Satedbuffalo

Just had a civil war where 6 of 8 imps stacked east from 580 down to zero, ************ all the while that it wasn't worth the time to attack the enemy. That was interesting. My favorite comment of the event was "We're not here to kill pubs, we're here for stabilizers."

Just...just stop.

lol

I really hope that Bioware ends the stabilizer REing of PVP gear. Stabs should be available through PVE since they are used to craft PVE gear. PVP gear should grant PVP stabs for crafting PVP gear... I know a revolutionary concept, but since Bioware is so adamant on separating PVP and PVE then they should probably great a durasteel wall between the two.

That's nothing, one time, I saw one imp bring a ball back to their own spawn 5 to 0 to end the game faster. (We were farming medals because of the dauntless huttball bug).

One time, this marauder managed to convince all 8 imps to rush east (their own turret) to camp and farm medals.

One time, a whole imp team (on their defending round 2) dropped down behind the box right below spawn right as the round started.

People do silly things.

That's nothing, one time, I saw one imp bring a ball back to their own spawn 5 to 0 to end the game faster. (We were farming medals because of the dauntless huttball bug).

One time, this marauder managed to convince all 8 imps to rush east (their own turret) to camp and farm medals.

One time, a whole imp team (on their defending round 2) dropped down behind the box right below spawn right as the round started.

People do silly things.

You're making me very depressed very fast.

lol

I really hope that Bioware ends the stabilizer REing of PVP gear. Stabs should be available through PVE since they are used to craft PVE gear. PVP gear should grant PVP stabs for crafting PVP gear... I know a revolutionary concept, but since Bioware is so adamant on separating PVP and PVE then they should probably great a durasteel wall between the two.

Actually this is a brilliant idea, and should be posted under the correct forums.

I find it "funny" to see some ppl 2 weeks now in wz and they've yet to move out of rec2 :/

The system is in place, so can you blame them for using it? The fastest way to get stabs is pvp gear...so it makes sense that's what they'd do.

Isn't the whole idea of the pvp community around here that "we should be able to play how we want"? That should apply to people that want to piss around in a WZ just as much as a group that wants to roll a stacked premade and steamroll pugs over and over instead of challenging thmeselves on a pvp server. Or is it only "we should be able to play as we want as long as it's my way"?

The system is in place, so can you blame them for using it? The fastest way to get stabs is pvp gear...so it makes sense that's what they'd do.

Isn't the whole idea of the pvp community around here that "we should be able to play how we want"? That should apply to people that want to piss around in a WZ just as much as a group that wants to roll a stacked premade and steamroll pugs over and over instead of challenging thmeselves on a pvp server. Or is it only "we should be able to play as we want as long as it's my way"?

I think the reason we talk about a PvP community at all is because we want to maintain some system of expectations for behavior. That's why there are posts about appropriate gear, that's why there are posts about appropriate behavior, that's why there are posts about rage-quitting warzones. We valorize people who play well, who treat each other with respect, and who avoid hacks/exploits.

That a person is playing $14.99 to play the game doesn't grant him or her moral license to waste someone else's time. Of course we all have the freedom to do so, but we have community standards of behavior. If you violate those, you open yourself up to ridicule, anger, and ostracism.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post. The point was, "lol, omg, some people are *****."

I disagree. There is a clear and defined difference when you go into a WZ to farm stabilizers and ignore PVP. This issue is totally separate and different from premades. Now I would love to have cross-server solo queues and separate queues for premade groups, but that isn't something that Bioware is going to do anytime soon. They've stated on numerous occassions how much they want to keep the 'community atmosphere', which includes great teams of premades who get queued up against random pugs over and over and over.

You're comparing apples and oranges and they are totally different problems. Yes, they are both known complaints and issues that we as a community face, but they are different and I think it is wrong to compare selfish people who queue up for PVP and screw up WZs for their tor-pocketbooks to friends and guildmates queueing up together because they enjoy PVP with those peeps.

Over the last couple of days I have been exceedingly disappointed by the sheer amount of people whose sole purpose and desire in a WZ is to win. Not to be good, but to win. A large portion of these people are average at best, AT BEST, and they just blame everyone for losing instead of enjoying the process, the act of PVPing.

I had some no-name Sentinel cuss me out on my recruit geared Guardian and challenge my Marauder because he heard some 'rumors' about me. I tore him up 3/3 times on Ilum before I got tired of it. Why people can't be civil and just enjoy PVP, embrace the grind, that is beyond me.

On a personal note, I can get flustered at times when my teammates are just doing stupid ****, but it NEVER comes down to winning or losing. Some people though, it's almost as bad as the Nike Olympic ad "You don't win silver, you lose gold." Really!?!?!? As if being number 2 in the world isn't good enough?

My point bieng is that we should be civil, courteous, and enjoy PVP for PVP's sake, the OP is making light of an issue that we know about, an issue that is ruining WZs, and that we all should try to avoid doing ourselves.

Edited by AsiriusNazriel

I want to add that I've been disenfranchised before and have done things similar to node farming, but something that Pantopticus has written in the past, that made me rethink how I dealt with overwhelming opponent teams. So I want to give him a "thank you" shout-out for leading by example and I do keep that in mind every time I get the urge to node sit.

People who want to "piss around in a WZ" aren't playing the game when they ignore objectives, node camp, wear low level PvE gear, don't communicate, etc because all they care about is REing the gear for stabilizers. That's the problem. Also, telling PvPrs here to "challenge themselves" by going to a different server doesn't exactly foster a server community. Several of the PvPrs here also enjoy RPing, as they expressed on other threads, and rolled on a RP server so they could.... RP! Who would have thought?

My opinion is that if people are going to bother with the game mode, a good rule of thumb is to have respect for the other players and at least try to do it correctly. This applies to both PvE and PvP, and having the right set of gear for what you're doing is just a simple courtesy.

Not everybody is as skilled at PvP as the top PvPrs on the server, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm far from that skill level, but I'm working towards a min-max'd WH set and enjoy the challenge of PvP. Anybody can do things to lessen the steamroll, and that includes actually trying to get the most out of your PvP gear rather than just disrespecting the other players by being a farmer and RE'ing instead of upgrading. The point was made in another thread that you actually get your gear to RE for stabs faster faster if you have a good set of PvP gear because that facilitates one's ability to get medals!

Now back to the whole point of this thread, which is astonishment at how derpy people can be! My main gripe is with the people who roll out for 50s PvP in PvE greens or orange gear with purple 48 armor/mod/enhancements. It's worse than the free Recruit gear from a PvP perspective and from a PvE perspective there's free Tionese! There's no reason to wear it! :jawa_frown:

Edited by Headpunch

I think he's since seen the light and embraced Expertise.

Ayup. I'm between 1100 and 1200 on my Tank and Sentinel. Someone pointed out that it just made more mathematical sense for me to play with Expertise and they were right.

It doesn't make me any more skilled at pvp, I still suck, but I'm not artificially dragging my team down either.

Ayup. I'm between 1100 and 1200 on my Tank and Sentinel. Someone pointed out that it just made more mathematical sense for me to play with Expertise and they were right.

It doesn't make me any more skilled at pvp, I still suck, but I'm not artificially dragging my team down either.

You should aim for above 1200. It actually makes a huge difference. I was amazed at how much I noticed it when I went from 1100 to 1230 a few weeks ago.

Edited by silvershadows

You should aim for above 1200. It actually makes a huge difference. I was amazed at how much I noticed it when I went from 1100 to 1230 a few weeks ago.

Speaking as a healer, I'm just happy if you can clear 1k, or have full recruit. 1200+ is great, but I'm fine with 1k. Obviously, for a min-maxing PvPer, you probably want 1200.

Very glad to hear this. :)

Verry annoying to get teamed up with people who only want the daily credit. The only real way to limit this is to increase the starting reward threshold in PvP to the point where players actually have to participate.

Currently you can do squat in a warzone and as long as you aren't vote-kicked you get credit for 1/4 or 1/2 of the daily. If that's enough for some people, there would have to be some minimum trigger for getting daily credit.

Let's say the devs change it so that you actually need 3 medals to start getting comms AND to get credit for the daily. There would probably be a massive outcry from those that are just there to farm., but they would at least have to do a little bit of defense/offense/healing/protection to get credit. Once they get 3 medals though, what's to stop them from just camping a node and effectively giving up? (not that hard to get 3 medals durring the first fight within a warzone).

I'd actually be in favor of a 5-medal gate to comms and daily credit, but I think that would be too large a barrier to people just starting out in PvP and would discourage them from further PvP.

Granted, if the PvP gear just didn't give out molecular stabilizers then that particular problem would be solved and we'd only see PvPers in warzones. It would seem, however, that the simpler (lazier) route was taken and the "materials" of all level 61-63 components in the game were made to be the same. An Advanced Reflex armoring 26 and a War Hero Reflex Armoring 26 are both made of molecular stabilizers as far as TOR is concerened. Unfortunately isn't even considered a bug, and the existing bugs in this game aren't being given all that high a priority.

There would be outcry from those of us that just arent as good or have laggy connections as well.

Despite getting the correct gear, with matches that are really stacked, I still sometimes struggle to get a single medal. Especially if every target is jumping around, making it near impossible for me to do damage.