New star wars movies

TheSithW

What are your opinions on the new movies coming in 2014? If your not familiar with what is going on Disney bought Lucas Arts and are continuing the Saga, it wont be totally changed though because Lucas still has copy rights on everything so they cant change anything or interpret their own view. I am personally excited and can not wait

:D

What are your opinions on the new movies coming in 2014? If your not familiar with what is going on Disney bought Lucas Arts and are continuing the Saga, it wont be totally changed though because Lucas still has copy rights on everything so they cant change anything or interpret their own view. I am personally excited and can not wait

:D

umm it will be changed. They already said it would be a completely new story not based on any existing story. Also Disney holds the copyrights now.

1. There's a Star Wars movie coming out in 2014? I only heard about Episode VII which is scheduled for 2015.

Sorry, just nitpicking. It was too tempting. :p

2. I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, then were suddenly silenced. I feel something terrible has happened.

Yeah...I just finished the Legacy series (all except Betrayal just because I happened to start from the second novel) and it was awesome. If they retcon it that would suck.

With Disney spending $4 billion on the Star Wars franchise I think they are going to be very careful with what they do with Episode 7. Star Wars "credibility" took a hit with the awful prequel trilogy. Add to that Lucas continuing to mess with the original movies really soured some people on Star Wars in general.

Best I would hope for would be the Thrawn Trilogy in movie form. Though I'm doubtful about that since the actors are a tad old to reprise their parts. They could use the tech from Tron Legacy to make them younger, but that would raise the cost of the movie even more.

What I hope is Ep 7 to focus on the story more than just pretty effects. If I want a fancy SFX riddled movie with no story or acting, I'll watch a Michael Bay movie.

With G.L. directing the most recent 3 movies... it really cant get any worse lol. I am looking forward to what they will do with it.

Didnt George realize that the best SW movies wasn't directed by him. I thought that would carry over to the prequels. Nope, and you can see what happened.

I don't know where the clip was from, but George was pre-screening Episode 1 and he looks at his partners and says, "I think we did to much"

That always made me laugh.

With Disney spending $4 billion on the Star Wars franchise I think they are going to be very careful with what they do with Episode 7. Star Wars "credibility" took a hit with the awful prequel trilogy. Add to that Lucas continuing to mess with the original movies really soured some people on Star Wars in general.

Best I would hope for would be the Thrawn Trilogy in movie form. Though I'm doubtful about that since the actors are a tad old to reprise their parts. They could use the tech from Tron Legacy to make them younger, but that would raise the cost of the movie even more.

What I hope is Ep 7 to focus on the story more than just pretty effects. If I want a fancy SFX riddled movie with no story or acting, I'll watch a Michael Bay movie.

I agree on the Tron CGI that made Flynn look young...do that with the rest of the group...it would suck if they would have to hire a whole new cast.