way to ruin the warzone scoreboards in 2.6

wigglebooty

Sorry, I don't notice things like that when looking at a still screenshot. All I noticed was that the scoreboard window looked smaller compared to mine, coupled that with the comment someone else made about a "tiny ui bug" I took that literally as meaning it was tiny now, like it shrunk without adjusting settings in the interface modifier. Obviously smaller window can be easily explained by them using a different resolution than me, so yeah, my post doesn't make much sense, but I've been sick for 4 days...what's your excuse? :jawa_tongue:

I find it curious how many people don't instantly spot what's wrong.

I pvp on quite a frequent basis, but I didn't spot it instantly either. Now if I was playing myself I probably would have spotted instantly :p When I read "UI bug" I was looking for glitching pixels or something. :)

I guess you missed how every nerf/buff to classes in the game is because of PvP forums? They've been reading the PvP forums since the game released...

You probably should NOT speak in absolutes. Rage/Focus was buffed entirely because it was completely and utterly worthless in PvE. Sorc/Sage healers were nerfed in 1.2 because they were god-level PvE healers (still are, but it's better). Bloodthirst was nerfed primarily to reduce the effectiveness of stacking Maras/Sents in PvE.

But your overall point makes no sense either. Fundamentally, PvE should never require any buffs/nerfs since AI does not change. You can easily balance one rotation against another fighting dummies. PvP requires balance against all other classes as well as the ever-changing nature of a player vs. player environment.

If I nerf the damage of an ability that is used on CD and I know how much that ability is used, I can estimate the effect on overall damage output for a class in a boss fight. Because players will do things like interrupt, CC, and use defensive CDs, you cannot estimate the impact on PvP. For example, if I'm in Rage, I will use Smash on CD for maximum damage (there are exceptions with some boss mechanics, but this principal is almost always true). In PvP, I'm not going to use it on a Sin with Shroud on or a Marauder with UR on. I may be rooted or CC'd when it's available and have to wait or lose the buff before I get the chance to use it.

TL;DR Not all buffs/nerfs have been from PvP, but PvP fundamentally requires more alterations so it's not surprising that it comes mostly from that realm.

TL;DR Not all buffs/nerfs have been from PvP, but PvP fundamentally requires more alterations so it's not surprising that it comes mostly from that realm.

I forgot how much I missed your posts. even if I disagree, I admire the level head. cheers. :cool:

Fundamentally, PvE should never require any buffs/nerfs since AI does not change. You can easily balance one rotation against another fighting dummies. PvP requires balance against all other classes as well as the ever-changing nature of a player vs. player environment.

So much this. AI can always be scaled up or down to compensate for any kind of balance pvp goes through. Every mmo that has pvp should always base its balance purely around pvp.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for letting me know! I saw a similar thread in the Bug Report forum and alerted the appropriate folks.

- tw

Congrats! It took you more than a month to notice the TONS of posts about it! You're doing your job well! Much amaze!