Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Self heal...self heal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Self heal...self heal

swifferdude's Avatar


swifferdude
01.09.2013 , 03:17 PM | #41
Ok ok. This is what i do when i get those horrible groups lke the ones your talking about....
I just heal them best i can really, if they die, then they die. If they blame me, i blame them for doing crappy things. If we wipe on a boss twice then i try to help them, but anything mor than that i just quit. If it gets reAlly bad, use caps lock, threaten to leave, etc.
POT5 PvP
My Youtube channel: GrassianGaming
I play a variety of classes! Check it out, like, and sub!

Graziell's Avatar


Graziell
01.10.2013 , 12:05 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
Why won't players self heal. I am currently leveling my operative. Tried boarding party yesterday, had to bail 3 times. Players going into battle at half health. And when they die they ask "where is the healer". I've had it. I now explain my rules of healing, and if they don't follow them...I leave. It's not just the self healing, there is a lack of crowd control. Very few tanks will take the lead...and mark cc's. And some DPS will break them. What the heck is going on?
Eh what you are an operative. its soooooo boring in the lowbie fp. just hot everyone, heal with scan/free instant and dps in between. If people arent below 10% they should just move along. You can heal on the move. Do it!
This way you speed the whole fp up.

Cidanel's Avatar


Cidanel
03.20.2013 , 09:24 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by swifferdude View Post
Ok ok. This is what i do when i get those horrible groups lke the ones your talking about....
I just heal them best i can really, if they die, then they die. If they blame me, i blame them for doing crappy things. If we wipe on a boss twice then i try to help them, but anything mor than that i just quit. If it gets reAlly bad, use caps lock, threaten to leave, etc.
I have historically (in other games) always played DPS. No real reason, it is just what I have always done. I just recently started up a Sawbones build just for the hell of it. I am only level 30, but I have a new appreciation for healing now. My once piece of advice from someone who has only ever played a non-healing class, communicate your concerns! I know healer's energy is always an issue, but day to day I simply never thought about it before playing as a healer. I usually assumed that if the healer wasn't asking us to hold up to regen then they were fine to heal us on the move, and I wouldn't self-heal.

If before the battle a healer tells us to self-heal between pulls I always did it. If they didn't say anything I always assumed they had a handle on it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but that is how I have historically thought.

JimmyTheCannon's Avatar


JimmyTheCannon
03.20.2013 , 03:12 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
I have historically (in other games) always played DPS. No real reason, it is just what I have always done. I just recently started up a Sawbones build just for the hell of it. I am only level 30, but I have a new appreciation for healing now. My once piece of advice from someone who has only ever played a non-healing class, communicate your concerns! I know healer's energy is always an issue, but day to day I simply never thought about it before playing as a healer. I usually assumed that if the healer wasn't asking us to hold up to regen then they were fine to heal us on the move, and I wouldn't self-heal.

If before the battle a healer tells us to self-heal between pulls I always did it. If they didn't say anything I always assumed they had a handle on it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but that is how I have historically thought.
Honestly, unless I'm on a Warrior I always regen between fights anyways to regain my resources. By the end of a trash pull my BH has built up a lot of heat.

It's always a good idea to regen between fights if you're hurt, though. Don't make the healer have to stop to heal you if you can avoid it. The only reason not to is if you're on a stated speed run and everyone knows this.

steave's Avatar


steave
03.20.2013 , 08:47 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Cidanel View Post
I have historically (in other games) always played DPS. No real reason, it is just what I have always done. I just recently started up a Sawbones build just for the hell of it. I am only level 30, but I have a new appreciation for healing now. My once piece of advice from someone who has only ever played a non-healing class, communicate your concerns! I know healer's energy is always an issue, but day to day I simply never thought about it before playing as a healer. I usually assumed that if the healer wasn't asking us to hold up to regen then they were fine to heal us on the move, and I wouldn't self-heal.

If before the battle a healer tells us to self-heal between pulls I always did it. If they didn't say anything I always assumed they had a handle on it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but that is how I have historically thought.
What else are you gonna do while you stand there after arriving at the next mob while waiting for the tank to pull? If you're not at max, you use that time to heal up. Tank pulling too early is the only excuse DPS have.
The tank on the other hand should be keeping an eye on the healers resources (after all, that's like an extension of his HP bar), and should be able to make a good call on if the healer is keeping up anyway or not. If everyone is pretty much topped up at all times in the fights anyway and you see your healer DPSing because he has nothing to do, you know you're fine and that starting the next fight with slightly less than max HP is fine.

Unfortunately, not everyone does that, or even the basic "is everyone here" check - I've seen tanks start fights while I, as the healer, is FAR behind due to getting delayed for whatever reason (stuck/sudden phone call/someone pulled something else on the way and I stayed to heal them/whatever). Sometimes I've managed to get in range in time to save them, but not always

Cidanel's Avatar


Cidanel
03.21.2013 , 07:10 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
What else are you gonna do while you stand there after arriving at the next mob while waiting for the tank to pull? If you're not at max, you use that time to heal up. Tank pulling too early is the only excuse DPS have.
The tank on the other hand should be keeping an eye on the healers resources (after all, that's like an extension of his HP bar), and should be able to make a good call on if the healer is keeping up anyway or not. If everyone is pretty much topped up at all times in the fights anyway and you see your healer DPSing because he has nothing to do, you know you're fine and that starting the next fight with slightly less than max HP is fine.

Unfortunately, not everyone does that, or even the basic "is everyone here" check - I've seen tanks start fights while I, as the healer, is FAR behind due to getting delayed for whatever reason (stuck/sudden phone call/someone pulled something else on the way and I stayed to heal them/whatever). Sometimes I've managed to get in range in time to save them, but not always
Oh, I don't disagree with anything you are saying. I was just making the point that if no one communicates a problem, many people assume there is no problem.

JouerTue's Avatar


JouerTue
04.09.2013 , 01:42 AM | #47
just heal them while moving and then meditate, recharge or whatever yourself. if they don't wait for you just let them be at the HP level they think is good..if you have a good group you can even don't max you before the next pull. when i tank i often max my hp before the next fight, unless i see the healer healing me obsessively..

omgzzwtf's Avatar


omgzzwtf
04.09.2013 , 02:12 AM | #48
What I do on my scoundrel is to make sure everyone is healed after the fight. Scoundrel energy regenerates relatively quickly, and it's nothing to make sure everyone has 2 stacks of time-release kolto pack and kolto cloud. Usually gets anyone that wasn't at 100% back up in time for the next fight. If I haven't had time for my energy to regen enough for a big pull, I'll usually tell the tank not to pull. It's pretty easy.