Collectors edition vendor

belizar

**Update**

Here is a response I got from Trading Standards

I phoned my bank to find out what I have to do to claim back the money for "breach of service"

Sadly, your "nominal fee" for taking things to court pretty much covers the price you paid for the game to begin with, especially after gas, lunch and any other potential expenses for going to court that day. While it may give you some personal satisfaction to know you got your money back (despite having to burn it all to get it), the only real way to make EAWare understand how potentially important it is to some people is to somehow make it into a class action case. At that point, should the courts side with players, EAWare could potentially have to shell out the cost of the CE box to everyone who bought one plus potential legal fees incurred. It certainly won't break the bank for them, but it doesn't look good on the quarterly reports. And that just might.

Edited by althene

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Some exclusive crystals would be nice, or if you want an even better idea, how about this one:

Know how there are some exclusive "Event Only" items you can get during an event but not after?

Assign a credit value to them and load them up to the CE vendor after x amount of time after the event.

And make it all resellable - so that being a part of the VIP lounge gets you access to past event gear and allows you to resell.

Know how there are some exclusive "Event Only" items you can get during an event but not after?

Assign a credit value to them and load them up to the CE vendor after x amount of time after the event.

And make it all resellable - so that being a part of the VIP lounge gets you access to past event gear and allows you to resell.

no - No - & NO

The purpose of the CE isn't to give the CE holder a license to print credits & rake non-CE holders over the GTN coals. I can see putting some unique BoL items in the vender, or QoL improvements like the no CD quick travel & +exp consumables that are available through the CC market.

But mostly it's just for fluff,

that's what I expected,

that's what I want,

that's what I havn't received....

I was expecting it to be updated with each major patch. But we didn't get updates with 1.3,1.4,1.5, or 1.6.

So right now they are 4 updates behind as far as I'm concerned. I was expecting the mounts, pets, & modable armors to be replaced with each major patch and become exclusive ~ as an ongoing incentive for people to continue purchasing the CE. I'd bet the retailers of the CE were expecting that as well.

in addition, there must be updates of "fluff" regularly. That means every time the CM is updated. so should the CE vendor. Not once every 12 months, or even once every 6 months. More frequently than that.

Agreed! Also agree with everyone else... VIP area needs a revamp/buff.

CE owner in Sweden here.

You'd think that, at the very least, there'd have been recolored versions of the original CE vendor gear added at some point, but apparently even a Snow Trooper armor requires too much effort to put in the store?

Personally I'd be quite pleased if we received distinctly recolored versions of Cartel Market pieces for the CE vendor.

**Update**

I have spoken to Game Digital Ltd (Game.co.uk) and they have utterly refused to give me back the money even though Trading Standards had told them they should do it. As they are saying rightly that the blame is down to Bioware / EA and not them.

Visa got back to me and told me that Game are not fault and it would be hard to prove they are.

Trading Standards also pointed out that I can only take Game to civil court in the UK as they are a UK company but it would cost a minimum of £150 to try and get back £130.

That a a civil court case in the US as EA is a US company would stand more chance as Trading Standards said they can't bring EA to case in the UK even though they have a UK office the company is registered in the US and must comply with US law.

I am still waiting to hear back from Advertising Standard Agency to see if Bioware / EA is in breach of false advertising. But that if they are guilty they would most likely just get a written warning.

So I have reached the end of the line. I can still write the letters to Bioware / EA and then report it to Trading Standards that they did not respond but after that it not much more can be done. I am afraid it is down to some one in the US to take up the mantel and fight our case.

Edited by ArsenalJaycen

It is very sad and disappointing that they have done nothing to make this perk worthwhile. I bought the CE expecting something beyond what the general public got. What they lead us to believe and what they have provided are as different as a small moon and a battle station. :csw_deathstar: Edited by jumay

It is very sad and disappointing that they have done nothing to make this perk worthwhile. I bought the CE expecting something beyond what the general public got. What they lead us to believe and what they have provided are as different as a small moon and a battle station. :csw_deathstar:

You've been decieved! :p

Still waiting for an update!!

The Collector's Edition vendor not being updated, has been a big blessing for me. A really big one, as a Collector's Edition owner. I say this, as Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of three MMO's I currently have a subscription too. I personally feel, I am I not subscribing, it is not worth my time to play.

That said, I am all for supporting a game's cash cow. There's not a mini pet or mount on Blizzard's store I don't own for World of Warcraft. There's nothing on the store for DC Universe Online I don't own (minus the DLC, as you get that free with your subscription). However, while I have dropped quite a bit of cash on the Cartel Market, I just won't drop would I would like too, so, I spend more on the competition. For me, it comes down to as a developer, you want my money. As your costumer, I want what I paid for. It really is that easy.

Oh, and I would like to point out one of the most funniest things I have read here on the forums. Those attempting to say that as a Collector's Edition owner I already got what I paid for. To be blunt, that cracks me up. Either you are trolling, or you simply don't recall how the Collector's Edition was advertised. The Collector's Edition vendor, along with regular updates, was how it was advertised. To say you have one, but not the other, was not how it was promised. The two aren't mutually exclusive. They aren't independent of the other. Not once, did I ever see the vendor mentioned, minus the updates. If there was and I missed it, my bad, as that advertisement was few and far between.

The Collector's Edition vendor not being updated, has been a big blessing for me. A really big one, as a Collector's Edition owner. I say this, as Star Wars: The Old Republic is one of three MMO's I currently have a subscription too. I personally feel, I am I not subscribing, it is not worth my time to play.

That said, I am all for supporting a game's cash cow. There's not a mini pet or mount on Blizzard's store I don't own for World of Warcraft. There's nothing on the store for DC Universe Online I don't own (minus the DLC, as you get that free with your subscription). However, while I have dropped quite a bit of cash on the Cartel Market, I just won't drop would I would like too, so, I spend more on the competition. For me, it comes down to as a developer, you want my money. As your costumer, I want what I paid for. It really is that easy.

Oh, and I would like to point out one of the most funniest things I have read here on the forums. Those attempting to say that as a Collector's Edition owner I already got what I paid for. To be blunt, that cracks me up. Either you are trolling, or you simply don't recall how the Collector's Edition was advertised. The Collector's Edition vendor, along with regular updates, was how it was advertised. To say you have one, but not the other, was not how it was promised. The two aren't mutually exclusive. They aren't independent of the other. Not once, did I ever see the vendor mentioned, minus the updates. If there was and I missed it, my bad, as that advertisement was few and far between.

Trying to read your post, and I don't understand what it is you're saying. It's very confusing.