Predation

tjallred

So, I have not reached this ability yet but it looks awesome, is it all it cracks up to be? Does it really give everybody in your party the buff? This would seem kinda op in WZ, and may account for me feeling like the other team is everywhere at once. Any thought? So far I am so stoked for it because it sounds really awesome.

So, I have not reached this ability yet but it looks awesome, is it all it cracks up to be? Does it really give everybody in your party the buff? This would seem kinda op in WZ, and may account for me feeling like the other team is everywhere at once. Any thought? So far I am so stoked for it because it sounds really awesome.

It consumes 30 stacks of Fury to give 10 seconds of 10% melee and ranged defense. Since it's useless against force and tech attacks (yellow always hits), the usefulness is dependent on what the opposing team has for sources of damage.

It consumes 30 stacks of Fury to give 10 seconds of 10% melee and ranged defense. Since it's useless against force and tech attacks (yellow always hits), the usefulness is dependent on what the opposing team has for sources of damage.

lol you dont pop predation for the ranged defence, you use it for the speed boost, speed> everything in pvp

lol you dont pop predation for the ranged defence, you use it for the speed boost, speed> everything in pvp

Sadly my luck often has me end up using a speed boost power only to get rooted/knocked-back later, so my experience with the movement buff has been lackluster as a result.

Sadly my luck often has me end up using a speed boost power only to get rooted/knocked-back later, so my experience with the movement buff has been lackluster as a result.

respec carnage, force camo removes roots. Alos carnage marauder's predation is 30% faster, best spec for rwzs

Well OP, it is at least nice to open with in WZ, you get an ability which gives you instant 30 stacks, and if you feel like you won't be needing it cuz your team got good gear n stuff, I suggest popping it and use predation. That's just me though.

• 2 weeks later...

2 carnage marauders spamming pred in huttball makes life much easier =).

It's a very usefull utility ability, one of the few reasons why people bring maras instead of juggs, which can bring taunts, guards, ally leaps, force push, etc.

What is the range on it though? Like can i pop it comming out of the cloner seeing that my teamates have the ball way at the other end and are trying to score? or is therea range to it. I ask because i notice that when i pop it not all team mates show the visual effect.

Same question to the damage buff. There is no range description in the tooltip so i assume all you have to do is be in the group to get the buff......

I want to guess it's 30m circle around you, whatever the range I think it's the same as class buffs and alike. What I usually do, is look at the ops frame to see how many teammates names are brighter than the rest. Those that are dull I believe are out of range where those that brighter are within your range.

I don't know if that's the official answer or not but that's what I have been doing. I do know for certain you cannot be on one side of the map and use Predation on teammates. VS is probably one where you can try and get everyone on both doors but you need to move as close to the middle divider as possible.