Nerf Cloak of Pain then we are done?

Fenomen

I think that Ability is the last Overpowered Thing on a Marauder. Let them have their Damage and fancy Cooldowns but having the Highest Damagereduction of any Dps for such prolonged Time isnt balanced. 30 Seconds is alot longer then any other Defensive Cooldown, its puts Rage Marauder at a 53!!! % Damagereduction. Thats more then any Tank while having no Damage Penaltys at all, in fact Cloak of Pain deals Damage.

If not a complete Redesign i would say a reduction of - 5% magnitude and -10 Second Duration would be a good Start.

I think that Ability is the last Overpowered Thing on a Marauder. Let them have their Damage and fancy Cooldowns but having the Highest Damagereduction of any Dps for such prolonged Time isnt balanced. 30 Seconds is alot longer then any other Defensive Cooldown, its puts Rage Marauder at a 53!!! % Damagereduction. Thats more then any Tank while having no Damage Penaltys at all, in fact Cloak of Pain deals Damage.

If not a complete Redesign i would say a reduction of - 5% magnitude and -10 Second Duration would be a good Start.

You know, when you whine about something on a Marauder, theyll change something highly unrelevant, like this time, Ahni nerf whereas Rage was complained about.

Incomming Ahnilate base damage nerf.

Besides CoP is easy to counter..l2 use roots or stuns if it bothers you

Edited by Masarko

The tears, they're delicious. You guys are relentless ill give you that. Do you realize nothing short of breaking whatever class happens to be able to beat you will satisfy you? Why don't you just ask Bioware for immunity in pvp, because that's essentially the source of all of these nerf threads. If someone kills you, nerf em. Sentinels and guardians are melee who are more visible when killing you, so you QQ about them first. After Bioware breaks them, it'll be vanguards, then snipers , then operatives again, then assassins, then sages, and so on. This is just a long way of saying L2P.

And 6 seconds is a lot shorter than any other defensive cooldown, and that's how long it lasts if you don't hit them.

So, the method of dealing with a Marauder is:

1) Don't put up ANY dots before Cloak of Pain.

2) Run away and don't even attempt to fight during Cloak of Pain. Most stuns and roots deal damage so they're not applicable. Some AoE hits the Marauder? Ooops, bad luck.

3) Save a knockback for Ravage.

4) Save a stun for Undying Rage.

5) Save your rage and anger for Force Camouflage.

6) If he happens to have Saber Ward available, just laugh at the sheer pointlessness of it all.

7) If you happen to be a class with high-hitting white damage attacks, don't use them during Obfuscate/Pacify. Just stand there like a lame duck. Or run away.

At this point, you're most likely dead anyway but at least you managed to avoid extending the uptime of Cloak of Pain. Well done!

Edited by Siorac

I just came back to check out the forums! Why am I not shocked that people are still crying about maras? Once the kiddies understand that every class should not be able to beat every other class, then we will start to understand what a "role" is.

Stop crying and stop pulling numbers out of thin air! 5%, 5 seconds, this, that...You have never looked into the effect that those reductions would have. What you do know, is that you have lost by a few seconds or a few % of health. So, you figured that those numbers would work for you. Move along, and let this game die. The devs already showed us how much they care about pvp....They don't.

So, the method of dealing with a Marauder is:

1) Don't put up ANY dots before Cloak of Pain.

2) Run away and don't even attempt to fight during Cloak of Pain. Most stuns and roots deal damage so they're not applicable. Some AoE hits the Marauder? Ooops, bad luck.

3) Save a knockback for Ravage.

4) Save a stun for Undying Rage.

5) Save your rage and anger for Force Camouflage.

6) If he happens to have Saber Ward available, just laugh at the sheer pointlessness of it all.

7) If you happen to be a class with high-hitting white damage attacks, don't use them during Obfuscate/Pacify. Just stand there like a lame duck. Or run away.

At this point, you're most likely dead anyway but at least you managed to avoid extending the uptime of Cloak of Pain. Well done!

I had a feeling I would get a response like this, but I decided not to state the obvious anyway. Now it seems I must:

WARZONES ARE NOT 1V1

And 1v1 is when Cloak of Pain is a game-changer. If you are getting focused it won't really extend your life much. If you are in a big brawl and pop it, there's a chance you won't get hit for six seconds. It's amazing how quickly that buff drains off your bar, and I freely admit that I have wasted it in situations like this.

#5 made me chuckle, btw. If anything, the stealth is a good target for a nerf. I often feel cheap having an escape ability that's so effective. It should be an aggro drop and root breaker for all specs. Carnage tree would need a little somefin somefin for compensation though.

The tears, they're delicious. You guys are relentless ill give you that. Do you realize nothing short of breaking whatever class happens to be able to beat you will satisfy you? Why don't you just ask Bioware for immunity in pvp, because that's essentially the source of all of these nerf threads. If someone kills you, nerf em. Sentinels and guardians are melee who are more visible when killing you, so you QQ about them first. After Bioware breaks them, it'll be vanguards, then snipers , then operatives again, then assassins, then sages, and so on. This is just a long way of saying L2P.

WAAAAAAH that marauder killed me nerf him!!!! One nerf later....

WAAAAAAH that sniper killed me nerf him!!!!! one nerf later....

WAAAAAAH that operative killed me nerf him!!!!! one nerf later....

WAAAAAAH that Assassin killed me nerf him!!!!! one nerf later....

WAAAAAAH my merc sucks, buff him!!!!! one buff later....

Jeez, it just never ends

I had a feeling I would get a response like this, but I decided not to state the obvious anyway. Now it seems I must:

WARZONES ARE NOT 1V1

And 1v1 is when Cloak of Pain is a game-changer. If you are getting focused it won't really extend your life much. If you are in a big brawl and pop it, there's a chance you won't get hit for six seconds. It's amazing how quickly that buff drains off your bar, and I freely admit that I have wasted it in situations like this.

#5 made me chuckle, btw. If anything, the stealth is a good target for a nerf. I often feel cheap having an escape ability that's so effective. It should be an aggro drop and root breaker for all specs. Carnage tree would need a little somefin somefin for compensation though.

You think 1v1s are when Cloak of Pain is a game changer? In 1v1s you actually have the option of mezzing him through Cloak of Pain to make him waste it. In a group warzone someone is probably going to attack the marauder or he'll get hit by AoEs extending his Cloak of Pain to the full 30 seconds. Cloak of Pain makes him survive quite a bit longer despite what you think. When you combine Cloak of Pain with all the other things a Marauder has at his disposal, it becomes too much. So in a 1v1 you're supposed to...

-Mezz his Cloak of Pain so that it doesn't give him the damage reduction.

-Mezz him again if he has his CC breaker so that his Cloak of Pain is wasted

But then... he has full resolve.. then

-He pops saber ward which lasts 12 seconds and effectively makes any white damage class near useless against him.

-When Saber Ward goes down he pops Obfuscate again making your white damage useless for even more seconds.

-If you try to run from him he has a Leap to close the gap. If he used his leap he can Force Camo to close the gap on you.

-If you did well enough to get him low... he can pop Undying Rage and prolong the fight for even 4 more seconds.

-You're supposed to stun/knockback ravage on top of all this.

So how many things are you supposed to stun or mezz him through really? Considering how resolve fills, it is IMPOSSIBLE to stun all these things, you will have to fight him with defensive cooldowns up no matter what you do, because he has so many of them. Even if most classes try to run away, the Marauder has a leap and force camo to close the gap on you.

Why not just pop your own defensive cooldown?

I do, my point was that group warzone environments is where Cloak of Pain is ridiculous. It's just way too easy for them to be hit by an AoE or have someone attack them and end up getting the full duration. Plus it has a 60 second cooldown. The high uptime combined with the low cooldown makes it overpowered in a group battle.

If you don't have a knockback, you have 2 stuns. Operatives and powertechs, 2 stuns.

Two stuns? Baseline I have Debilitate which is a hard stun and doesn't break on damage and Flashbang, which is a Mez and does break on damage. Where is the second stun coming from? As concealment, I do get access to Jarring Strike which is a 1.5 sec knockdown but that lasts just as long as the GCD so it doesn't count.