28A Mods are Junk! Give us the real ones PLEASE!

-Damask-

The 28A mods are terrible, people must not realize that they only give a total +2 stats (main + secondary) over the 26s and are actually worse than the 27s.

Its bad enough that almost all of the Black Market gear is junk that we have to replace with Arakanian gear that has real mods and enhancements, every time I get one in a 55 flashpoint I have only a small chance that any of the pieces will be an upgrade over my min/max'ed 61/63s, but not being able to craft mods that are any better than the ones two levels below is just mean devs! This expansion has already done enough to hurt crafting...

Please give us the real mods or make them learnable from REing!

Thank You

The 28A mods are terrible, people must not realize that they only give a total +2 stats (main + secondary) over the 26s and are actually worse than the 27s.

Its bad enough that almost all of the Black Market gear is junk that we have to replace with Arakanian gear that has real mods and enhancements, every time I get one in a 55 flashpoint I have only a small chance that any of the pieces will be an upgrade over my min/max'ed 61/63s, but not being able to craft mods that are any better than the ones two levels below is just mean devs! This expansion has already done enough to hurt crafting...

Please give us the real mods or make them learnable from REing!

Thank You

This

For some reason the cybertech 28 mods are the only ones that are A's and B's. Armoring, enhancements, barrels and hilts are all just 28's. Not sure why but I would prefer just the regular mods that didn't carry such high endurance.

Nope. Try again. I have green 28s and they say "No research available"

I've seen people selling purple 28s with a "crafted by" on the GTN.

They've to be getting them from somewhere.

Where did you get your 28s?

A and B mods should essentially never be used. Dont know why they're still in the game =/

Same goes for most of the enhancements on the new gear, even the underworld stuff has horrible itemization and Verpine is ... well, for the most part worse than my Dread Guard gear.

Edited by Asavrede

Nope. Try again. I have green 28s and they say "No research available"

Some can, some I assume are bugged, I got a few this way, mostly warrior mods. Seems the cunning, willpower, and aim (my three toons) never get pulled out of the ground.

Edited by Rincewend

All you need to do is search the GTN for "Advanced Mod 28" if you don't believe me... There are 24 pages of A & B mods and not a single 28 mod.

This is an intolerable situation! Crafting has taken a huge hit and now these junk mods are not even as good as the 27s which still take molecular stabilizers to make! So no sending companions on missions for mats, have to buy on gtn or do ops maybe? Honestly I don't even know where the stabs come from anymore... You told us we would be able to get them from REing lvl50 gear which is a total falsity. Regardless they are too expensive for crafting mods of a tier below that which can be learned at the skill trainer. We just want to be able to craft mods that are better than the previous tier... Is that too much to ask?

Please fix this devs, you're our only hope!

Edited by -Damask-

• 2 months later...

Can you please give us an update as to when we will be able to craft mods from the trainer that are better than the 27's?

Considering its very hard to get quantities of Molecular Stabilizers these days, we would like to be able to craft upgrades for companions and such.

Thank You

There is no need for a fix on this since it is working as intended. The 26-27 schematics were never sold from a vendor, so same way if you want better schematics you need to reverse a 30-31 mod. This is on par with the old 400 schematics from vendor where you only got the A ones as well.

So in no way should we receive a schematic from trainer that is better than the ones you get from reversing a drop, even if it is a 27 one.

More, are the As schematics so bad for companions? No, you are just using this as an excuse to cry for better recipes for no trouble. If your companions is already equipped with 27s BIS then you need to use drops or 30-31 crafts. Again like it used to work pre 2.0.

Last, if you compare the other crew skills you will notice that they get the best 28 schematic available (like hilt, barrel, enhancement etc) but so does Cyber with Armorings. Giving cyber the best for mods as well would just make an op profession even more op (mind you i already have all crew skills so i wouldn't' mind receiving such a buff but it would cause more balance issues)

Edited by galliant

It's not what i want and not what i said, you failed to read it apparently

(mind you i already have all crew skills so i wouldn't' mind receiving such a buff but it would cause more balance issues)

And you can craft better mods, the 30-31 ones. Just because you would like them to be handed over doesn't mean they should.

And don't try implying that you are talking about the majority of cyber crafters or even a small percentage. You are talking about your opinion and maybe 5-10 people that posted here, that hardly makes it the

the rest of the cybertechs out there

I can assure you that the ones that craft the best mods does not want you or me or anyone else been handed a good schematic. And this is a fact, instead of an assumption like yours

And again i'll quote myself cause you failed to read it

(mind you i already have all crew skills so i wouldn't' mind receiving such a buff but it would cause more balance issues)