To those of you that didn't believe me when I said snipers would be the new FOTM

HoboWithAStick

While 2.0 was on pts I had made a thread about how snipers would be the new FOTM class, while some of you agreed with me many of you disagreed. Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. This is also to show that when a class becomes FOTM many players that reroll play very poorly and being that Bioware does class balance off of metrics the FOTM class gets buffed once again.

Thank you for world of snipers Mr. Peckenpaugh, world of smash wasn't annoying enough.

http://tinypic.com/r/205oxg1/5

While 2.0 was on pts I had made a thread about how snipers would be the new FOTM class, while some of you agreed with me many of you disagreed. Here is a picture of a game with 7 snipers. This is also to show that when a class becomes FOTM many players that reroll play very poorly and being that Bioware does class balance off of metrics the FOTM class gets buffed once again.

Thank you for world of snipers Mr. Peckenpaugh, world of smash wasn't annoying enough.

Still better than world of Warcraft :p

1) Not level 55 warzones - snipers are fairly OP during leveling.

2) you have no idea if that 300k was fluff damage (read, dots). Lethality does nice one on one damage with properly used cull+ TD, but make no mistake, a good chunk of their damage comes from dot procs that can be healed through by geared healers at 55.

3) The rest of your team sucks. those are embarassing numbers for dps in a 30-54.

Snipers are easymode. We all saw it coming. I saw it coming in 1.2 when I went from a barren Hoth to LITERALLY three other snipers in the area to which I spawned.

I already had a sniper at this point of course, because I'm hipster like that.

Erm, that that shows 7 agents, that is not the same as 7 snipers. Let me think what's that healer class that is overpowered at the moment, I'd expect to see lots of them levelling. Then add to that that many people level as Dps then spec heals at 55 and I suspect most of that 7 were operatives.

In level 55 wz they never became the fotm class that was expected ( they were always popular pre level cap ). I never see more than 2 on a side, quite often none at all. The cover system puts a lot off during levelling.

Edited by Godlymuppet

A lot of people said on the PTS forums that sniper was ridiculous. The PTS apparently isn't for actual testing. It's apparently for looking for bugs.

Is this post trying to be amusingly ironic?

I wouldn't say I have seen a huge influx at 50. I do see 1 or 2 per team, usually just 1; every match, and that is an increase as I would say you didn't always see 1 before 2.0; but hardly enough to write home about. Actually last night had another on my team, and that was Pistols, who I think has always had one, and while I was on my gunslinger, I have had a sniper since launch; I'm just trying to main on the Pub side now.

Hey! It's me down at the bottom lolololol. It's what I get for guarding.

But seriously that was a RIDICULOUS WZ yesterday. I've had mine since before 2.0 and was sad to see my class being played so poorly.

I voted for the Pyro PT for being a nonconformist.

Edited by stupidsyrup

Nahh, Sorcs are the new FOTM... again!

Proof

But you appear to be one of them..........

But you appear to be one of them..........

It looks like he didn't play poorly, meaning he is NOT one of them. I'm sure he had his Sniper before 2.0 just like me.The person who did the worst in that WZ was me, because I guarded.

It looks like he didn't play poorly, meaning he is NOT one of them. I'm sure he had his Sniper before 2.0 just like me.The person who did the worst in that WZ was me, because I guarded.

Well, FOTM does not = bad at that class. It means popular for what ever reason (in this case, being viable in PVP). Now yes, to the OP's credit, he has a nice score there. That said, "calling out" a team of 7 snipers when he makes up an equal percentage of that is hypocritical at best. Also, the link in his sig suggests he once played a Sin, rerolling a sniper later in his SWTOR "career" ;)

Well, FOTM does not = bad at that class. It means popular for what ever reason (in this case, being viable in PVP). Now yes, to the OP's credit, he has a nice score there. That said, "calling out" a team of 7 snipers when he makes up an equal percentage of that is hypocritical at best. Also, the link in his sig suggests he once played a Sin, rerolling a sniper later in his SWTOR "career" ;)

True, FOTM does not mean bad at that class, but let's be honest, when many people roll the FOTM, they suck. :p

True, FOTM does not mean bad at that class, but let's be honest, when many people roll the FOTM, they suck. :p

a lot of good players roll the best pvp class to be that much better. Its smart to play a strong spec, there are probally more good players playing strong specs then ones that aren't very strong because a lot of good players know to take every advantage. The only reason I don't main my sniper is because I like other classes better and fun is more important to me than the strength of the class. Sniper is easymode, its very frustatrating getting lower numbers than a sniper when you know you outplayed them.

Edited by MarkXXIV

a lot of good players roll the best pvp class to be that much better. Its smart to play a strong spec, there are probally more good players playing strong specs then ones that aren't very strong because a lot of good players know to take every advantage. The only reason I don't main my sniper is because I like other classes better and fun is more important to me than the strength of the class. Sniper is easymode, its very frustatrating getting lower numbers than a sniper when you know you outplayed them.

Well if you are sitting in snipers' LoS and eating all that damage while doing nothing that's of course easymode for the sniper.