Eternity Vault Operation at 70

So i've hit lvl 70 and just got done with my class story and the Ilium quest line; apparently I now have to do the Eternity Vault operation.

Now that i'm the max level of 70 is it possible for me to just run it as is or should I put time into preparation for it?

Should I try to gear up first, learn how to run it, or do you think it's possible to just jump right in as I am now?

If you are in a nice guild which tells you of what you have to be aware off in the encounters, you should be fine! You get bolstered to a nice item level on all story mode operations - just don't enter the operation naked or with empty shells.

i just want to do it just to get it done, and to move on through the story.

I want to catch up to the current content. I don't care about getting gear from it or achievements.

Edited by Ordrous

If you want to get it done the fastest way is to make a group on fleet for it and enter it manually. However, people are mostly lazy and only do the SM operation that is in groupfinder for that specific day (changes daily). So either wait for groupfinder to have Eternity vault or make a group yourself on fleet.

As for gear you dont need any, SM operations have bolster and can be done from level 50 already! People below level 70 will be bolstered to 70 and even you as a level 70 will be given bolstered stats.

So i've hit lvl 70 and just got done with my class story and the Ilium quest line; apparently I now have to do the Eternity Vault operation.

No, you don't. What are you talking about? Operations are not part of any class story and do not serve as it's sequel. Definitely not EV, which is a completely self-contained story and the only way to get quest for it is to actually go and find the guy starting it.

After Illum you go to Makeb, then Prelude, then SOR, then Ziost, then KOTFE.

No, you don't. What are you talking about? Operations are not part of any class story and do not serve as it's sequel. Definitely not EV, which is a completely self-contained story and the only way to get quest for it is to actually go and find the guy starting it.

After Illum you go to Makeb, then Prelude, then SOR, then Ziost, then KOTFE.

So what about the dread masters storyline? And so many others? I had to backtrack like 6 times to get the full story from advice just like yours. We're not talking about how to power through the story line as fast as possible. We're talking about playing the storyline in order, so when someone mentions

the fall of the children of the emperor

in a cut scene at the end of illum, we're not like "what the f*** is he talking about?"

So thanks.

the fall of the children of the emperor

in a cut scene at the end of illum, we're not like "what the f*** is he talking about?"

So in what operation would that be mentioned then?

Karagga's has a very tiny nod in Kotfe but any references are few and far between.

Genrally the ops contain almost no story at all. Oricon being the exception with the final cut scene of the planetary story arc (not class) being gated behind the operations. In my mind that was a poor design choice, esp. in retrospect. I'm sure it looked more reasonable to the designers at the time.

So in what operation would that be mentioned then?

Karagga's has a very tiny nod in Kotfe but any references are few and far between.

Genrally the ops contain almost no story at all. Oricon being the exception with the final cut scene of the planetary story arc (not class) being gated behind the operations. In my mind that was a poor design choice, esp. in retrospect. I'm sure it looked more reasonable to the designers at the time.

In Karagga's Palace, we hear that some unknown force is moving on Hutt territory, which is why Karagga defied the powers that be and started the kerfluffle in the first place. It's implied that it's the Dread Masters messing with Hutt space.

In Explosive Conflict, we learn that the Dread Masters, freed from their prison on Belsavis, have compelled the mercenary Kephess to turn against his benefactors and become a proper Warlord. This is the first solid glimpse we get at what the Dread Masters are up to (sowing seeds of chaos and discord across the galaxy).

In Terror From Beyond, we see the Dread Master Calphyus's plan to unleash an ancient Gree demon-being-thing on the galaxy by means of a hypergate. As an apparent reward for his loyalty, the defeated Kephess has been rebuilt (and buffed) to guard the gate while the creature is summoned.

In Scum and Villainy, we learn that Dread Master Styrak has taken over the criminal underworld on Darvannis and set up shop there. Olok, Sunder, Tu'chuk, Horic, and Vilus are all just high-level criminals doing Styrak's bidding - again, in an effort to cause chaos in the galaxy.

Finally, all the pieces are put together and a strike team is sent to Oricon. Where they go mad, because you know, Dread Masters. After you shut down their sinister machinations on the planet, it's time to storm the base (Dread Fortress). Beat up the dog chained outside, the security guard in the lobby, the other dog in the basement, and the honor guard in the courtyard, and you get to take down your second Dread Master - two down, four to go.

The chain ends with Dread Palace, and the defeat of the rest of the Dread Masters (who each have their own style - creatures, puzzles, time, and strategy). The story that started with impside Belsavis's planetary arc or whatever is told across six Operations and Oricon. Good times. Good story.

Eternity Vault is also tied to Belsavis ofc, but I think it's separate. Ravagers is completely standalone, but still an interesting tale of the lack of honour amongst thieves. Temple of Sacrifice doesn't start or finish a story - it's a completely optional interlude in the Shadow of Revan expansion (even if you do the Operation, you need to do the Solo Mode Revan fight to finish the story and move on to Ziost). Gods from the Machine, of course, shows the Outlander's efforts against the "superweapons" found on Iokath - also an optional extra bit of storytelling, I believe, as you can advance through Umbara and Copero without actually seeing the fights, and you learn nothing new story-wise from doing them (Tyth is rage, the twins think they're better than organics, Nahut is a big overconfident child, and Scyva worries for her children - no advancement of story).

There's also Toborro's Courtyard, in which you can see the fruits of Hutt labour from RotHC in refining Isotope-5 and putting it to use. And Heart of Ruin, in which you encounter a horrifically powerful Monolith on the imperial world of Ziost. And the Gree test you in the Grey Secant by seeing how well you stand up to Xenoanalyst II. And there's an Eyeless beast wandering the tunnels beneath the surface of whatever planet the latest Rakghoul outbreak happens to be on. More flavour than story, these four, but I still like them : )

TL;DR: Love ops, there's totally story there. Recommend everyone learn them all, there are many guilds (like mine) that are always looking to expand their raider base : )