well as base damage. the amount loss I bet is fairly similar to the amount gained from the crit rating, and the base damage loss from the loss of aim can probably compensate the loss of surge damage as well

so really all your losing out on is endurance. and yes endurance isnt as important to a dps player but from past experience in WoW, im sure there will be fights where bosses will do random damage out wards and wont be pure tank and spank fights (one example in this game already is the mentor fight in district 7) where having more health just means higher survivability chance.

so honestly I do believe that they should scale aim and endurance up as the REed weapon is improved. and for balance issues I wouldnt mind if they reduced the amount of stats gained from the bonus. currently my endowed pistole has 97 crit on it, I honestly dont think its really required