Female Romance Options

Vasdenjas

That's the point. There is a rule. Preserving the bloodline is important for Sith. Don't mingle with "simple mortals". Something like royalty =)

A human Sith family might accept Quinn, but I doubt a family of purebloods would.

From the Foundry storyline, most human imperials have some sith genes/ ancestry, so an imperial officer of good family likely wouldn't be a major issue for even purebloods.

The Force-gene is still quite strong. Having a sensitive ancestor is enough to have sensitive kids for several generations after.

The warrior seems pretty gifted on her own, plus, she comes from a family of Sith =)

That's the point. There is a rule. Preserving the bloodline is important for Sith. Don't mingle with "simple mortals". Something like royalty =)

A human Sith family might accept Quinn, but I doubt a family of purebloods would.

I wouldn't imagine "just anyone" would rise to a position of authority in the Imperial military.

While lacking Force abilities that would've resulted in Quinn being sent to Korriban, the fact remains that in a caste-driven society like the Sith Empire, it's likely he himself comes from a rather distinctive family of his own. It's endlessly implied that Force users are rare, even in the best families in the Empire. If so, that means there are plenty of kiddies born who have to serve the Empire somehow. Military command is a natural recourse.

Quinn just doesn't strike me as a "simple mortal", is all.

Ohh.. I am so much looking forward to romancing Aric, he is next up after my BH is done with Torian =) that voice!! *swoon*

I'm waiting endlessly for the upcoming Legacy system to be expanded upon, to see what new species are in the works. Which is the only reason I haven't yet made a good Trooper, only played one up through end of Coruscant. My hopes, anyway, is to have a Cathar trooper. Fingers crossed!

Yes! I agree with this post so much. I've only been leveling two classes really - a sith inquisitor and a republic trooper. The Sith Inquisitor has decent romance options at least, but as a female trooper I have one male love interest, and he's a cat.

I know that we can change the appearance of companions so as to better suit what we'd like and whatnot, but I can magically turn Aric into an alien that doesn't make me feel like I'm participating in ********ity, can I? Until then, I guess I'm holding out for same-gender relations so I can romance Elara..

So many of the female characters are so well designed, fiesty, and lovely. Most of the male love interests have been relatively boring or covered in scars.

And why do some classes have three or four romance options, while some only have two? =(

From the Foundry storyline, most human imperials have some sith genes/ ancestry, so an imperial officer of good family likely wouldn't be a major issue for even purebloods.

Depends on the family. Remember that pureblood guy from Korriban who seemed really sadface about sith "purity" not being important anymore?

How is that supposed to work?

How is what supposed to work?

If at least one of the parents is sensitive, there is a huge chance the children will be too.

Forgive me if my original post sounded weird.

Just want to know what happens next, my trooper is 10000/10000 with Dorne and I’m level 40, I’m still getting credit from quest with her, but what happens now? Cannot get any more points as im capped and she doesn’t talk with me.:csw_trooper: Edited by Anarchistic

As I said somewhere else, same-sex romances are more for heterosexual players who want to have fun then anything else. But yes I guess there will always be some people to say it's wrong.

Or a lovely step away from heteronormativity to be inclusive to all gamers through something as simple as giving the option of a same gender romance.

How is what supposed to work?

If at least one of the parents is sensitive, there is a huge chance the children will be too.

Forgive me if my original post sounded weird.

The idea that the force-sensitive gene is especially strong; if someone's force sensitive with two of the appropriate chromosones, it's a dominant trait, and they have a child with someone who isn't, sure, that child will be force sensitive. But after that, you're just looking at a 50% chance of force sensitivity by the next generation on, as well as for every time a non-force sensitive is mated with on down the line.

Those aren't exactly the greatest odds if you really value your bloodline; you can maybe get away with it once, or take a chance on having a child with someone of impure background, but if force sensitivity is a big deal to you, a 25-50% chance your grandchild won't be one would certainly be enough to stop me from having a child with anyone other than a Sith from a long line of other Sith. And introducing even a single person who's lacking one of the chromosones runs the risk of keeping that in the line for generations to come, making any other non-force sensitive partner especially dangerous.

Of course, if it's recessive, which arguably fits better with the Sith Inquisitor storyline at least, you wouldn't ever have a child with a non-force sensitive at all.

(This is actually a pretty interesting topic to me because I'm trying to figure out what does and doesn't make sense in terms of character relationships for when Legacy is in, and what actual "facts" we have on the matter. And the idea that my Warrior would be having children with Quinn if she cared at all about the bloodline and maintaining force sensitivity just doesn't compute for me, if you're going to be assuming human biology. I'm curious as to what other alternatives there might be, having little training in biology myself; something that *could* result in some kinda "extra-strong" gene, that makes interspecies breeding easier to account for those bloody Twileks, and that isn't going to come down to "Sith purebloods and anyone even slightly descended from them are magical!")

*snip*

(This is actually a pretty interesting topic to me because I'm trying to figure out what does and doesn't make sense in terms of character relationships for when Legacy is in, and what actual "facts" we have on the matter. And the idea that my Warrior would be having children with Quinn if she cared at all about the bloodline and maintaining force sensitivity just doesn't compute for me, if you're going to be assuming human biology. I'm curious as to what other alternatives there might be, having little training in biology myself; something that *could* result in some kinda "extra-strong" gene, that makes interspecies breeding easier to account for those bloody Twileks, and that isn't going to come down to "Sith purebloods and anyone even slightly descended from them are magical!")

It is interesting. But when I consider the question, I end up coming back, time and again, to the original Star Wars saga. Anakin Skywalker was married to a non-force-using woman and both of his children, by her, ended up with force-sensitivity. Their children, too, were incredibly powerful force-sensitives. Doesn't seem Padme's lack of force-using ability did much at all to negate the chance of some truly exceptional abilities on the part of her offspring.

It doesn't mean, to me, that there's any sort of guarantee for my Sith characters, that their children will be force-sensitive. Satele Shan's son, for one, wasn't force-sensitive. In fact, several Shans lacked force-abilities, including Bastila Shan's son, who, mind you, was born of TWO very powerful force-users. It just seems it's all a roll of the genetic dice. I figure my Sith are going to want children with the lovers they choose to share their lives with, but neither is going to deny a lover in the off-chance some child they have with that person might not be force-sensitive. They're going to roll the dice, and just wait and see, shrug.

It is interesting. But when I consider the question, I end up coming back, time and again, to the original Star Wars saga. Anakin Skywalker was married to a non-force-using woman and both of his children, by her, ended up with force-sensitivity. Their children, too, were incredibly powerful force-sensitives. Doesn't seem Padme's lack of force-using ability did much at all to negate the chance of some truly exceptional abilities on the part of her offspring.

It doesn't mean, to me, that there's any sort of guarantee for my Sith characters, that their children will be force-sensitive. Satele Shan's son, for one, wasn't force-sensitive. In fact, several Shans lacked force-abilities, including Bastila Shan's son, who, mind you, was born of TWO very powerful force-users. It just seems it's all a roll of the genetic dice. I figure my Sith are going to want children with the lovers they choose to share their lives with, but neither is going to deny a lover in the off-chance some child they have with that person might not be force-sensitive. They're going to roll the dice, and just wait and see, shrug.

Which would suggest it's definitely a dominant trait, but were either of Anakin's parents force-sensitive?

IMO, the way it's handled for the male LS Warrior makes the most sense; if this is an issue for our character, let us make it clear as Sith to our romance options that while we're perfectly willing to spend our lives with them, and take them on as... oh, consorts or some such, we're still going to be having children with a force-sensitive, since it's our duty. My warrior's already gone far enough outside her cultural upbringing simply in having an actual relationship that includes things like forgiveness and honesty, with an Imperial no less; forcing marriage and the possibility of introducing impurities into her family line, or having that relationship be over, is taking it too far.

Those aren't exactly the greatest odds if you really value your bloodline; you can maybe get away with it once, or take a chance on having a child with someone of impure background, but if force sensitivity is a big deal to you, a 25-50% chance your grandchild won't be one would certainly be enough to stop me from having a child with anyone other than a Sith from a long line of other Sith. And introducing even a single person who's lacking one of the chromosones runs the risk of keeping that in the line for generations to come, making any other non-force sensitive partner especially dangerous.

Yes, yes, definately =)

That is why I said that SW family might have a problem with Quinn.

I couldn't explain it as well as you did.

P.S. P.S. It's hard to judge Anakin's sensitivity. He was literally born from the Force.

Which would suggest it's definitely a dominant trait, but were either of Anakin's parents force-sensitive?

IMO, the way it's handled for the male LS Warrior makes the most sense; if this is an issue for our character, let us make it clear as Sith to our romance options that while we're perfectly willing to spend our lives with them, and take them on as... oh, consorts or some such, we're still going to be having children with a force-sensitive, since it's our duty. My warrior's already gone far enough outside her cultural upbringing simply in having an actual relationship that includes things like forgiveness and honesty, with an Imperial no less; forcing marriage and the possibility of introducing impurities into her family line, or having that relationship be over, is taking it too far.

Anakin's mother, from what we can tell, wasn't force senstive. And he didn't have a father, according to what Schmi said to Qui-Gon. He was born, quite literally, from the Force itself. Now, Leia's children were force sensitive, regardless of her marriage to a non-force sensitive Han. But Bastila Shan's child by Revan wasn't force sensitive. It doesn't seem that force sensitivity is a dominant trait, if two very powerful force sensitives weren't able to produce a force sensitive child. Maybe Anakin and his line was a complete fluke, the means of his conception changing things fundamentally, shrug.

The question of the female SW's family frowning upon her marriage to Quinn is moot, however, in light of the fact we have no idea what sort of family Quinn comes from. Chances are good he comes from a higher-class family, only because military officers in caste-driven societies are typically from the higher-classes. If that's the case, chances are good her family will be happier than not, because the potential of two high-class individuals to produce force-sensitive offspring is greater, if we're to suppose the higher classes in the Empire demonstrate force sensitivity more often. No guarantees, as Quinn himself demonstrates, but the potential is there.

I don't play male characters that often, so I can't really speak to that story. My SI is a male but the story seems inclined to leaving my SI without any sort of marriage potential with his lover. In my roleplay, it isn't something my SI really worries about, at least not in the immediate. This, regardless of the fact he's driven to redeem his family line. I tend to think it's just something he'll worry about "someday", hehe.

Anakin's mother, from what we can tell, wasn't force senstive. And he didn't have a father, according to what Schmi said to Qui-Gon. He was born, quite literally, from the Force itself. Now, Leia's children were force sensitive, regardless of her marriage to a non-force sensitive Han. But Bastila Shan's child by Revan wasn't force sensitive. It doesn't seem that force sensitivity is a dominant trait, if two very powerful force sensitives weren't able to produce a force sensitive child. Maybe Anakin and his line was a complete fluke, the means of his conception changing things fundamentally, shrug.

If two force-sensitive parents can produce a non-force sensitive child, what that tells us is that it's not a recessive trait, requiring both chromosones present to manifest; if it's dominant, which is the only thing I think works at all, two force sensitive parents who each have one of the necessary chromosones and one not would still have 25% chance of producing a non-force sensitive child. Which is precisely why you'd not want to risk introducing non-force sensitives into the line.

Of course, this is all assuming a) human biology, b) only one gene responsible for force sensitivity, and c) that what I remember of genetics is actually accurate :D

Apparently Anakin was a terrible example to look at, huh?

The question of the female SW's family frowning upon her marriage to Quinn is moot, however, in light of the fact we have no idea what sort of family Quinn comes from. Chances are good he comes from a higher-class family, only because military officers in caste-driven societies are typically from the higher-classes. If that's the case, chances are good her family will be happier than not, because the potential of two high-class individuals to produce force-sensitive offspring is greater, if we're to suppose the higher classes in the Empire demonstrate force sensitivity more often. No guarantees, as Quinn himself demonstrates, but the potential is there.

If we're going with the one gene, dominant trait assumption, there's absolutely no value in introducing any non-force sensitive at all. I would actually venture a guess that you could get a lot more possibilities if there're multiple genes involved, but unfortunately my knowledge of the topic is basically exhausted.

I don't play male characters that often, so I can't really speak to that story. My SI is a male but the story seems inclined to leaving my SI without any sort of marriage potential with his lover. In my roleplay, it isn't something my SI really worries about, at least not in the immediate. This, regardless of the fact he's driven to redeem his family line. I tend to think it's just something he'll worry about "someday", hehe.

For my SW (I can't believe I'm telling anyone else my dorky backstory), family's a big deal to her, especially since she's the last proper (i.e., non-slave non-Jedi) force sensitive of her generation in the family.

My SI is slightly insane, a Twilek, and in love with Lord Zash, though, so nothing good's going to come of that.

*snip*

Apparently Anakin was a terrible example to look at, huh?

If we're going with the one gene, dominant trait assumption, there's absolutely no value in introducing any non-force sensitive at all. I would actually venture a guess that you could get a lot more possibilities if there're multiple genes involved, but unfortunately my knowledge of the topic is basically exhausted.

For my SW (I can't believe I'm telling anyone else my dorky backstory), family's a big deal to her, especially since she's the last proper (i.e., non-slave non-Jedi) force sensitive of her generation in the family.

My SI is slightly insane, a Twilek, and in love with Lord Zash, though, so nothing good's going to come of that.

I agree about Anakin. Once I recalled his conception, I realized the nature of his birth pretty much negates using him as an example. Why I started thinking more about the Shans. My studies on the subject of genetics is long time ago sort of stuff, too, so I just don't know.

My own Sith warrior is pretty much failing to abide by Sith rules when it comes to Quinn. The girl's flat-out fallen in love, as much as a DS Sith can love someone. I mean, she doesn't trust him anymore than she'd trust anyone. But she wants him and will have him, period. Threats to him enrage her.

I started without any inclination for my Sith Sorcerer to pursue a relationship with Andronikos, but he steadily grew on her. There's a gently combative dynamic to their interactions (He acts sullen and distant to try to get her to attempt strongarm tactics so that he has a legitimate reason to defy her, she predicts this and gives him a patient, tolerant attitude and a wide berth, which makes him even more nervous) that keeps things interesting. Underneath it all, they're basically two independent-minded people who have a great deal of appreciation and respect for each other and stay together because of that- Jedi could learn a few things from that arrangement :p

Also, holy hell, his voice. ::drool::

Edited by Meira_Arirai

I started without any inclination for my Sith Sorceror to pursue a relationship with Andronikos, but he steadily grew on her. There's a gently combative dynamic to their interactions (He acts sullen and distant to try to get her to attempt strongarm tactics so that he has a legitimate reason to defy her, she predicts this and gives him a patient, tolerant attitude and a wide berth, which makes him even more nervous) that keeps things interesting. Underneath it all, they're basically two independent-minded people who have a great deal of appreciation and respect for each other and stay together because of that- Jedi could learn a few things from that arrangement :p

Also, holy hell, his voice. ::drool::

It's Spike, from Cowboy Bebop.

More precisely, it's Steve Blum. In Bioware material alone he's also been Oghren from Dragon Age and Grunt from Mass Effect.

It's Oghren I hear every time I talk to Andronikus. Some of the best moments in DA:O included Oghren. "Try this, Warden...<warden passes out>...Buahahaha!"

It's Oghren I hear every time I talk to Andronikus. Some of the best moments in DA:O included Oghren. "Try this, Warden...<warden passes out>...Buahahaha!"

Yeah. I was considering running through that romance on my Inquisitor, on the basis that it'd be a complete pain to level another one to 50 if I decide I'm feeling like a completionist later on, but I just can't. I picture Oghren every time he speaks.

Yeah. I was considering running through that romance on my Inquisitor, on the basis that it'd be a complete pain to level another one to 50 if I decide I'm feeling like a completionist later on, but I just can't. I picture Oghren every time he speaks.

I ended up playing my SI as a male, precisely because I just couldn't romance Oghren...err...Andronikus. Haven't played the story long enough to really play out the romance with Ashara, yet. But I had a hard hard time flirting with someone who just sounded like my bestest drunken dwarf buddy, sigh.