Force Mount

Fevee

The fact mounts are in this game means you're willing to let players move 90%-110% their normal speed outside of battle. So here's a simple idea: A mount only usable by Force-users. A mount that's not even a mount, you activate it like one when out of combat, but the player just takes a long pose when idle, and sprints along at 90%-110% their normal speed. I imagine a sprinting action similar to Jedi sprints seen in Battlefront II. Long strides and feet so lightly bouncing off the ground.

A "mount" like this can simply be available in an upcoming Cartel pack, and I feel it would certainly give a real Jedi (or Sith) feel to the player. Just treat it like any other mount, call it Force Sprint, acquire and unlock it, add it to your vehicles tab, and you can toggle it on an off outside of battle just like all the other mounts in this game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would trooper/bh's and smug/IA's get then?

This mount is intended for Force-sensitive users, only. And still, there's plenty of mounts for everyone else. In a Star Wars universe, it makes sense that the Force-user can self-propel at immense speeds while their non-Force-user companion rides along in a bike of some sort.

If you're that concerned, though, I figure Bounty Hunters can actually use the jets they're so iconically known for.

Rocket Boots that don't run out after 18seconds

Something to that effect.

Rocket Boots don't make sense to me, though. A Jedi, a smuggler, anyone who's not a Bounty Hunter shouldn't have them. It's supposed to be a legacy item? Your father was a bounty hunter who passed down these rocket clothes that run out after 18 seconds? There is so much more potential the legacy system can provide, but no, anyone randomly has bounty-hunter-like gear.

This "Self-Propulsion" mount can be an "adaptive" mount, meaning speed depends on your speeder piloting level. Again, I envision it's for Force-users only. The only exception is the Bounty Hunter and their jets that remain so unused. If people really want it to be universally-accessible, then a clever propulsion will have to be thought up for each class.

Actually, an idea I just thought up for Smugglers: They're supposed to be lucky law-dodgers, right? And sometimes they just need to hightail it out of there. Perhaps their self-propulsion can represent that. When you need to flee like the hounds of Hades are after you, you flee like there's no tomorrow. Thus, their self-propulsion can be a wild flee-looking animation. As in arms thrown up in the air as they run at 90%-110% their normal speed. While idle, they have their hands on their knees as they're bent over, breathing heavily.

I suppose that's rather goofy, but if everyone insists on self-propulsion being available to all classes, a proper animation will have to be considered for each class.

Rocket Boots don't make sense to me, though. A Jedi, a smuggler, anyone who's not a Bounty Hunter shouldn't have them.

Is there something that physically happens to a a character which is not a"bounty hunter" which would prevent it from using rocket boots? Would the bounty hunters guild send out agents to comb the galaxy for rule breakers? Would rocket boot merchants demand to see a character's bounty hunter club membership card before selling the boots?

:rolleyes:

If you think no character but a bounty hunter should be able to use rocket boots, you are free to impose that restriction on yourself. But you won't.

Is there something that physically happens to a a character which is not a"bounty hunter" which would prevent it from using rocket boots? Would the bounty hunters guild send out agents to comb the galaxy for rule breakers? Would rocket boot merchants demand to see a character's bounty hunter club membership card before selling the boots?

:rolleyes:

If you think no character but a bounty hunter should be able to use rocket boots, you are free to impose that restriction on yourself. But you won't.

You love hyperbole don't you?

Not sure why you're trying to ridicule his opinion on rocket boots.

I personally feel the same way about them...and I don't use them on my Jedi.

I would definitely love to have a "force speed" variation of rocket boots.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Because it''s silly. If one person can use rocket boots, anyone can.

Good for you. So, what, you want to prevent me from using them on my Jedi?

I really just don't understand your thought process.

I stated my opinion on how I feel about rocket boots for my characters.

No where...not once...did I ever state that I'm trying to prevent you from using them.

Is there something that physically happens to an inquisitor who wears heavy armor? Is there a reason smugglers can't use lightsabers? Shouldn't Jedi start using blasters?

It just doesn't fit the theme.

Yes, I will. In fact, I'm never going to use rocket boots. I've never had them before and I don't plan on ever getting them. After all, why would anyone waste 1,000,000 credits on an out-of-battle 110% speed boost that only lasts 18 seconds when they can spend 150,000 credits on an out-of-battle 110% speed boost that lasts as long as desired?

Not sure why you're trying to ridicule his opinion on rocket boots.

Because it''s silly. If one person can use rocket boots, anyone can.

And if one person can use assault guns, anyone can. If one person can use the Force, anyone can. If one person can heal their teammates, everyone can.

Are you about to start making those points, now?

The point isn't about rocket boots, though. The point is a new mount for Force-users. And the animation is simply them sprinting along at the immense speed their speeder piloting level allows for. And not just a fast-forwarded version of the jog everyone does. A majestic-looking, feather-footed stride is what I imagine. Allow me to reference you to the sprinting animation of Force-users in Battlefront II.

I am only game for this if they create a type of "mount" for non-jedi/sith that only the can use.

Do you have a suggestion for non-Force users? Remember, this mount is supposed to be self-propulsion; meaning you're traveling along at 90-110% of normal speed under your own power or under minimal gear you may possess.

A mount for force users that simulates super speed :eek:

Jet pack for bounty hunters :eek:

Please make this happen!

Troopers/ Agents are elite military right? So give em some kind of armored military looking vehicle that only they can use.

Smugglers......well they don't mind "bending the rules" so how bout a lil suped up convertible. Something that looks built to race.

Erbody got they own class specific transport. :D

But if it's gotta go in the cartel market, can we PLEASE not put em in packs....just put a price on em. :cool:

Edited by ImmortalLowlife
adding more

jet pack for bounty hunters.

a bulky and possibly wheeled mount for troopers. (think armored transport motorcycle thing possibly a more armored version of the batcycle for the nolan films)

a funky modded speeder that resembles a chopper for smugs.

and IA's should get some kind of low to the ground sleek and shiny speeder that has them almost laying down on.

Is there something that physically happens to an inquisitor who wears heavy armor? Is there a reason smugglers can't use lightsabers? Shouldn't Jedi start using blasters?

No, yes (fully trained for fighting) and sure.

Well when you do your Star Wars MMO, we know at least one thing we can expect.

Yes, I will. In fact, I'm never going to use rocket boots. I've never had them before and I don't plan on ever getting them. After all, why would anyone waste 1,000,000 credits on an out-of-battle 110% speed boost that only lasts 18 seconds when they can spend 150,000 credits on an out-of-battle 110% speed boost that lasts as long as desired?

If they're not worth it to you, fine. What's your point otherwise, exactly? That because you think they are not worth it, no one else should have their characters use them?

And if one person can use assault guns, anyone can. If one person can use the Force, anyone can. If one person can heal their teammates, everyone can.

Assault cannons and healing, sure (anyone can be trained to administer "kolto injections"). The Force? No. Was every character in the movies capable of being a Jedi or a Sith?

we do need a Force version of Rocket Boost. My Forcer users look silly with fire coming out of their sandles.

Bad case of athletes foot? You might want to get that checked out, they do have medications for that.

Are you about to start making those points, now?

The point isn't about rocket boots, though. The point is a new mount for Force-users. And the animation is simply them sprinting along at the immense speed their speeder piloting level allows for. And not just a fast-forwarded version of the jog everyone does. A majestic-looking, feather-footed stride is what I imagine. Allow me to reference you to the sprinting animation of Force-users in Battlefront II.

Those rocket boots sure do come in handy inside instances where you can't mount up, or on toons that have not gotten to level yet where they can use a speeder. One of the best legacy unlocks next to the ship GTN, and the ship mailbox. The ship droid isn't bad either but not the point here.

Those rocket boots sure do come in handy inside instances where you can't mount up, or on toons that have not gotten to level yet where they can use a speeder. One of the best legacy unlocks next to the ship GTN, and the ship mailbox. The ship droid isn't bad either but not the point here.

If you like them, fine. I just don't think they fit the theme in 7/8ths of the classes.

But, this isn't about rocket boots. It's about a new mount for Force-users that actually does fit the theme.

Smuggler gets jury-rigged rocket boots that actually look jury-rigged, or the "holysh*trunaway" thing like that scene in the first Pirates of the Caribbean when Jack's escaping the city.

BH gets a legit-looking jetpack. (NOT the stupid flaming boots.)

Inquisitor gets a Force Tempest that propels them along.

Warrior gets Hulk-like Force Leaps :D

Agent would get some sort of glider thing, maybe?

Trooper would get some kind of jet harness

Knight gets something similar to the Warrior

Consular gets Force Levitation